Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gainst-texans/

Attn: NFL Players

Your sport has a longer offseason than it does playing season. Aim to have your children during that you morons. Thank you.

And I apologize to all of you accident babies out there, I know it happens, but in this day and age, especially amongst extremely wealthy NFL players, there is no excuse.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post

Your sport has a longer offseason than it does playing season. Aim to have your children during that you morons. Thank you.

And I apologize to all of you accident babies out there, I know it happens, but in this day and age, especially amongst extremely wealthy NFL players, there is no excuse.
NFL Players should really have a checklist of things before they have sex: Will she get preggo during the season? Would she gut me for child support? How many known children do i already have?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
NFL Players should really have a checklist of things before they have sex: Will she get preggo during the season? Would she gut me for child support? How many known children do i already have?
How many of those children do I acknowledge? What's my success rate in previous paternity cases? Should I hire a better lawyer? Since I've already spent tens of thousands of dollars at the club, isn't it just more fitting for me to keep making ******** decisions?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why don't they just plan the birth date. People do it all the time. Just schedule to have a C-Section or get induced on some random Tuesday or Wednesday around the due date. You might miss a practice but at least not a game.

Edit: So it seems like he knocked up his wife on or around Valentine's Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha ha! You get to watch the Chiefs in primetime again. Should be good.. for the Steelers. Haley is gunna put 60 on us. Over/Under 5 turnovers for KC?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bye weeks are boring as f but this one is needed for the health of the team, as it always seems to be. Injuriez. Im looking ahead to the Giants game on the 25th, even if we do have the Lions in Detroit coming off the bye.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Why don't they just plan the birth date. People do it all the time. Just schedule to have a C-Section or get induced on some random Tuesday or Wednesday around the due date. You might miss a practice but at least not a game.
I know a lot of people who aren't all about have unnecessary surgeries and scarring if they don't have to. My parents wanted to go for a 3rd child but my mom said no way after my brother was a c-section. Things have probably improved since the early 90s, but still.

Just look ahead 9 months, and if that time is at any point during the NFL season, don't try for a child. Simple as that.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

As a parent, there is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
As a parent, there is so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin...
Yeah I think that is a pretty ridiculous stance to take too, haha. There are more important things out there than football, and your desire to start a family and be there at the birth of your children is definitely one of them.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

It's not the children-having that I have the issue with. It's the timing. Why is it so difficult to say "hey, let's wait to try for another child so that it can be born during the offseason."

There have just been a rash of players recently at risk of missing games for that reason. It's not like this is a surprise baby with a random hook up for Tillman. It's his wife with whom he already has a kid.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But it doesn't have to be an either/or thing. You can be there at the birth of your child and spend a lot more time with it off the bat if it's born in the spring than in the heart of the season. With money and modern medicine it shouldn't be that hard.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eli and his wife planned on having their child in the offseason so it wouldn't conflict with the NFL season.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Eli and his wife planned on having their child in the offseason so it wouldn't conflict with the NFL season.
That's cause Eli is clutch.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
But it doesn't have to be an either/or thing. You can be there at the birth of your child and spend a lot more time with it off the bat if it's born in the spring than in the heart of the season. With money and modern medicine it shouldn't be that hard.
Boom. Hence my "in this day and age" comment in the initial post. A well-off family has no excuse for having kids on anything but the terms it plans out.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But the timing DOES matter for kids. You don't want your kids to be too far apart in age and depending on how many you want to have, this is important. I don't know Tillman's circumstances but its plausible that before the season would have been too soon but after the season would cause the kids to be further apart than they might want, especially if they want more than just two. I understand you don't want him to miss any games but there could be a lot more family dynamics in play here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I realize reading back over my posts that I'm sounding way more intense than I mean to. I'm just pissy Tillman might miss a big game and this coincides with several other players having said the same thing recently (Hernandez and Kolb iirc.)
Old 11-07-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not the children-having that I have the issue with. It's the timing. Why is it so difficult to say "hey, let's wait to try for another child so that it can be born during the offseason."

There have just been a rash of players recently at risk of missing games for that reason. It's not like this is a surprise baby with a random hook up for Tillman. It's his wife with whom he already has a kid.
They should just have sex using condoms during the off season and not use them during the season, so if they have kids, they will be due in the off season.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
But the timing DOES matter for kids. You don't want your kids to be too far apart in age and depending on how many you want to have, this is important. I don't know Tillman's circumstances but its plausible that before the season would have been too soon but after the season would cause the kids to be further apart than they might want, especially if they want more than just two. I understand you don't want him to miss any games but there could be a lot more family dynamics in play here.
A couple of months difference isn't going to be a huge deal in the child age gap. I know we are coming from vastly different perspectives on this, but NFL players have 6 months of the year where they can have a child and miss nothing of significance.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe we are talking about this, on here.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I can't believe we are talking about this, on here.
It blew up bigger than what I was expecting, ha...
Old 11-07-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is my first foray back into the NFLDC world since the storm. I'll gladly talk about ANYTHING on here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Meh, having it now vs. 6 ish months from now could be the difference in being 2 or 3 years apart in terms of their schooling.

At the end of the day, as JR mentioned about, this does appear to be a Valentine's day baby so its extremely plausible that this wasn't a planned pregnancy at all. In terms of NFL players having their first planned child, I actually mostly agree with you and think following the Eli path is something NFL players probably should strive for. However, after that first baby, there are too many factors, imo, that need to be taken into account to definitively state they should never have a baby in-season. For all we know, Tillman tried to plan the baby for around the bye week and they just failed to conceive in January but since they made the decision it was time for their next, they tried again and succeeded in February.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-07-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda agree with BeerBaron here. It happens in all different types of jobs, not just with high profile athletes.

Say for instance, I am a female in a high powered job and we are working towards a bid for a major client within the next year. It's my job to pitch the product. You can bet your ass I am going to make sure I don't get pregnant within that time.

Unplanned pregnancies happen all the time, even with happily married people. Often times they are a blessing, however it is not a ridiculous thing to hope your players take any precaution to ensure it doesn't interfere with their jobs.

Hypothetically, if Matt Ryan got his wife/girlfriend pregnant in April and the Falcons reach the Superbowl. It is possible his child could be born on the day of the Superbowl. What would be worse (from a human perspective, not as a Falcons fan)? Missing the Superbowl or missing the birth of your child?

Family takes precedent but it is not out of line for the Falcons to be pissed at him for not planning properly

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah I think that is a pretty ridiculous stance to take too, haha. There are more important things out there than football, and your desire to start a family and be there at the birth of your children is definitely one of them.
Couldnt agree more. I know this is a football site, but come on the birth of your child is far more meaningful and important than a professional football game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Couldnt agree more. I know this is a football site, but come on the birth of your child is far more meaningful and important than a professional football game.
Again, it's not the child-having that I have a problem with. Have as many kids as you want. Just aim to have them between March and August when you're an NFL player.