Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sean Payton's contract extension voided

NFL voids Payton's extension

"At issue in the contract was one specific clause that would have enabled Payton to walk away from the deal if general manager Mickey Loomis was suspended, fired or left the New Orleans organization, sources said.

The league believed that any such language in Payton's contract would set a bad precedent for other coaching contracts and rejected the deal well before Loomis was suspended for the first eight games this season for his part in the bounty scandal.

Dating back to roughly the start of this year, the two sides engaged in numerous subsequent conversations to try to resolve the issue but never did."

Last edited by ryno626 : 11-04-2012 at 09:03 AM.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry Jones is on line 1?
Old 11-04-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're making a big deal out of this on ESPNRadio. I'm just sure why. As soon as I heard the specifics, I figured the Saints and Payton would just sign a new contract with the exact monetary details. Am I wrong to think that?
They did throw out that he has Dallas roots and there might be an opening there soon.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way does Sean Payton leave New Orleans. Not a chance. ESPN does there job in speculating, but it's not going to happen.

I didn't read the specifics, but my guess: How can you be negotiating a contract when you're suspended?
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That'd be insane to see him leave New Orleans.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL owners are FOS.
You can't tell me that more than a few owners are hoping Payton bails on the Saints and screws that franchise even more.

These guys run the NFL like the mafia.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
They're making a big deal out of this on ESPNRadio. I'm just sure why. As soon as I heard the specifics, I figured the Saints and Payton would just sign a new contract with the exact monetary details. Am I wrong to think that?
They did throw out that he has Dallas roots and there might be an opening there soon.
This was my thoughts exactly. I don't think the Saints view gin as an evil person and he helped them win a SB. So I'm assuming he will be back.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I didn't read the specifics, but my guess: How can you be negotiating a contract when you're suspended?
i think that is the point. i dont believe he can negotiate while he is suspended. that makes him a FA at the end of the year. all of the sudden there could be a bidding war for him. he would be stupid not to listen to the offers and at least get the most out of the Saints. there is sure to be ALOT of HC openings and he would be near the top of everyone of them. at minimum he will field the offers and make the decision that is best for him and his family. that does not necessarily mean being back in NO.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
i think that is the point. i dont believe he can negotiate while he is suspended. that makes him a FA at the end of the year. all of the sudden there could be a bidding war for him. he would be stupid not to listen to the offers and at least get the most out of the Saints. there is sure to be ALOT of HC openings and he would be near the top of everyone of them. at minimum he will field the offers and make the decision that is best for him and his family. that does not necessarily mean being back in NO.
The saints are 2-5 with out him. They'd be crazy not to open up the check book and match any offer.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess he ultimately end up staying in NO but when Jerry Jones wants to offer you money you have to listen. He could easily make him the highest paid coach ever.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'd guess he ultimately end up staying in NO but when Jerry Jones wants to offer you money you have to listen. He could easily make him the highest paid coach ever.
Honestly, I think Jerry Jones is a huge problem in Dallas and still hasn't realized it. I wouldn't want to coach that mess right now.

He's got it made in New Orleans, Payton does. Why would he want to leave that?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll stay in NO. I honestly feel this is a non-story.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dallas fanbase is a good one to pander to.

He could get more money from NO out of this, if not only because he may ask for more if this Loomis clause isn't allowed to be a part of this.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, basically told all ESPN media hooligans, that there's no chance Payton leaves New Orleans. He'll just re-sign in the off-season.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He'll stay in NO. I honestly feel this is a non-story.
Of course it's a non-story, but ESPN has 24 hours of broadcasting to fill!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that some people would move and not think twice but IMO it would be kind of a dick move to leave if he did choose to do so. I highly doubt he does anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote