Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Eddie George or Tiki Barber
Eddie George is Better, but both should be in the Hall of fame 14 17.07%
Eddie George is Better. Only George should be in Hall of Fame 29 35.37%
Tiki Barber is Better but both should be in the Hall 15 18.29%
Tiki is Better. Only Tiki should be in Hall of Fame 24 29.27%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Not sure what George brings to the table that Tiki doesn't. I mean, George did not have one season with over 4 YPC.....and he is in a hall of fame discussion?
Well he had 2 over 4.0 actually. Bettis will probably get in with a 3.9 career avg. Is 4.0 some magical #? Like when Wal mart tries to sell you something at $19.99....it just seems so much cheaper than 20 bucks!

But seriously, if you watched the guy run in his prime (96-01), you'd know a stat doesn't tell the whole story at all. He wasn't the same back the last few years, and didn't have a very long run in his prime. He was one of the best at the time of his prime....but neither he nor Tiki are HOF's to me.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Who's better: Cade McNown or Tim Couch?
see there's your problem...you will only get answers if you start a thread about it...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

wheres the tiki is better but neither deserve the hall of fame option?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was a joke, PACK. Unfortunately, the debate between McNown and Couch is as relevant as the Eddie George/Tiki discussion.
Eddie couldnt even take it to the house and only averaged 3.2 yards per carry. Barber was known as a soft player. Im sorry but I think there both overrated.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
Yeah, they won it last in 1908. The reason I say 100 is because if they don't win this year, it will be 99. Then, the earliest they can win is 2008. If and when they win in 08, it will be 100 years since the last time I won. So that's why I say that.
ahhhh good call...your a thinker
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How about "Eddie George is better, neither should be in the HOF".
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about "GRF>all and should be in the Hall of Fame over anyone here."

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
You know how hard it is to be able to carry the ball 30 times in a game week after week? That's durability that rarely comes around.
I find it hard that people are trying to make a comparison between a workhorse RB that ran in a power running offense (George) and a Slash type RB that worked out of a more pass-happy offense (Tiki)

Frankly, I don't think either proved enough in their career to be HOF worthy. Both good players, but Neither have done anything to scream HOF. Sure Tiki has the 10kRushing/5k Receiving, but he still didn't really stand out until the last few years.

I'd rather face Tiki than Eddie George. 3.5 Yards a carry, whatever, 30 carries, that takes a toll.

I think a better comparison would be Tiki vs. Marshall Faulk and George vs. Jerome Bettis (Lopsided, but more comparable.)

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tiki's numbers are better, Tiki is more versatile. Not one RB in this history of NFL dominated over a three year span the way Tiki did these last three years. (Note: I believe this to be true, I did research on it and couldn't find anyone. If you find a player who out produced Tiki in a 3 year consecutive span, I'll give you mad rep)

Also a wise man once taught me to never trust a man with two first names. So that eliminates Eddie George from any discussion.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 04-18-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who's better: Cade McNown or Tim Couch?
Tim Couch, browns killed any chance he had in the NFL...:(

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber is better but I wouldn't put either in the hall of fame

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.................!!!!!!!!

He was the Titans offense for three years or more, without him we were nothing

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titans10 View Post
Eddie, Eddie, Eddie.................!!!!!!!!

He was the Titans offense for three years or more, without him we were nothing
And Tiki wasn't the Giants offense. Find me someone that ran for total of 5040 yards in three consecutive years. Let alone someone that has a ypc over 4 for his career.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
And Tiki wasn't the Giants offense. Find me someone that ran for total of 5040 yards in three consecutive years. Let alone someone that has a ypc over 4 for his career.
How about Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson?

God I hate homers.

Tiki Barber is a borderline Hall of Famer. Eddie George only can get in the same you, I, and Drew Bledsoe can get in, by buying a ticket.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
YPC is one of the most overrated things in the NFL, eddie was one of the few RB that could run 30 times a game with 10 in the box trying to defend him, i'm saying tiki isn't good, but i would much rather have a powerback that is going to get me atleast 3 yards every time he touches the ball.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
How about Barry Sanders, Eric Dickerson?

God I hate homers.

Tiki Barber is a borderline Hall of Famer. Eddie George only can get in the same you, I, and Drew Bledsoe can get in, by buying a ticket.
God, you just love to be a complete ass don't you. No where I said Tiki deserves to be in the hall of fame. Correct looking up their stats Dickerson and Sander both did what Tiki did. But this thread is comparing George to Tiki, and George never came close to Tiki's domination these last 3 years.

Also when you say how about Sanders and Dickerson as examples. By giving HOFers you aren't really hurting Tiki's argument.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
YPC is one of the most overrated things in the NFL, eddie was one of the few RB that could run 30 times a game with 10 in the box trying to defend him, i'm saying tiki isn't good, but i would much rather have a powerback that is going to get me atleast 3 yards every time he touches the ball.
YPC really isn't overrated at all. Over the span of 2000+ carries it is actually pretty relevant. Over a smaller sample size I will agree though.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjs View Post
So now he was running the ball 30 times with 10 in the box? Interesting, I guess I didn't watch football during that era.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maaaaan, I just hope Jacobs runs over everybody next year. Thats all I care about.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Tiki's numbers are better, Tiki is more versatile. Not one RB in this history of NFL dominated over a three year span the way Tiki did these last three years. (Note: I believe this to be true, I did research on it and couldn't find anyone. If you find a player who out produced Tiki in a 3 year consecutive span, I'll give you mad rep)

Also a wise man once taught me to never trust a man with two first names. So that eliminates Eddie George from any discussion.

I found two for you. Now give me a positive rep if you are a man at your word. I'm giving you a negative one for your homerism.

Last edited by eacantdraft : 04-18-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I found two for you. Now give me a positive rep if you are a man at your word. I'm giving you one for your homerism.
Your rep doesn't count. Anyone in red can't give out rep.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Maaaaan, I just hope Jacobs runs over everybody next year. Thats all I care about.
Jacobs a freakin breast, but i still remeber how pissed he was last year when the giants blew that lead against the Titans.....I think he ate some of the media alive...

Old 04-18-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Keep thinking that.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

Quote:
Is that really true??? LOL

Old 04-18-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Keep thinking that.
Its true. Negative rep from red square posters doesnt effect anyone.

Contrarily, now you just opened up the oppurtunity for Jug to negative rep you in return, and his negative rep will in fact effect your status. So....you basically just screwed yourself.

Good job.