Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 11-06-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Yes, but we will have somebody who is not Aaron Williams starting at corner this week, so that has to be an improvement, right?

In a Bills-Pats game, there are probably 6 playable guys on either team.
I'm trying to trade f jax for spilled right now.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
So...

Andrew Luck vs Jacksonville or Eli vs Cinci?

I'm really thinking about starting Luck, but I'm hesitant because teams usually look sluggish on Thursday night.
Eli had two tough matchups and Luck had two easier matchups. I'd stick with Eli. He has the better matchup of the two this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm going luck in my one league. Over Stafford too. I like the matchup. Here's my big thing:

With Harvin hurt, I'm going this week with Decker, Britt and DHB at WR's (meh). I'm benching LeShoure because I've got Doug Martin and Raymell Baby, with Gronk and Graham (one taking up the flex). Do I look to deal Leshoure for a WR? Like perhaps a Lloyd? So my WR's can be filthy with Lloyd, Decker and Harvin when he's back? Or do I keep Leshoure for depth, insurance and matchups?

I also have Cecil Shorts and Sidney Rice on the bench if that makes any difference
I'm not sure I'd consider any WR lineup with Lloyd to be filthy, tbh. He's been wildly inconsistent stat lines and drops. LeShoure is a clear cut #1 option on his team. Aside from really bad matchups, he's a RB2 at worst. I'd look for more than that for him.

Honestly, this week I'd consider rolling the dice with Shorts. Indy has made a lot of bad offenses look tremendous this year. DHB is coming on but has a bad matchup and no real rushing attack to keep the Ravens honest. Britt . . . well, he's no more reliable than Shorts, at this point. Toss up on any of them, which probably means the best bet is trying to upgrade. DHB or Shorts + LeShoure for a more reliable WR, if you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I'm trying to make a trade for a RB that will get healthy around the playoffs to help me make that final push.

I'm trading Malcom Floyd since I don't need him anyway, who's the better trade option? Darren McFadden or Darren Sproles?
Sproles. McFadden does not have a good history when it comes to playing through pain. Sproles is already saying he'll play in two weeks.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
Alright I was offered a trade, I would receive Alfred Morris and would be sending Vincent Jackson. Should I take this? Here are my other players.

RB: R. Bush,R. Mathews,C.J. Spiller,L. Stephens-howling,B. Tate, and Ballard (I'm about to drop him for Tannehill since Rodgers is on a bye)

WR:R. Wayne,V. Jackson, B. Marshall, Stevie Johnson and G. Jennings.

non-ppr
It's a good trade if both teams have a hole to fill. How many of the WRs do you start? If it's two, take the RB depth. If you have to start 3 then I don't see how adding a RB equal to those you have helps since it opens a big hole in your WR3 spot with Johnson and Jennings doing little.

Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As of right now pick 3

2WR and a Flex

F Jax vs NE
D Jax vs Dallas
Lloyd vs NE
Hartline vs Tenn
Nicks vs Cincy
Kerley vs Seatle
Old 11-06-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
As of right now pick 3

2WR and a Flex

F Jax vs NE
D Jax vs Dallas
Lloyd vs NE
Hartline vs Tenn
Nicks vs Cincy
Kerley vs Seatle
I think the "swing for the fences" start is DeSean. Lloyd is a boom/bust start but he definitely has a great matchup. Fred is not a good start against NE, even with his involvement in the passing game.

I'd rank them: DeSean Jackson --> Brandon Lloyd --> Everyone else.

I'd start Nicks if he has a really good week and seems ready to go. Hartline is just too inconsistent, even with a nice matchup.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A-Rod on the bye. What's my best option at QB?

8 Man league. I picked up Fitzpatrick. I also considered Palmer.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

If Palmer hasn't proven himself as a bye week fill in to you guys he never will.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Palmer hasn't proven himself as a bye week fill in to you guys he never will.
He's fine but Fitz has a nice match-up against NE's swiss cheese secondary. I do recognize Fitz sucks but I do have Spiller.

Also as an 8 team league Joe Flacco and Philip Rivers with nice matchups are available. What's your take?

Bone Krusher, the best

Last edited by Malaka : 11-06-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fitz has been over 300 yards in his last 3 games against the Pats (over 350 in two of them) and has 3 or more touchdowns in half of his games this year. Probably not a bad play, even if he does suck. His best fantasy game of the season, so far, was against New England (350 yards, 4 TD, 4 INT)

He's laid three eggs this season (all within his past four games), but those came against the #2,3,4 ranked pass defenses. Of course, the only game he put up points in was against the absolutely atrocious Titans defense, so whichever way you want to look at it. I will say, he has not been terrible in the past couple of games. He's worth playing if you need a fill-in. Just be prepared for him to throw four interceptions, as he has done in each of the last two meetings with the Patriots.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Thoughts on Marcel Reece going forward?
Old 11-07-2012, 12:54 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post

Fitz is the best play. Rivers would be my second choice, though it's close enough that either is fine. Palmer is slinging it like crazy but the matchup isn't great. Baltimore is good against the pass and bad against the run.

Quote:
Thoughts on Marcel Reece going forward?
He's a good bye week player and maybe more until McFadden/Goodson return. He's a great play in ppr.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Exclamation Thoughts, Please . . .

Flex spot in a league with 0.5 PPR, choose one:

Brian Hartline vs. Tennessee

Vick Ballard @ Jacksonville

Danny Amendola @ San Francisco

Old 11-07-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Flex spot in a league with 0.5 PPR, choose one:

Brian Hartline vs. Tennessee

Vick Ballard @ Jacksonville

Danny Amendola @ San Francisco
Hartline vs Tenn is too enticing for me he's my WR 2 this week. And I think in going to start Reece as my flex since I'm PPR.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Hartline vs Tenn is too enticing for me he's my WR 2 this week. And I think in going to start Reece as my flex since I'm PPR.
I had Hartline in but with Donald Brown not practicing it seems like he'll be out for the Thursday night game and the Jags are terrible at stopping the run. Hartline is such a wildcard . . .

All of this because my boy Percy is banged up.

Old 11-07-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

From Roto: Vick Ballard is shaping up as a top-25 fantasy option against a Jaguars defense that has allowed the fourth-most fantasy points to opposing backs. Ballard is 19th in fantasy points per game over the past three weeks.

Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick 1 Non PPR

Mikel Leshoure @ Min
Ryan Mathews @ TB
Jonathan Stewart vs Den
Torrey Smith vs Oak

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I get Emmanuel Sanders on waivers, pick two WRs.

Sanders vs KC
Harvin vs Detroit (if he plays, it's a for sure bet he's gonna be in my lineup)
Maclin vs Dallas
Lance Moore vs ATL
Ryan Broyles vs Minnesota

1 point PPR.

Now is the bad time to be getting hurt and on byes in this league.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 1 Non PPR

Mikel Leshoure @ Min
Ryan Mathews @ TB
Jonathan Stewart vs Den
Torrey Smith vs Oak
Leshoure.(10c)
Old 11-07-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have: Ray Rice, Alfred Morris, Shonn Greene and Stevan Ridley... my QBs are Vick and Bradford. I was offered a trade to give Greene and Morris for Drew Brees... should I take it?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pick 1 Non PPR

Mikel Leshoure @ Min
Ryan Mathews @ TB
Jonathan Stewart vs Den
Torrey Smith vs Oak
Has to be either Leshoure or Mathews. Both have nice matchups. I've been banging the drum for Leshoure all season . . . so Leshoure. :)

Old 11-07-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
If I get Emmanuel Sanders on waivers, pick two WRs.

Sanders vs KC
Harvin vs Detroit (if he plays, it's a for sure bet he's gonna be in my lineup)
Maclin vs Dallas
Lance Moore vs ATL
Ryan Broyles vs Minnesota

1 point PPR.

Now is the bad time to be getting hurt and on byes in this league.
Tough to play Maclin with how bad they've been all season. I'd go Moore and Sanders. Harvin instead of Sanders, probably. The Saints have to throw too much to sit any of their receivers. Pitt could be killing KC by halftime and not throw much after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
I have: Ray Rice, Alfred Morris, Shonn Greene and Stevan Ridley... my QBs are Vick and Bradford. I was offered a trade to give Greene and Morris for Drew Brees... should I take it?
Great horny toads, son! Accept!

Then make sure you get your handcuffs, asap.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Traded Owen Daniels for Hakeem Nicks straight up. Daniels has been a flex player for me for awhile(got him in FA) as Gronk is my starting TE. Thoughts?

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to decide who to start this week for WR, my RBs are all on bye so I need some good production out of them.

Desean at Dal
Dez at Phi
Torrey Smith at Oak
Nicks at Cin

Also due to not having any viable options at running back, should I pick up Jacquizz rodgers and hope he vultures a TD away from Turner or something? My only other options are Sjax, and Hillis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Traded Owen Daniels for Hakeem Nicks straight up. Daniels has been a flex player for me for awhile(got him in FA) as Gronk is my starting TE. Thoughts?
Daniels has been good but his upcoming schedule is terrible. He's making plays off play action so the tough schedule may not matter, but it's still awful.

I like the move for a big upside WR. It's risky, but Cruz is taking all the attention right now and there's plenty of room for Nicks to go off. Assuming, of course, he can get and stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Trying to decide who to start this week for WR, my RBs are all on bye so I need some good production out of them.

Desean at Dal
Dez at Phi
Torrey Smith at Oak
Nicks at Cin

Also due to not having any viable options at running back, should I pick up Jacquizz rodgers and hope he vultures a TD away from Turner or something? My only other options are Sjax, and Hillis.
There's no clear choice based on matchups for those WRs and they're all pretty even as far as consistency. I'd lean Torrey and Dez but any combination you like is fine. Desean is the home run play if you have a group of solid producers on your team, start him.

Yes, add Rodgers. I wouldn't want anything to do with Jackson vs. SF. Hillis is garbage and has a terrible matchup.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick a RB and a Flex option (1 PPR)

Marcel Reece @ Baltimore
Felix Jones @ Philadelphia
Lance Moore vs Atlanta
Sidney Rice vs NYJ
Daniel Thomas vs Tennessee

Thanks guys.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote