Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-05-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
coltDraftnik
Rookie

coltDraftnik is a cocksman.coltDraftnik is a cocksman.coltDraftnik is a cocksman.coltDraftnik is a cocksman.
Default Bama vs LSU - Who Stood Out?

With so many top picks playing vs each other, I definately caught this game. It was a fantastic game. I noticed that the vaunted Bama O-line had no push at all against the Tigers. Chance Warmack and Barrett Jone were non-factors. The big surprise was that D.J. Fluker held up really well in pass protection.

On Defense, Dee Milliner had trouble tackling and made zero impact. C.J. Mosely was useless because Alabama shields him from power formations. He rarely saw the field, and he is supposed to go in the first round. The biggest disappointment were the hyped up OLB of LSU. Barkevious Mingo and Sam Montgomery didn't cause any pressure at all. My Colts just switched to a 3-4 and I would much rather have Damontre Moore than either Montgomery or Mingo. I feel sorry for the fans whose team takes them in the upper first round.

When the best play the best, the prospect that stood out the most was Eric Reid. He was like superman out there. He was in on a ton of plays. He is a hammer with speed and good instincts. I'd Love for him to play as a colt next to Antoine Bethea.
coltDraftnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T.J. Yeldon looks like the real deal. I don't think anyone really stood out that much because it's top 40 players going against top 40 players. So they cant beat up on lesser talent.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
T.J. Yeldon looks like the real deal. I don't think anyone really stood out that much because it's top 40 players going against top 40 players. So they cant beat up on lesser talent.
Yeldon looks like he may become the real deal. A clear difference. There's nothing to say he won't become a superstar, but his mere inclusion shouldn't be automated articles.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric Reid needs to be an Eagle.

And yes, Yeldon is and will be the real deal. I like him more than any of the previous few RB's to be honest. I just like his style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:01 AM    (permalink
duesouth
Rookie

duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duesouth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse Williams had a really good game - limited athletically outside of a phone booth - but was dominant inside. Seems to be working out how to use his hands - certainly played better than when I saw him earlier in the year.

Impressed with Barrett Jones more than Warmack who was too upright in pass protection. Jones looks more flexible and has transitioned to C very well. But as the original post pointed out - Fluker was the surprise, thought Mingo's speed would give him fits - but he held up really well.

As for Mingo - thought he might fly off the edge more than against Texas A&M when he was worried about Manziel taking off - but he didn't. Tried to get onto Fluker's chest plate and work from there, but that was never going to be the way forward. He's clearly athletic - but not sure why he doesn't line up wide and just attack the edge... Production is a major concern - should be a workout warrior but I'd worry about taking him super high.

Same for Sam Montgomery - not as quick twitch as Mingo - but consistently gets his hands on the tackles chest plate but isn't strong enough to do anything with the advantage. Would love to see him come back for his senior year and get stronger - does have potential with his frame, but although he had a sack I am left wanting more from him.
duesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:32 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Certainly not A.J. McCarron.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mettenberger was spot on. Looked very accurate and poised.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no particular order.

Kuandijo
Warmack
Jones
Steen
Fluker
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Eric Reid on the Cowboys secondary so bad, been my dream pick for a long time now. Such a great mix of athleticism, smarts, and pedigree. Not sure why some people don't see him as a lock 1st round pick but there is no way he makes it to the 2nd IMO. It actually looks like we should be in prime position to get him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote