Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 10-29-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Davis been doing for you guys?
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
I think this team could really use a deep threat WR in the Garcon role. With Mike Wallace potentially hitting free agency & Arians's past in Pittsburgh, that could make a lot of sense. Wallace paired with Reggie, Hilton, and our TEs, would this offense can be very scary. Though we'd need to get an O-lineman or two to finish the deal.
We have some good young speedsters to develop. I hope we can start finding someone to groom as reggies replacement. Also protect Luck or deep balls wont be happening often anyways.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
How has Davis been doing for you guys?
He was bad his first game but after that he's done well. But he is battling a knee injury so he's missed time. Disappointing, but I've seen enough to know that once he's 100% he will be a difference-maker.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I can go on seeing our defense struggle but I hate seeing the pocket collapse on Luck. We should go for Warmack.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 questions

I know the Oline is strugglign with the pocket, but are they doing well in the run game? From the minimum that I saw it seems that holes are opening up better.

Also, Donald Brown is impressing me. I was ready to throw in the towel with him, but how set at RB do you guys think we are now with Ballard?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what to really think about the OL. Through most of this season I've been happy with the tackles (when Justice has been in) and thought we needed new guards. But the last two games the interior OL has been improved and against the Titans the OTs were terrible. Couldn't handle the speed/power combo of Morgan and Wimbley. And this is just my opinion but I don't consider either of those guys to be super high-end talent. They are good players but not top 10 feared pass rushers or anything like that. Castonzo had his worst game of the year, easily.

I think adding even just one more consistently good OLman, like maybe Warmack, would really improve the OL. But I would not argue if the Colts picked up Ryan Clady as a free agent, let Justice walk, and moved Castonzo to the right side.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-01-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone check out the current mock draft posted by Scott? Te'o would be a great addition though I think the need isn't high enough to select him. We might be picking later than #9 too if the ship don't fall apart.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post
Anyone check out the current mock draft posted by Scott? Te'o would be a great addition though I think the need isn't high enough to select him. We might be picking later than #9 too if the ship don't fall apart.
Yeah, I think we will be picking later. Definitely don't think Teo is the most needed position. I wouldn't be upset if we took him because I think he has a chance to be really really great, but I'd rather shore up the Oline. I don't think we will pick early enough for Star or some of the coveted pass rushers. Also, we have traded several picks so I think we need to draft for need to a certain extent.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 11-02-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I doubt we'll take Te'o, though I like him a lot. ILB is the strongest position on the team. Freeman is a keeper, Angerer probably is too, and Conner is pretty solid himself. I think we'll go OL, DL, OLB, or perhaps SS.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fokou is no slouch either. ILB is pretty much the only position on D that is strong imo.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough win against a good team.

Luck nearly made a horrible mistake, after having his best game so far.

I wasn't expecting us to run well vs this D, although Carter and Ballard made some nice runs.

D stepped up late.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The playoffs are beginning to look more and more realistic. We've got 5 very winnable games left on the schedule (Jax, Ten, Buff, Det, KC). Even with only 9 wins, we got a fair shot at the playoffs.

Other teams with 4-5 wins.:

Pit (5-3): KC, Balt x2, Clev x2 SD, Dal, Cincy
SD (4-4): TB, Den, Balt, Cincy, Pit, Car, NY, Oak
MIA (4-4): Ten, Buf x2, Sea, NE x2, SF, Jax
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

If Texans rest their starters for the last game, that might be a winnable game also.

Still, I'm not holding my breath.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Also, CB is starting a look like a need area more and more. Powers doesn't look comfortable in this system, plus we have no depth.

The order of our needs imo:

1. OG
2. NT
3. DE
4. OLB
5. CB
6. SS
Old 11-05-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Up til yesterday I was kind of concerned about "backing into the playoffs" and what that would do to the team long-term. I was looking forward to a nice draft pick. But I can't help but get excited about the season the Colts are having. The experience some of the guys are getting, gutting out wins the way they are, is a lot more valuable than getting their asses kicked on the way to a high draft pick.

- Luck was incredible, especially on 3rd down. He just couldn't throw a bad pass. He did have a few bad decisions, but no one is perfect. He was close yesterday though. Movement in the pocket and feeling the rush was as good as ever. His accuracy and velocity were best-of-season. He FINALLY hit Avery deep!

- 97 yards on the ground, not great but it's the Dolphins so I'll take it. Ballard and Carter compliment each other well. I would like to see Carter get a few more carries, he is just really hard to bring down and I like his vision. But I can't complain about Ballard, he is getting better and better. The OL is too. Speaking of which...

- I am seeing improvement from some of these guys. Castonzo had a better day after a rough week vs. the Titans. Justice struggled a bit vs. Cam Wake but there's no shame in that. And other than getting embarrassed one time by Paul Solai, AQ Shipley actually played pretty well at center. McGlynn is improving and has that nasty attitude you want. He and Shipley both have it, I like them playing together. Reitz, if he can stay healthy, is probably our best guard. I would still like an interior lineman in the 1st if Warmack is the best player available, but I like that these guys are getting better instead of worse.

- Dwayne Allen was a steal. I said in pre-season I thought he would turn out to be the better TE and so far I am clearly right. I still like Fleener, but Allen can do everything. Blocks in-line, blocks in the lead, runs routes, catches everything. He is a stud.

- Nice to see some life out of Avery, Hilton, and even Brazill today. Hilton needs to work on catching the football but I can definitely see potential there.

- Nice to see Freeney and Mathis on the field together again, it sucks that it didn't last. Freeney's bull rush was great, he was giving Jake Long all he could handle. The DL held up well vs. the run. Glad to see Moala back, he is just better than Nevis as a 3-4 DE. I think Redding is still hurt and just toughing it out. Can't wait to see Chapman get on the field. AJ has gotten a bit better this season but I still don't see him as a starter long-term.

- Quiet day from our ILBs, I thought they'd have lots of stats going after Bush and the other RB but Miami passed a lot. Which meant...

- Bad day for the secondary. Zbikowski was back to playing soft and taking bad angles again. Bethea seems out of position a lot which is surprising. I thought he'd be more of a difference-maker this year. Powers has been HORRIBLE this year. Like, right now I prefer Darius Butler. That bad. Wow. I thought he and Davis would make a good tandem but I just don't think Powers has the strength or aggressive demeanor to play corner the way Pags/Manusky want. He can't jam or disrupt routes, he's too little. I think his confidence is low. Vaughn is just an OK nickel and was an idiot to knock Bush down in the endzone. Fortunately that penalty had zero effect on the game.

- I think Adam V's time in Indy is drawing to a close. He's missed too many FGs, and most of them weren't THAT long. He's making too much money to miss kicks like that. We should've been up by 6 at the end of the game. 9, really, but the blocked kick wasn't his fault.

- Anyone agree this was Arians' best game for playcalling? Not perfect, and Luck's execution bailed Arians out a few times, but overall he seems to be adapting his game plans to the talent rather than trying to force something.

Great, great game. Lots of fun to watch. We have a tough turnaround this week but at least it's the Jags. I hope we stop their dicks into the ground on their turf. I hate those guys.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-05-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, Luck made Arian look good yesterday.

Relying so heavily on the passing game isn't always a recipe for success.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:27 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Well, Luck made Arian look good yesterday.

Relying so heavily on the passing game isn't always a recipe for success.
I think against other teams he would've tried to run more. But the Dolphins have one of the best run defenses in the NFL, and obviously Luck saw some things in coverage that he felt he could exploit.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-05-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coach Pags is in remission. If your a sports fan or not, his post game speech is worth the watch.

http://www.colts.com/media-center/vi...5-0cfde2a7a4fe
Old 11-06-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things of note
1) 25 players on the team shaved their head to honor coach Pagano including Angerer, Vintatieri and McAfee
2) Andrew Lucks average pass is travelling 10.2 yards down field, 1st in the nfl.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

http://www.colts.com/media-center/vi...3-269c89a17bb1

Donald Brown talks about the "dammit donald" video haha!

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 11-08-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Good win tonight. Defense looked good w/out starting CBs and Mathis sitting out. Hughes continues to act like a moron at times which can come back to haunt us when we're playing good teams later. Luck made great throws continuously. Can't teach speed as Hilton and Brazil both have plenty.

Team needs the extra few days off. Next up, Tommy Brady and the Pats.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Nice games from Butler and Gordy. I think Butler has earned the right to start for a while. Powers has been a nightmare this year.

Love watching this team win!

I am expecting Chapman to be activated for the Pats game.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the next next 72 hours or so, we have the 3rd best record in the AFC. Man what I would give to beat the Pats next week. With the way their secondary has been giving up big plays, think we might have a shot too. Seeing Chapman play would be great.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I really don't think our D has a shot against their offense. And I don't trust this team to score as much as they should. It'd be incredible though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Some notes:

- The more I see this offense, the more I like it. Even the O-Line has exceeded my expectations. Don't get me wrong, it's still not a top-notch unit, but it doesn't need 3-4 new starters as I thought it did prior to the season. As a matter of fact, I would fine with just an upgrade over McGlynn.

- Defense has holes. They played well tonight, but let's face it, without MJD, Jags have a crappy offense. Butler and Gordy can't gamble like that in every game. That would create big plays.

- Cassius Vaughn was horrible. He kept on trying to jump routes just like Butler did and it created multiple big plays for the Jags.

- Hughes and Freeney had some good moments, but they also got taken out of plays way too many times. Free might be hurt. Jerry pretty much has only one move, straight up-field.

- On D-Line, Redding was very good, the rest, not so much.

- Defense should be the main priority in the off-season.