Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what the deal is. I think guys just aren't playing well. Cruz is being blanketed by bracket coverages, Nicks is clearly not 100% and basically a decoy, and we haven't found a replacement for Mario yet. So teams can just key in on Cruz and essentially shut down our offense.

Guys need to step up. I think it should get better as Nicks plays more, he should recover in time for the playoffs (hopefully), and I hope that 3rd WR threat emerges by then.

The OL...it's gonna suck regardless. But hopefully we bench Diehl again bc the unit was clearly better when he wasn't playing. Brown needs more touches at RB.

There are solutions, but it's gonna take time.

Eli has been inaccurate too, don't know what that's about. Hopefully not a nagging injury he's hiding. Could just be bad mechanics.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think the team has just took their foot off of the pedal with the division lead they've opened up. As we get healthier, the division makes up some ground and the playoffs draw closer they'll kick it up again. I think we'll just scrape past the Bengals and then stomp the Packers after our bye and all will be well again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants never play better as a front runner anyway. Come December, 4th quarter, or playoff time that's the last team I'd worry about quite honestly. It's not a fashion show and I don't expect them to just be dominant en route to 14 wins or something, but every team has problems.

Atlanta hasn't lost but I don't think anyone is looking at them as an unbeatable team and they have shown weaknesses. Though with the way Chicago is playing defense and the roll Cutler & Marshall are on, they are my early favorites in the NFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pats have scored the most points, total, in the NFL so far. And that's including teams that haven't had a bye week yet. How are they 5-3?

Meanwhile the Colts (also 5-3) have a sizable negative points differential. Hmm.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Atlanta hasn't lost but I don't think anyone is looking at them as an unbeatable team and they have shown weaknesses. Though with the way Chicago is playing defense and the roll Cutler & Marshall are on, they are my early favorites in the NFC.
I can see how, from the outside looking in, the Bears might look like a top NFC team. But I don't think they are.

Turnovers are great, and we're great at forcing them, but they should never be relied upon. It's one thing to dominate low-middle class teams like the Lions, Cowboys, Jags and Titans by forcing a million turnovers. But once you get to January, the teams you face are generally better at protecting the football. We've seen plenty of instances where the team who leads the league in forcing turnovers gets to the playoffs and suddenly they can't anymore.

Also, the offense is totally Jekyl and Hyde. One drive, Cutler will be like 5/6 and Marshall will catch 4 passes and Forte will have two 10+ yard runs to set up a score.

Then the very next drive, Forte gets stuffed for no gain, Cutler gets sacked, and then they fail to convert on 3rd and long. It's a total boom or bust offense.

I would not be surprised in the least if we lose these next two games against more solid squads in the Texans and 49ers. They won't be handing us as many turnovers and their defenses will make our offense work a lot harder than the teams have during this 6 game win streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
The Pats have scored the most points, total, in the NFL so far. And that's including teams that haven't had a bye week yet. How are they 5-3?

Meanwhile the Colts (also 5-3) have a sizable negative points differential. Hmm.
When the Pats win, they seem to blow the other team out by a lot. When they lose, they lose by tiny margins. That is how that comes to be.

And the Colts are the opposite. Get blown out, or win by just a little.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The next 2 games are going to be huge for the Bears. Their schedule has been pretty much a joke so far, with no wins against winning teams other than the Colts (lol, I never would have expected to say that about the Colts this season).

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As BB said, weve lost all three games by a total of four points. We have trouble closing despite the fact that we can put up points. Once the 4th quarter comes around our offense stops picking up first downs and the defense goes into give it up like a drunk girl on promnight coverage. No blowout over the Rams should let anyone forget about how poor and unclutch this team has been in the 4th this year. second half adjustments used to be something BB and staff were praised for and I don't think were making the right ones this year (and sometimes including the previous few years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

something i wanted to ask our UK friends.

How did you like last weeks game, the big blowout? It looked like people didn't care once the score was so big. Seems like its more exciting for them when the score is close.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I can see how, from the outside looking in, the Bears might look like a top NFC team. But I don't think they are.

Turnovers are great, and we're great at forcing them, but they should never be relied upon. It's one thing to dominate low-middle class teams like the Lions, Cowboys, Jags and Titans by forcing a million turnovers. But once you get to January, the teams you face are generally better at protecting the football. We've seen plenty of instances where the team who leads the league in forcing turnovers gets to the playoffs and suddenly they can't anymore.

Also, the offense is totally Jekyl and Hyde. One drive, Cutler will be like 5/6 and Marshall will catch 4 passes and Forte will have two 10+ yard runs to set up a score.

Then the very next drive, Forte gets stuffed for no gain, Cutler gets sacked, and then they fail to convert on 3rd and long. It's a total boom or bust offense.

I would not be surprised in the least if we lose these next two games against more solid squads in the Texans and 49ers. They won't be handing us as many turnovers and their defenses will make our offense work a lot harder than the teams have during this 6 game win streak.

I don't think the Niners can hang if you receive the ball and get up early. I guess it's easier said then done, because their D is legit too, but they have to play completely different when behind and if you can get up 10 points or so, they play right into the strength of your defense.

I also don't think the turnover machine that is Peanut Tillman is fluky. He's so good at going after the ball, some of the plays he's made this year on the ball have been amazing. Usually when I say a CB has good ball skills I'm talking about tracking it in the air but he has a nose for the ball like no other. But none the less, you guys are doing exactly what you should be doing. Not losing to the likes of those teams, sure they may not be playoff teams, but when you get those guys on your schedule it's supposed to look like how it has vs most of them, dominance.

I will be keeping an eye on the SF game as it is likely a playoff matchup, but if you guys get good Cutler to show up I'd still take the Bears there.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Niners don't scare me as much as teams like the Packers, Giants, and Bears do. The NFC is damn stacked this year man.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants are just a prime example of this being a week-to-week league.

They were crowned at 6-2, and in a few weeks will be 6-6 or 7-5 and right in the thick of things. That's just the way this league works.

There's nothing wrong - they just aren't playing well.

It has been interesting league-wide to see the run defenses struggling when earlier in the season across the league run defenses were much more stout generally. Defenses are tiring maybe.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Blow everyone out except the 3 teams you lose to by 4 total ******* points. *shakes fist*
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the NFC, I'd keep an eye out for Detroit and Philly.

In fact, Philly is set up for a postseason run even if they don't win tonight. Their upcoming schedule is very favorable and they aren't far behind NYG, already beat them once, and play them in W17. I'd guess Philly will make the playoffs this year if not as a division winner, then as a 6-seed.

If I was making odds for the NFC playoffs and assumed the top-5 were in, for the 6 seed I'd ranking them:

Philly
Seattle
Detroit
Tampa
Dallas
New Orleans
Arizona
Minnesota
St. Louis
Carolina

9-7 will get you in and Carolina's not a HORRIBLE longshot if they can pull some upsets and only lose 1 down the stretch.

EDIT: I just looked at Detroit's schedule and they play the four best teams in the league. However, ATL and CHI in 16 and 17 might not be playing for anything. Worth noting.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
In the NFC, I'd keep an eye out for Detroit and Philly.

In fact, Philly is set up for a postseason run even if they don't win tonight. Their upcoming schedule is very favorable and they aren't far behind NYG, already beat them once, and play them in W17. I'd guess Philly will make the playoffs this year if not as a division winner, then as a 6-seed.

If I was making odds for the NFC playoffs and assumed the top-5 were in, for the 6 seed I'd ranking them:

Philly
Seattle
Detroit
Tampa
Dallas
New Orleans
Arizona
Minnesota
St. Louis
Carolina

9-7 will get you in and Carolina's not a HORRIBLE longshot if they can pull some upsets and only lose 1 down the stretch.

EDIT: I just looked at Detroit's schedule and they play the four best teams in the league. However, ATL and CHI in 16 and 17 might not be playing for anything. Worth noting.

Philly making the playoffs and they have had to answer who is their starting QB the last 3 weeks? Yea right...I guess anything could happen, but at the rate they turn the ball over, and the heat that is on everyone there, Vick isn't going to make it through the season as the QB and a rookie isn't going to lead them to the playoffs.

I like Seattle and Detroit there honestly for the last seed.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I take it that's a rhetorical question because we all know they completely mismanaged the clock and everything else up in Seattle and missed a chippy FG against Arizona. Could easily be 7-1.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I take it that's a rhetorical question because we all know they completely mismanaged the clock and everything else up in Seattle and missed a chippy FG against Arizona. Could easily be 7-1.
Well no, I didn't know, because I don't watch the Pats unless the Colts are playing them.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Philly making the playoffs and they have had to answer who is their starting QB the last 3 weeks? Yea right...I guess anything could happen, but at the rate they turn the ball over, and the heat that is on everyone there, Vick isn't going to make it through the season as the QB and a rookie isn't going to lead them to the playoffs.

Agree. Unless someone gets really hot in the second half i can see Seattle and Detroit at 9-7. Detroit would have the tiebreaker there so if your Seattle you probably would rather it come down to them and Dallas/Green Bay or Minnesota.

Somebody mentioned Carolina getting hot and being there at the end. Please.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be one of Seattle, Detroit, Dallas or Tampa. I'm thinking Detroit or Tampa.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I don't buy Vick's demise one bit. He's made a bunch of awful mistakes and played as inconsistent as ever so far this season.

This reminds me SO MUCH of when Vick first took Kolb's job and tore up the league.

The media feeds the public some narrative - that he's better than ever, Reid's developed him into some true star with improved accuracy in this offense - and that perception becomes reality.

When REALLY all he did was play Michael Vick football as well as he ever had in his career. He was playing well. That's it. Making reads, making good decisions, delivering good balls.

NOW, the converse is happening. Vick is simply PLAYING POORLY. The media tells you he has somehow CHANGED. He's regressed to the point of no return. The same offense he thrived in during year one - now it just doesn't fit him.

NOW, he DOESN'T have the capability anymore to play well in that offense. To me, that is full-blown BS. The media creating a storyline around a guy not playing well.

It comes down to him playing well, making reads, getting rid of the ball, and being more accurate. His receivers need to get open and the OL needs to run block better/OC call better timed runs because a one-dimensional offensive attack with Vick at QB is not a successful formula.

This season, he's struggled. But he absolutely can pull himself up out of this slump. And if he does, Philly is right back in it.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions have the following games left on their schedule:

Green Bay (twice)
Chicago
Houston
Atlanta
@Minnesota
Indy
@Arizona

If they can make it out of those 8 games with only 3 losses, I'd be surprised. Especially considering that they aren't good at playing football.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Conversely, can Seattle find four wins out of this schedule?

New York Jets
@Miami
@Chicago
Arizona
@Buffalo
San Francisco
St. Louis

They are clearly the favorites.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The Lions have the following games left on their schedule:

Green Bay (twice)
Chicago
Houston
Atlanta
@Minnesota
Indy
@Arizona

If they can make it out of those 8 games with only 3 losses, I'd be surprised. Especially considering that they aren't good at playing football.
I think the second part of your argument (a detraction of their ability/coaching) is better than the 3/8 argument.

The last two weeks are ATL and CHI and both might be locked up by then.

Houston's gonna lose a couple (overrated anyway), and Green Bay can be beaten.

The bottom line is that they need to get hot. Starting with Stafford. The thing is - he's playing pretty damn well right now...
Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

They are? Because they beat Jacksonville? Their best win was against Seattle, at home, by four points.

Old 11-05-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy crap was Gary Gibbs just named the new DC in KC?
"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
They are? Because they beat Jacksonville? Their best win was against Seattle, at home, by four points.
HE is. Stafford. Stafford lit up Seattle's excellent secondary. Maybe that game boosted his confidence, Jacksonville helped move him along (he was brilliant yesterday too), and he'll carry that momentum going forward.

He started the season like a shell of his 2011-self. I think it's likely that he plays like he did in the past two weeks going forward. We'll see.

I hope you are right about Seattle.

But I even put Seattle over Detroit in my likeliness of No. 6 rankings. I had PHILLY above them both. Again, hope I'm way off.

Also, looking at all those schedules it has become clear to me that 9-7 WILL get you in and that 8-8 actually might too...

This season the HAVES have separated themselves from the MIDDLE CLASS and the HAVE-NOTS are just as obvious...