Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New trailer up for BioShock Infinite. I was disappointed in Bioshock 2, but Im going to be checking out this one for sure in Feb.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So apparently one of the lead devs of The War Z called spawn campers "*******" (*** slur) on an official post he made. When people got upset the post was edited, but then he was arguing with people as to why they were offended by the word in the first place.

The bigger issue is that they designed a game where spawn camping is a thing. Design your game correctly and spawn campers don't exist.

All of this completely turned me off from this game.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't necessarily have a problem with someone calling someone a name... I have many times called Campers horrible things. Sure there are things you don't say but I have less of an issue with that then the fact you can camp spawn points.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I don't necessarily have a problem with someone calling someone a name... I have many times called Campers horrible things. Sure there are things you don't say but I have less of an issue with that then the fact you can camp spawn points.
Yeah, that is a ****** design flaw no question. That is the biggest turnoff.

But when a lead dev from the game is ranting over something that they designed into the game, and uses a homophobic (or racial) slur in the process, well that just completely turns me off. Instead of ranting and making yourself look bad, why not go "hmm, maybe this should be changed. Luckily I'm in a position to change things around here." But he decides to rant like a 10 year old instead.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

But when a lead dev from the game is ranting over something that they designed into the game, and uses a homophobic (or racial) slur in the process, well that just completely turns me off. Instead of ranting and making yourself look bad, why not go "hmm, maybe this should be changed. Luckily I'm in a position to change things around here." But he decides to rant like a 10 year old instead.
I would probably do both... Rant and then fix it but I get your point.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Exactly. It was highly unprofessional, which just makes me continue to question if they could make a good game to begin with.

If camping is an issue, solve it. Don't blame the person doing it. It's your damn fault for allowing camping to happen. If you don't want it to happen, then put in ways to stop it.

And for people who ***** about camping, blame the developer, not the person. "Camping" is a perfectly valid form of tactics known as an ambush. I personally don't do much camping, but I find it funny when people run guns blazing into a room instead of being cautious. I never get camped because (depending on the game) I'll flash bang the **** out of a room or grenade it before going in.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im sorta glad I didnt preorder it or anything.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As am I. I'm looking forward to the Day Z standalone far more now.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Some good info/images of it so far.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
As am I. I'm looking forward to the Day Z standalone far more now.

http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Some good info/images of it so far.
I concur! If they can give some purpose and hash out all the bugs I will be buying.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I concur! If they can give some purpose and hash out all the bugs I will be buying.
Agreed. I'd like to see them implement some cooler stuff for clans/groups. Maybe add some building to it. Build a base, farm, etc. Would be bad ass.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:48 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I think it would be incredible if you had to defend that against Zombie attacks and looters.

Almost like in I am Legend (THE BOOK!) where he has to go find items to fix the damage from the previous nights attacks.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah. I loved the basic concept of DayZ, the thing it needs to work on is replayability and allowing users to "build up something." Honestly, considering how basic the game is (find food, weapons, vehicles, survive) and the fact of how buggy it was it was amazing how addicting it was and how long I played it.

The thing they need to allow is for more purpose (once you start finding vehicles and such it starts to get a little old, because getting a vehicle is one of the toughest things to do). And, clearly, letting you defend that vehicle and keep it would be great too. I loved how rare vehicles were, but I think being able to build a vehicle from the many husks of cars would be awesome and challenging too.

Also, making a base and being assaulted by zombies/looters would be bad ass. I think it'd be awesome if you could eventually build a base with your friends. Start of basic with a wire fence and some tents. Work up to a nice big base with buildings that are functional (like a blacksmith for weapons, gun smith, repair garage, etc.). Having to build power generators and find the power for it. Things like that would be amazing.

I almost picture a perfect game a mix of the DayZ Survival formula mixed with Minecraft in that you can build/farm/etc. from scratch.
Old 10-31-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

So, does TOR go free to play tomorrow or is there a certain date for it?
Old 10-31-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It isn't tomorrow but I don't know the date.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sword & Sworcery EP really is an amazing little game.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

November 15th is the launch of SWTOR F2P model for those of you that were wondering.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yessir. I am ready and waiting for it!
Old 11-08-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
November 15th is the launch of SWTOR F2P model for those of you that were wondering.
I'm so excited!!!

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to get some Day Z in again guys like soon!!!!!!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm so excited!!!
Don't waste your time.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
We need to get some Day Z in again guys like soon!!!!!!
Standalone next month. :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Don't waste your time.
Your just mad because your Australian and noone wants to play any games with you.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

League of Legends!!!

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripedWalrus View Post
Your just mad because your Australian and noone wants to play any games with you.
Everyone wanted to play SWTOR with me! Especially Cain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
League of Legends!!!
I invited you before :(

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:16 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Battlefield 3!!!

Oldie but a goodie.