Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 10-19-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt Austin lasts until the third with the year they've had.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geno Smith has dropped from the top of my QB Wish List.

It's now:

1. Wilson
2. Smith
3. Barkley
Old 10-20-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go Barkley, Smith, Wilson personally.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what to think about Barkley. I really don't. He terrifies me as the first overall pick type of guy.

I still love Geno and Tyler Wilson though.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i'm not jumping off the Geno Smith train. yes, his team has lost 2 in a row and by a very large margin. IMO, thats more to do with WVs system than Geno make poor choices or being inaccurate. at no point did i think he could keep up the crazy pace he set earlier in the season. he is human and will be coming back down to earth a bit. look @ his stats. he is still completing 74% of his passes and has a 26/2 TD/INT ratio. he has everything i look for in a QB. good arm, good choices, productive, good size and last but certainly not least, he has IT between the ears. this adversity will be good for him this year and in the future. i like knowing the QB knows how to deal with losing. he wont always be 16-0.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't know what to think about Barkley. I really don't. He terrifies me as the first overall pick type of guy.

I still love Geno and Tyler Wilson though.
Barkley isn't like the other USC QB's. He has everything you'd want from a first round guy except that he doesn't have a rifle of an arm or that he isn't taller.

Those negatives don't bother me at all.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

[depressing]

It has been 25 years since a quarterback the Chiefs drafted led Kansas City to a win. A quarter century!

Todd Blackledge was the last Chiefs quarterback to do it, back in 1987. Since then, a parade of no-name and underperforming quarterbacks has arrived in Kansas City: Doug Hudson in the seventh round in 1987; Danny McManus in the 11th round in 1988; Mike Elkins in the second round in 1989; Matt Blundin in the second round in 1992; Steve Matthews in the seventh round in 1994; Steve Stenstrom in the fourth round in 1995; Pat Barnes in the fourth round in 1997; James Kilian in the seventh round in 2005; Brodie Croyle in the third round in 2006; and Stanzi in the fifth round in 2011.

[/depressing]

Ugh.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:02 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

do you guys think it's possible we draft 2 QB's? 1 in 1st and another in mid-late RD's or might we sign a vet to help the rookie out? (i.e a David Garrard type)
Old 10-27-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
do you guys think it's possible we draft 2 QB's? 1 in 1st and another in mid-late RD's or might we sign a vet to help the rookie out? (i.e a David Garrard type)
I think that Cassel and Quinn will both be gone after this year. Or at least I hope so. If that happens, I'd be 100% fine drafting two QBs, maybe one in the first and one in the fourth or fifth.. or drafting one in the first and signing a veteran. It doesn't matter much to me as long as we have a new QB group on opening day next year. Our QB group is laughably pathetic.

Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Kansas City will draft two quarterbacks, although Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn should both be gone at the end of the season. Chad Henne makes sense as a backup quarterback considering his connection with Brian Daboll; the Jaguars could attempt to replace Blaine Gabbert this offseason and may be unwilling to pay Henne's $2.625 million base salary either way.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
I don't think Kansas City will draft two quarterbacks, although Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn should both be gone at the end of the season. Chad Henne makes sense as a backup quarterback considering his connection with Brian Daboll; the Jaguars could attempt to replace Blaine Gabbert this offseason and may be unwilling to pay Henne's $2.625 million base salary either way.
That is all well and good, but there is less than 1% chance that Daboll is brought back. I expect the entire coaching staff to be fired as soon as the season is over, along with the front office.

Familiarity with Daboll, as I've seen you mention a few times, won't matter. He won't be here.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I'd rather they didn't draft two quarterbacks. The QB coach (whoever that is) should be focusing on the main guy and not dividing his time behind that guy and the spare. Sign a veteran guy that can help to tutor the rookie. Yes, I think there will be a general house cleaning at the end of the season, but I'm not sure that includes Pioli. If he stays, Pioli gives up a lot of power to the new head coach (Andy Reid???).
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow this is sad. This years QB crop looks like one of the worst in years. None of these guys look like a franchise caliber QB.

Man this sucks.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Wow this is sad. This years QB crop looks like one of the worst in years. None of these guys look like a franchise caliber QB.

Man this sucks.
I think any of the top three (Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson) could be very very good players. I'm excited about this group. It isn't a Luck/RG3 year, but those are very rare. I'll take one of those guys and be very happy about it.

Old 10-28-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I don't care if it's Barkley, Smith or Wilson.any of those three guys will be immense upgrades over the current "product" at QB
Old 10-28-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What does everyone think of Bray, Boyd, Murray and Manual?
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
What does everyone think of Bray, Boyd, Murray and Manual?
Definitely not in the 1st, unless they traded back into the bottom end of the round to make a selection. I think Glennon should be added to that group and Boyd removed.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I think any of the top three (Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson) could be very very good players. I'm excited about this group. It isn't a Luck/RG3 year, but those are very rare. I'll take one of those guys and be very happy about it.
So how does guys' like Barkley or Geno Smith compare to other first overall picks for example Stafford, Bradford....eh or Jamarcus Russell. Clearly we have to take a quarterback right...I might have a stroke if we don't take a qb if we end up not taking a qb.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate the idea of taking a QB just for the sake of taking a QB, but I also hate the idea of not taking a QB. I believe we will all lament that we didn't suck harder for Luck/RG3 last year for a long, long time.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I hate the idea of taking a QB just for the sake of taking a QB, but I also hate the idea of not taking a QB. I believe we will all lament that we didn't suck harder for Luck/RG3 last year for a long, long time.
Man, I'd even say that about Tannehill or Weeden. At least those franchises have hope that the future is bright.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Yeah, pretty much. I just hope we take the right QB. The last time we took a QB in the first, Blackledge, we passed over Dan Marino and Jim Kelly to take him. That one still makes my head hurt.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Personally, I don't think Todd Blackledge got much of a chance. He had the arm, leadership and poise over those two hall of famers...like Cassel, or Stanzi and Quinn. they never got a true shot (I kinda miss NEPG here so I gotta argue a little bit Matriculator.....just kididng)
Old 11-03-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Personally, I don't think Todd Blackledge got much of a chance. He had the arm, leadership and poise over those two hall of famers...like Cassel, or Stanzi and Quinn. they never got a true shot (I kinda miss NEPG here so I gotta argue a little bit Matriculator.....just kididng)
That's OK. Well, he probably never did get much of a chance with the Chiefs of that era. And I'm sure Joe Montana wouldn't have been Joe Montana if the Chiefs had drafted him instead of Steve Fuller. OTOH, they both pretty much sucked.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imma have to let the elder statesmen here argue for or against Blackledge. i never saw him play. my earliest memories of a Kansas City QB were of Dave Krieg. my 1st good memory of a Chiefs QB was the Montana vs Elway MNF game in Denver.

i dont think it is fair to compair any of this years QBs to any other past season. every year looks like a good or bad year @ the QB position. truth is, no one will know how good any of these players will be until they prove it on the field. can't miss players bust all the time. we need a franchise QB to lead this orginization out of the abyss they find themselves in. whether it be by sucking and being awarded the #1 overall pick or trading up for the guy they think is the best. either way we need to move forward after this draft with a new face to represent this team. if he works out, then he will be a heroe forever in KC. if he doesn't, then we try again in a few years. we just can't afford to take the mentallity that we have had for the last 25+ years. gotta draft a QB when you dont have 1. there is no such thing as having to many good players on your team.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yep. The only possible position we can pick in the first is QB. Period. No other position matters when you don't have your franchise guy. It really is that simple.