Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
However, before any of that happens, I would demote Garrett back to the OC since he's one of those guys who sucks as an HC but is damn good as an OC.
I thought everyone agreed Garrett was a terrible OC.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Garrett is a terrible everything. His use of timeouts makes Lovie Smith look like Einstein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I've said in the team thread a few times, what I would do is draft a 1st round QB this up coming draft. A SB isn't happening, I'm sure Jerry thinks it could but it's not going to happen, and for as bad as our line needs a premium G/C prospect I remember how long it took to find a Tony Romo since Aikman, so I'd prefer to not put all our eggs into that basket and ride it into the ground.

Give yourself some options long term. Let Tony play out 2013 completely on his 1 year deal, and develop your 1st round QB. There is no content from Romo at that point, the next 4-5 turnover game everyone will want the rook to get in, and he knows he'll be playing for a contract still, we would probably get one of his best seasons if those were the situations IMO.

Then if he really does have a great 2013, sure, sign him for another small deal, I've never had a problem taking a QB in the 1st and sitting him for 2-3 years or whatever you need to do, and you can transition easier. Outside of that, turnovers or not, it's not easy to upgrade from a guy like Romo, so you have to keep him in place unless you have a contingency plan. There is just no way you can get rid of him all together and not be completely sure about your next option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
But other than just names on paper what have they done? The last time they had a defense that finished better than 15th in points allowed was 2009. The defense isn't that intimidating, or rather, they don't make huge plays when they need to a lot of the time.

This is the first year the defense has been really good, so I don't see how the finishes in years past has anything to do with now and going forward. They aren't just names on paper either, there is a great young core to build around of studs on D. The only thing we lack on defense is Safeties, and while we need two I'd say that's hardly a huge concern.

We have 2 really good CB's in Carr & Claiborne and a solid slot CB in Scandrick, two stud ILB's with Lee and Bruce Carter, not sure how long Ware plays at a high level but I'd have to count him for now, and up front when Ratliff missed all those games Josh Brent Ratliff who we got out of the supplemental draft stepped in as a prototype 3-4 NT and we didn't miss a beat. We don't have any world beaters at DE but we have some good players.

Considering how often the offense turns the ball over every week, and what type of position the defense gets put in on a week to week basis, they have played great. It's harder to play defense when you have an offense that puts you in bad spots all game long. Now don't mistake that as me saying we are one of the best D's in the league right now, but in terms of fixing the mess of this team, defense is literally at the back end of things.

Wade did a great job here with the D considering what he always had to work with in the secondary, but since we patched up the CB position it's been completely different.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Eazy Picks
Veteran

Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eazy Picks is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea Id keep him. He is not a great QB, but he is a good one. Id fire Garrett as HC, shore up the interior OL, shore up the defense (S and DL), and this could be a great team.
Eazy Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd re-sign him, but try to avoid committing for more than three years or so.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
As I've said in the team thread a few times, what I would do is draft a 1st round QB this up coming draft. A SB isn't happening, I'm sure Jerry thinks it could but it's not going to happen, and for as bad as our line needs a premium G/C prospect I remember how long it took to find a Tony Romo since Aikman, so I'd prefer to not put all our eggs into that basket and ride it into the ground.

Give yourself some options long term. Let Tony play out 2013 completely on his 1 year deal, and develop your 1st round QB. There is no content from Romo at that point, the next 4-5 turnover game everyone will want the rook to get in, and he knows he'll be playing for a contract still, we would probably get one of his best seasons if those were the situations IMO.

Then if he really does have a great 2013, sure, sign him for another small deal, I've never had a problem taking a QB in the 1st and sitting him for 2-3 years or whatever you need to do, and you can transition easier. Outside of that, turnovers or not, it's not easy to upgrade from a guy like Romo, so you have to keep him in place unless you have a contingency plan. There is just no way you can get rid of him all together and not be completely sure about your next option.
Or you just do what the Colts did and make sure that without your QB your team shits the bed so completely that you get the first overall pick.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If Romo falls off a cliff, then you've got a much easier time trading up for a franchise guy. Meanwhile you try and squeeze a playoff run out of all that talent.
As far as all that talent goes there is a reason they're losing so much. Personally i'd probably go with a veteran free agent and draft a QB that they can build around.

Just curious but is there some sort of clock that goes off around here when we haven't talked Tony Romo or the Dallas Cowboys for awhile. An Alex Smith thread can't be far behind.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
As far as all that talent goes there is a reason they're losing so much. Personally i'd probably go with a veteran free agent and draft a QB that they can build around.

Just curious but is there some sort of clock that goes off around here when we haven't talked Tony Romo or the Dallas Cowboys for awhile. An Alex Smith thread can't be far behind.
Haha. When I saw this thread I thought... which Cowboys troll has made their way back to the forum this time... then I saw it was made by BB and thought, "cool!". lol

Dallas has been so close many times this year already... Without DeMarco Murray, we are a completely different team on offense. Makes me think that improving the depth will be critical this offseason. Murray fell in the draft due to durability concerns and sure enough, that has been the case with him. Great when healthy, but completely unreliable.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
mdmgrand
Rookie

mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mdmgrand is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't see the Cowboys using a premium draft pick on a QB. This team does not have the patience required to do that. They will always try to get a guy who can make an immediate impact right away.

If Romo has a great season next year get him signed on a three year deal. If he doesn't have a great season, franchise him and draft a QB in the first or second round. This way the QB of the future is set allowing Romo to play out the Franchise Tag year and only get an small extension if he's Top 5.
mdmgrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah let him walk.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

They're losing so much because the offense is leaving the defense out to hang, that's because their offense is sloppy, that's Dez, that's Romo, that's the OL and the play calling. They're sloppy, a coach that can do something about that would make this talent look completely different. They still need better depth, a better OL and some safeties, but there's plenty of talent in their starting lineup.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmgrand View Post
I just don't see the Cowboys using a premium draft pick on a QB. This team does not have the patience required to do that. They will always try to get a guy who can make an immediate impact right away.

If Romo has a great season next year get him signed on a three year deal. If he doesn't have a great season, franchise him and draft a QB in the first or second round. This way the QB of the future is set allowing Romo to play out the Franchise Tag year and only get an small extension if he's Top 5.
I think there is enough evidence out there that shows you can win with young QBs especially if you surround them with talent. (Russell Wilson)

Dallas needs to clear the air down there and get a fresh new look.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think there is enough evidence out there that shows you can win with young QBs especially if you surround them with talent. (Russell Wilson)

Dallas needs to clear the air down there and get a fresh new look.
Young QBs can definitely step in and be successful. That's why I don't think Dallas needs to rush to get a QB in Round 1 this year. Fix that OL and get another RB.

I would take a RT in Round 1 and address interior OL through FA.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I call Tony into my office and sit him down. I pull out a to-go bag of Carl's Junior and a soda, and set it in front of him on my desk. "Eat." I tell him. As he unwraps his burger, I stand up from behind my desk and walk over to the window. I stand there silently for a moment. I turn back to him, and he's looking at me quizzically as he chews. I throw my hands up in the air.

"What the ****, Tony?"

And then depending on how he responds, I decide how to approach the contract situation.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Resign him to a 3 year contract and build that interior OL. If somehow a good QB prospect is available consider drafting him and grooming him behind Romo to step in.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
I call Tony into my office and sit him down. I pull out a to-go bag of Carl's Junior and a soda, and set it in front of him on my desk. "Eat." I tell him. As he unwraps his burger, I stand up from behind my desk and walk over to the window. I stand there silently for a moment. I turn back to him, and he's looking at me quizzically as he chews. I throw my hands up in the air.

"What the ****, Tony?"

And then depending on how he responds, I decide how to approach the contract situation.
A wide eyed Tony gives Jerry a side look towards the window and finishes his chew before saying, "You gotta get Garrett off playcalling." *shaking his head side to side* "We're too far apart in our thinking of what needs to be done on the field."
Old 11-07-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony has proven he has the ability to have big games behind some terrible lines. He also has proven he tries to do way too much if 4 man rushes get interior pressure.

The solution isn't to get a new QB to get killed behind our line. It's to fix our offensive line. Resign him, fix the interior line (and Doug Free) through the draft and free agency. Get healthy. When Murray was healthy we had a running back capable of forcing teams from playing super deep. Again the line was atrocious at times and he'll need help getting some openings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A wide eyed Tony gives Jerry a side look towards the window and finishes his chew before saying, "You gotta get Garrett off playcalling." *shaking his head side to side* "We're too far apart in our thinking of what needs to be done on the field."
Yes.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing is, though - he is getting older. Think you might go the route the Patriots went with Ryan Mallet and draft a high-upside guy in the middle rounds just to have someone you're developing. Glennon might be a good pick. Think his skills complement the other players they have there nicely. But it doesn't make Tony Romo feel like someone's just waiting for him to screw up so that they can take his job, like he would with a first rounder, even if they were drafting somebody to "let him learn." Think we basically are learning that's not how it happens anymore. So I don't think it's in Dallas' best interests to spend a first-round pick on a QB in the next year or two; I think you do let Tony play out his career until he clearly cannot play, and then you make a decision. The contract concerns are valid, but ultimately you're talking about paying your franchise QB franchise QB money for two or three more years before you move on, and everyone understands that's the way it works. When Tony Romo's 35, 36 he knows his team is looking at the future. But I'm not sure it's wise for Dallas to try and revamp right now. He's not done yet. As others have mentioned, I think maybe over the next season or two you really dedicate to revamping that offensive line. It wouldn't be nearly as big of a move, but I wonder if a better personnel move would be admitting Felix Jones was a big ol' bust and drafting a real running back. DeMarco Murray's a nice player when he's healthy, but he hasn't been and that history goes back to his college days.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Garrett was a good OC under Phillips. Cowboys offense in 2007 was excellent. Once he became the HC, he became crap. Demote his ass to the OC with a guy like Cowher as the HC and he'll get back to being good.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A holdout isn't a huge deal for a guy that has been in the system for so long (assuming Garrett is still around, anyway) and actually helps a newly drafted QB by getting him all the practice reps and preseason action. Then when Tony returns for the start of the season (which he will for 11+M) you play him and have a better idea what the young QB has going for him. Franchise tag as needed in 2014.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Garrett was a good OC under Phillips. Cowboys offense in 2007 was excellent. Once he became the HC, he became crap. Demote his ass to the OC with a guy like Cowher as the HC and he'll get back to being good.
How often has a Head Coach been demoted to coordinator on the same team? I'm not asking to be a **** just honestly don't seem to remember that happening. It's just not that easy, everyone said do that for Wade too. You don't just take a guy who it's "his team" then demote him down to coordinator.

Besides, he's not really a great coordinator. His scheme is fine, but the play-calling, situational play-calling, is all average at best. Kinda like how we wait until we are down 21 points with 5 minutes left to run the no huddle for the first time all game, and like a lot of QB's Romo gets hot, in a rhythm, the defense is gassed, can't pass rush, and we score quickly.

Yet every week, you only see us in it when we HAVE to. How much common sense do you need to understand to mix it in more often? I just hate when the OC or HC makes silly decisions that are easy to point out.

Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade Romo for anything higher than a 3rd to Chiefs/Jets/Jags/49ers. Most of those teams are contenders with Romo. It's time for the Boys to move on.

3 different coaches, same issues. One constant(besides Jerry)

FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't extend him. Like you said you have the tag, if he has some dominant break through year and puts it together, tag him and then pay him.

Basically if it was me he'd have the next year and a half to prove to me he can win a title. If not, I'd move on. Might be in position to get a good one picked this year as well if they keep up this losing.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:26 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How often has a Head Coach been demoted to coordinator on the same team? I'm not asking to be a **** just honestly don't seem to remember that happening. It's just not that easy, everyone said do that for Wade too. You don't just take a guy who it's "his team" then demote him down to coordinator.

Besides, he's not really a great coordinator. His scheme is fine, but the play-calling, situational play-calling, is all average at best. Kinda like how we wait until we are down 21 points with 5 minutes left to run the no huddle for the first time all game, and like a lot of QB's Romo gets hot, in a rhythm, the defense is gassed, can't pass rush, and we score quickly.

Yet every week, you only see us in it when we HAVE to. How much common sense do you need to understand to mix it in more often? I just hate when the OC or HC makes silly decisions that are easy to point out.
I dont think thats ever happened but I dont see Garrett being as valuable anywhere else as he is in Dallas especially with Romo as the QB. Wade did get demoted in the same state but different team. 2007 was pretty good for the Cowboys offense. Every game I remember seeing, they scored around 30ppg. It was nuts. They could almost score at will.

The reason why Garrett and the entire Cowboys team isnt good is because there's no one there to disipline any of them. Add a HC like Cowher and the entire situation gets turned upside down but for the better.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote