Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
richdg
Veteran

richdg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My point is, they are signing "camp" players , when we should be focused on our starters. Yes, if he gets cut in camp, it doesn't effect our cap. Other than any bonus money. Wilson, Mahan, Tuman, Okabi, Simmons, Clark, Eason, Hoke, and Townsend combine for a ton of money, about 16 million. None of these guys are good NFL starting players. Would you rather have that group or the group of Faneca, Ben, Troy, A. Smith, and Porter?
richdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

Again, we're stocking up with other teams rejects because of the poor production of our recent mid to late round drafts. I hope we do better this draft.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richdg View Post
My point is, they are signing "camp" players , when we should be focused on our starters. Yes, if he gets cut in camp, it doesn't effect our cap. Other than any bonus money. Wilson, Mahan, Tuman, Okabi, Simmons, Clark, Eason, Hoke, and Townsend combine for a ton of money, about 16 million. None of these guys are good NFL starting players. Would you rather have that group or the group of Faneca, Ben, Troy, A. Smith, and Porter?
I beg to differ on Okobi, Townsend and Hoke.

Wilson we could cut for Hill, Mahan could be a solid RG (Better than Simmons so improvement there), Tuman I'd drop for Pudewell, Simmons was still a valid part of a superbowl team.

Okobi in limited chances has shown potential and last season The oline IMO Played better with Okobi in over Hartings.

Townsend is an expensive vet, but if he's such a bad player and the likes, he wouldn't have won a starting spot for the last how many years..

And don't forget Hoke, albeit not Casey Hampton good, was a solid reason why we went 15-1 Bens rookie season. He's not near the run stuffer Big Snack is, but he did a damn good job.

I agree with your assessment of the aging veterans, I'd like to get rid of Okobi, Tuman, Wilson and Simmons(Last year on contract). Which is what I think the new regime will do... Drafting a day 1 WR this year means the days are numbered for Wilson... a TE period could spell imminent departure for Tuman.. and With Simmons/Mahan competing for Center... Okobi hasn't been asked to restructure.. so he's likely gone.

Nick Eason has potential to be damn good, it's just a matter of the light going on and us using him right. He's a much better 3-4 DE than Rodney Bailey. I think this is just a safety signing in case we don't get a 3-4 DE we like.

As much as people are worried about Faneca/Ben/Troy, we have the money to sign them.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote