Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Oh man. The commercial told me artistic people use the S3 and it's totally true.

I know this because the two guys with the S3 were going to meet at the studio later.
Yeah they forgot to mention the part where their phones freezed on them 3 minutes later.

#iPhoneIn2012
Old 10-31-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My iPhone feels so limited after seeing what my roommate's Galaxy can do. I went on a search for new apps, but they all suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
My iPhone feels so limited after seeing what my roommate's Galaxy can do. I went on a search for new apps, but they all suck.
The multiple home pages seems nice at first, but it's kind of useless. If you organize your apps into folders like I do there is no need for it.

Video and music sharing are better on android. No question. I'm old and out of touch these days though so I just open Pandora and call it a day.

For me, speed is without question my biggest determinant of what I want. And the iPhone 5 is easily the fastest phone on the market. Smoked the s3 in speed tests. The s3 barely beat the 4s in functional speed.

But again, it all depends on what you do with your phone.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ಠ_ಠ asdfasdf
You know it's true. The best android phones are the nexus by far bc they are the smoothest and fastest of the bunch with the least problems. If I go back to android I'm going nexus.
Old 10-31-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

That was used to spice up the post.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Anyone download any new apps worth mentioning?

I think I got most of the ones that matter, but I'm curious to see what everyone else is using.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got my first Iphone ever yesterday. Figured I'd see what the best apps are out there in your guys' opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few questions from someone who has never had a smartphone:

1. Is the iPhone 5 worth the extra money compared to the 4S? I want to cut costs wherever possible.

2. If I get a smartphone, I'm going to get the $30/mo. 2GB(?) data plan from Verizon. Is that enough memory?
Old 11-03-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post

1. Is the iPhone 5 worth the extra money compared to the 4S? I want to cut costs wherever possible.

2. If I get a smartphone, I'm going to get the $30/mo. 2GB(?) data plan from Verizon. Is that enough memory?
Not really. Its almost the same **** with minor tweaks here and there.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone has an iPad? What are some cool apps for it?

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I went with the 5, the software and the processor on the phone are better/faster. And if you have the LTE service in your area it will make it faster than hell. If not the 4S might be a better option.

Couldnt tell ya on the data plan, I have sprint and we get unlimited data, so I couldnt tell ya what is a lot and what isnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Oh man. The commercial told me artistic people use the S3 and it's totally true.

I know this because the two guys with the S3 were going to meet at the studio later.
I totally read artistic as "autistic". Same applies.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I totally read artistic as "autistic". Same applies.
Same here, and I haven't even noticed it until you just pointed it out right now.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I have the 4S and don't have any problems with it. You still get iOS 6 and the new panorama features. It wouldn't hurt to save $150 or so and get the 4S instead of the 5. Plus, the 5 is a lot easier to scratch if you aren't using a case anyways. If you have to have the faster processor then go with the 5 and if not then the 4S would do just fine in my opinion.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

worth it if you want 4G LTE. yeah I pay 30 for 2 from verizon seems enough, most i've used is 1 gb. I was in the same boat as you, I just got a smart phone in August.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

What navigation apps do you guys use? I'm current a Wazer but I'm curious to see if there is anything else out there worth checking out.

The Mapquest app is decent too.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What navigation apps do you guys use? I'm current a Wazer but I'm curious to see if there is anything else out there worth checking out.

The Mapquest app is decent too.
is it Waze? i don't see a wazer on there, i've only had a chance to use the new apple maps a few times, it worked alright for me.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah Waze. It's 10x better than the map app.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

There's no point of interest though. So I use localscope as my point of interest.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks pretty sweet.

what is todays #bbdsappoftheday?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
looks pretty sweet.

what is todays #bbdsappoftheday?
Glad you asked brother!

If you work with a lot of different vendors and have tons of business cards like I do, you'll love CamCard. I just take a picture of their business card, and it scans it and saves it in my list of contacts. No more cards. Now its all on my phone.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

holy ****, what will they think of next!

dled the lite version, going to try it out
Old 11-18-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

welp, for the first time since the iphone originally came out, i no longer have an iphone. ive moved on to the galaxy s3
TimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Should have got the iphone 5. It beat the S3 in all the speed tests, you get the reliable iOS which never gets buggy like the android platform, and a sharper display.

The s3 is good, but the iphone 5 pretty much beats it in all practical tests. Forget specs, the androids have always had better specs but always lose to the iphone in functional tests bc their software just doesn't work as well with the hardware as the iphone.

And the thing is the so big you need a generator to charge the thing.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
welp, for the first time since the iphone originally came out, i no longer have an iphone. ive moved on to the galaxy s3
I'll see you at the studio later.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote