Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-15-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't want to focus or get into our needs right now. I still need to see a more consistant performance from Josh Freeman to determine he's worthy of a franchise qb and contract extension. I've seen some progress over the past game and a half so hopefully it's signs of good things to come. But I have yet to see a good performance against a playoff caliber team as well.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I really don't want to focus or get into our needs right now. I still need to see a more consistant performance from Josh Freeman to determine he's worthy of a franchise qb and contract extension. I've seen some progress over the past game and a half so hopefully it's signs of good things to come. But I have yet to see a good performance against a playoff caliber team as well.
The problem we will face though is inconsistent Freeman will get us 6 or so wins and might put us out of range for a top of the line guy. That said, I'm hoping he sheds the inconsistency and just becomes the awesome Freeman we used to love.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Josh Freeman answers the question as our Starting "Franchise QB" the rest of the way, I can see this team going this way in the off-season:

Resignings:
- Michael Bennett DE
- Demar Dotson T
- EJ Biggers CB
- Legarrett Blount RB (RFA)
- Tiquan Underwood WR (RFA)
- NT Roy Miller

Retired: Ronde Barber FS/CB

Cuts:
- Trueblood (not retained)
- Aqib Talib ( not retained)
- Arrellious Benn Wr
- Myron Lewis CB

Signings:
-DE Michael Johnson : We've still have Question marks at DE with Bowers and Clayborn being injured and no consistant pass rush.
-DT Glenn Dorsey: Dorsey is a better fit in the 4-3 scheme and could be had at a decent price.

Draft:
1st: Demarcus Milliner CB Alabama: Talib is gone pretty much. Milliner has that shut down potential
2nd: DJ Fluker T Alabama: We rid ourselves of Trueblood, as Fluker takes over the RT position.
3rd: Zach Ertz TE Stanford: Safety Valve for Josh Freeman
4th: Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia: Underrated prospect. Could go higher but right now, good spot. Excellent Slot option.
5th: Johnny Adams CB Michigan State: We retain Biggers to be the 3rd CB, but in this league, never have enough CBs.
6th: Matt Steinkewitch C Penn State: Zuttah has been inconsistant. Steinkewitch adds depth to both G/C and can start down the road.
7th: Michael Zordich RB/FB Penn State: Lorig isn't a true FB. Zordich has spent time at RB this year, so this can give us depth.
7th: Via Chicago: Neal Huynh DT Ohio: Depth along the d-line.
Old 10-21-2012, 07:35 PM    (permalink
impactplayerx47
Rookie

impactplayerx47 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sup everybody!

I've gotta say thus far I think our biggest needs are DE, TE and CB. I know I read it on a previous post, but even if Bowers comes back this season and is productive, and Clayborn comes back healthy to start the season we need more pass rushers, PERIOD. I don't trust Aqub at all, and even before the suspension he had not had ONE good game. I think we need to look at a long term option, I don't know if we can expect Ronde to play FS AGAIN next season, but I am comfortable moving forward with Ahmad Black back there. Dallas Clark had a few plays today, and I know we don't feature our TE much (Even if you look at the Giants O over the last few years) but we need to get more production out of the TE position and I'm just not sold on Luke Stocker.

I know I have a little more insight as it's been a few weeks since people were initially calling for a new QB, but obviously coming off of 2 solid performances it's easy to say "josh is fine" etc, but the whole new offense argument was totally legit. I think by the time we get to week 12 or 13, Freeman will have a solid grasp on the offense, even in today's game (and that state line against N.O today was beautiful) there were periods of time where he STILL looked uncomfortable. He'll come along and we'll be fine.

We need to find a way to finish these games, but I think we are obviously a much improved squad. Nothing gets me more excited than thinking about Mason Foster (who is playing at a HIGH level) and Lavonte David playing together for the foreseeable future. We could use a young stud to replace Quincy Black though......
impactplayerx47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know it's a new offense, but I'm looking at the ability to read defenses. He doesn't throw on anticipation. He waits for his WR to come open, not throw him open.

As Rob Ryan stated in the pre-game interview, when they watched all the tape they had on Josh Freeman, they said he looks to his first read and stays on that one side and fails to see the rest of the field. He doesn't go through his progressions. I've seen the film breakdown from Steve Whites Blog. There were many times he's staring down Luke Stocker and Vincent Jackson and Dallas Clark on different plays where 2 other Reciever Options were Open. One was with Mike Williams beating his man on a deep crossing route with about 2 steps and no Safety over the top. Yet he's staring Dwon Luke Stocker on a corner route for 3 seconds and makes that throw.

Look, I understand it's a new offense, but these are flaws that have nothing to do with the scheme. He's not seeing the field and he's never had the accuracy stating back to college.

All off-season we hear he's this hard-worker and constantly watching film and working with coaches. I just don't think, by his 4th season, he just doesn't get it. Doesn't do a good job with the blitz either.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not coming to Freeman's defense here, but he still needs time. He is talented and still extremely young as far was QBs go. Yes, he had two straight excellent "statistical games" but we all know he is still not ONE with his receivers. Still, I think the improvement is obvious. Statistically speaking, he is playing at an acceptable level. I'm still not happy and I still point to the new offense as a major reason for... as you said it... not being able to anticipate better. He has to eyeball receivers before he throws to him. I still believe that once he is more comfortable and actually knows where his second and third progressions are, he will be able to anticipate better. Give him time.

I've always said that it takes at least five regular season weeks for an offense to really start to get in synch with a new offensive coordinator. I think for the most part, we are seeing that with the entire offensive unit against the Chiefs and Saints (it doesn't help that both defenses suck). Hopefully, they continue to improve throughout.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm not coming to Freeman's defense here, but he still needs time. He is talented and still extremely young as far was QBs go. Yes, he had two straight excellent "statistical games" but we all know he is still not ONE with his receivers. Still, I think the improvement is obvious. Statistically speaking, he is playing at an acceptable level. I'm still not happy and I still point to the new offense as a major reason for... as you said it... not being able to anticipate better. He has to eyeball receivers before he throws to him. I still believe that once he is more comfortable and actually knows where his second and third progressions are, he will be able to anticipate better. Give him time.

I've always said that it takes at least five regular season weeks for an offense to really start to get in synch with a new offensive coordinator. I think for the most part, we are seeing that with the entire offensive unit against the Chiefs and Saints (it doesn't help that both defenses suck). Hopefully, they continue to improve throughout.
Great evaluation Brasho. I do think he needs more time.

However, yes the Saints defense is very poor, but the Cheifs rank top 12 in the NFL in defense, in both categories. There problem is QB, not talent, so that game offensively was pretty impressive. He statistically outperformed Drew Brees, which is something that isn't done much. He's got the talent, but I agree, consistancy is key.

Tomorrow will be a good test. He can show his improvement and adjustments against a defense that plays a lot of cover 2 zone, where he has had his fair share of struggles.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rather than focusing on who we should draft with our first round pick, since the draft board and positioning shift so much this time of year, I'm interested in seeing which positions you think the Buccaneers will need to address this off season.

Here's my list:

- Right Tackle: Dotson is playing decently and I'm pleased that someone has finally supplanted Trueblood at the position, but I do think this is a position we ought to address in some respect.

- Wide Receiver: The top of the depth chart is fine. Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams and Tiquan Underwood have been performing well. The backups, however, leave a lot to be desired. Benn hasn't lived up to expectations since being drafted and isn't contributing at all on offense with the exception of his one reverse per game, which never works. Owusu hasn't been able to crack the starting lineup and Parrish isn't anything other than a punt returner. Perhaps the most telling aspect of the depth issue we have here is that Dallas Clark and Luke Stocker are frequently out wide when the Bucs show a 4/5-wide set.

- Tight End: Clark might retire after this season and, while I think the Bucs will be comfortable with letting Stocker move into the starting job, that means they could be in the market for a backup.

- Defensive Tackle: Roy Miller is playing well, but he's a free agent after this season, so there's no guarantee he returns and the Bucs are an injury from either Miller or McCoy away from having Corvey Irvin or Gary Gibson starting at the position.

- Outside Linebacker: Quincy Black's contract could make him a cap casualty if the Bucs decide to pursue some bigger name free agents this coming off season.

- Cornerback: Talib is a free agent and his recent suspension could mean the Bucs will decide not to re-sign him. Myron Lewis will (hopefully) be cut sometime before next season and Brandon McDonald hasn't exactly been playing well. That leaves the team with Eric Wright, EJ Biggers and Leonard Johnson.

- Special Teams: This team needs to find a returner who can put an end to the musical chairs deal we've had going on at punt returner and who can supplant Benn on kick returns so we don't have to watch him make at least one bone-headed decision each week.

You could also make an argument for needing a safety, but I really hope Barber comes back and, if he doesn't, Ahmad Black has looked good enough in limited action to get a chance there. Additionally, the Bucs could look to add some pass rushers, since you can never have enough of those.

Last edited by Legacy : 10-30-2012 at 12:32 AM.
Legacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given where we will be picking, I'd be pretty confident suggesting we will go after one of the top corners.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:13 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Given where we will be picking, I'd be pretty confident suggesting we will go after one of the top corners.
I would go after the top cb pass rusher or DT available in round 1. Still can get a cb on the FA market and Poyer in round 2.

I love Dion Jordan from Oregon. He's got JPP clone all over him.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think with the trade of Talib now CB becomes our biggest need by far. Maybe LB if we let Black go.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's probably true, but the way Leonard Johnson played in the Vikings game has me optimistic about his future. It'll be interesting to see if he can continue to play well.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
That's probably true, but the way Leonard Johnson played in the Vikings game has me optimistic about his future. It'll be interesting to see if he can continue to play well.
I'd say, sign a vet (Mike Jenkins, Jason McCourty) then draft either a Jonathon Banks in round 1 or Jordan Poyer via round 2.

I like Johnson a lot as well, but before we jump the gun, let's see how he fairs. He'll go through ups and downs, but I do love his potential as a future nickel back.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
I think with the trade of Talib now CB becomes our biggest need by far. Maybe LB if we let Black go.
Dude, Black barely is on the field for 40% of snaps. With the way the NFL is running 3 WR sets, we're in nickel packages most of the time and he's not part of it. No need to go over and beyond in replacing him.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Quote:
Dude, Black barely is on the field for 40% of snaps. With the way the NFL is running 3 WR sets, we're in nickel packages most of the time and he's not part of it. No need to go over and beyond in replacing him.
You do realize that he's making more money than Terrell Suggs this season, right?

We're paying him $5.5 million to ride the bench most of the time. He's definitely in danger of being a cap casualty.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
You do realize that he's making more money than Terrell Suggs this season, right?

We're paying him $5.5 million to ride the bench most of the time. He's definitely in danger of being a cap casualty.
You didn't understand what I was getting at. If/when we let Black go, there's no reason to make LB a high priority. Dekota Watson/Nahej Goode to fill that role. Sheesh.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Black's contract was heavily frontloaded the first two seasons where all his guranteed $$ paid. I'm pretty sure next year, he won't be making that much. But still, he's expendable as a cap casualty.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Ok. That I agree with. I don't think Watson would be the answer and the jury is still out on Goode, but there's really no need to draft another linebacker unless a guy the Bucs have rated really highly on their board is unexpectedly available when the team picks in one of the later rounds.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, has been a while since I have been on here but getting back in the mix I think draft wise we need an approach on defense similar to the one that NYG have, which is to load up on the front 4. In this pass happy league which does not appear to change anytime soon I think we need the approach that you can not have enough pass rushers. Especially with guys like Drew Brees and Matty "Ice" in our division. If I remember correctly Drew stayed pretty clean that game we lost in a heart breaker. Albeit a lot of 3 man rush fronts, a good pass rush negates mediocre corner play. The Giants game is another game that comes to mind especially the 2nd half were Eli Manning had 4, 5, and 6 seconds to throw the ball. Having a great pass rush is what made guys like Donnie Abraham, Damien Robinson, Brain Kelly, Dex Jackson, etc pro bowlers.

Not saying we can pass on a good corner if one should fall to us but I say focus on D Line, we have 2 studs at LB, if Leonard Johnson maintains how he played against MIN he could be our Brent Grimes. That being said we can afford to use lower draft picks on CB's and Safeties were guys like I mentioned before could come in and play well.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

I agree that the pass rush needs to be fixed, but I think we're likely to play ourselves out of draft position for one of the top tier pass rushers in this class. In that case, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting the best cornerback on the board.

The problem is, as you mentioned, that we play in a division with two quarterbacks who are capable of making any secondary in the league look like garbage if the pass rush doesn't keep them from getting into a rhythm. The Broncos proved that against the Saints. Their pass rush was in Brees' face all night and he had one of his worst games as a Saint. We could have Champ Bailey and Darrelle Revis as our starting cornerbacks and Brees would still pick our defense apart if we can't pressure him.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We both agree, I would love to add a guy like Michael Johnson in free agency and a Glenn Dorsey but I think Michael is chasing a big contract and I think he is best suited as a pass rush specialist. Dorsey used to be a BEAST in college many experts thought he was the second coming of Sapp, blasphemous I know, but he was dominant as a 3 tech in college and I would love him in our rotation. Maybe a CB in the 1st round or BPA or hell trade down and get more picks like we did the draft prior then a player like Jeffcoat falls to us in the second round, every year a pass rusher falls because he doesn't test or have great measurables and we see this time after time again

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no outside rush on this team.

Draft the highest rated passrusher. Use him as a Sam in the over in base packages, then as an end on pass sets with Bennett moving inside.

I think AT LEAST two of Mingo, Montgomery, Werner, Moore, and Buchanon will be available at Tampa's pick; all being capable pass rushers.

Wouldn't be upset with the pick of Banks or Milliner either if they pick outside of the top 12-15.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
lowlife
Veteran

lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lowlife is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And god damn this team needs some depth along both lines.
lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Top Rated Needs:

1. DE: We need a dominate pass rusher, particulary on the outside. However, a dominate NT can eat up blockers and free McCoy/Bowers/Bennett/Clayborn for more 1 on 1 match ups as well.

2. CB: I like the way the Giants build there defensive unit. Build there front 4 with dominate defensive lineman and get solid cover Cbs later. Definately a huge need, but I'd prefer to get after the QB and help the CBs job out.

3. OL Depth: We've lost Joseph and Nicks and Dotson is our starter at RT. Zuttah has been a ? mark as a Center. We could draft a C and G/T, in my opinion to push competition and make our Oline stronger. Meredith was a nice find for depth.

4. TE: Our offense doesn't need a primary weapon at this position, and the draft strength isn't at TE either depth wise, but someone who can block and catch the ball can be found in the middle rounds.

5. DLINE Depth.: Miller has been good next to McCoy, but I still think another quality DT needs to be added.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Bucfan 12 Updated Off-season:

resign:
- DE Michael Bennett
- OT Demar Dotson
- TE Dallas Clark
- G/T Jamon Meredith

Cap Casualty:
- OLB Quincy Black

Retire:
- S Ronde Barber

Question mark?
-Eric Wright (Guranteed money majority was paid in year 1.)
- CB Ej Biggers: If Leonard Johnson emerges and so does Anthony Gaitor (if he returns this year), Biggers may not be retained)
- RB Lagarrett Blount: RFA, may or may not be tendered.

Free Agency:
- RB Peyton Hillis (Pair with Doug Martin, Power Back)
- WR Early Doucett (3rd/4th WR)
- CB Mike Jenkins (Tampa native, and opportunity to start)
- DT Israel Idonje: Miller has been good, but we can upgrade.

Draft:
1st Round: Dion Jordan DE Oregon: Freakish Athlete and pass rusher. Only his 3rd year at the DE position, Jordan seems to be coming into his own and is very similar to JPP coming out.

2nd Round: Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State: Physical CB who fits the proto-type Schiano player. Physical, can tackle, and makes plays.

3rd Round: Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State
: With Black on the way out, Hodges fills out SLB position. Even though LB isn't that big of a need with Foster and David becoming future stars, FA took care of a few positions and Hodges adds a starter and depth with future potentia.

4th Round: Alex Hurst T LSU: Physical lineman who can push Dotson for playing time.

4th round Via New England: DJ Hayden CB Houston: In the NFC South, going up against Atlanta and New Orleans, you can never have enough CBs. Hayden is another physcial CB that fits the mold.

5th Round: Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State: Reminds me a little bit of a Dallas Clark/Kevin Boss type player who just is an all around football player. Good Blocker and can make plays in the pass game and run good routes.

6th Round: Matt Stankwietcz C Penn State: Zuttah has been up and down in his first year at C. We have seen enough of Larsen to know he's not good depth. Stankeviectz can provide the Bucs with depth at C and some competition for Zuttah.

7th Round: Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State: Could provide future depth and effective special teams player.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would love to get Poyer. Jordan seems like a big project that could turn out great.
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Well, I think we can safely cross RB off our list of needs for the next couple of years.

I was at the game today and Martin did a nice job to shutting that crowd up. He really seemed to be enjoying himself on the sidelines, too. He was trying to pump the Bucs fans up while blowing kisses to the Raiders fans who flipped him off.