Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-11-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Canes View Post
Now that the 1st pick isn't worth 60 mil, I can definitely see my Chiefs trading back to stock up more picks. There isn't a QB, CB or ILB worth a top 5 pick so that's what I hope they do...
I completely 100% disagree with you here.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I completely 100% disagree with you here.
I completely forgot about Mantei Teo...ok so there's one but not #1 overall. Plus, how do we know the next regime will run a 3-4 system and need a Ted LB? Unless they move DJ to WIll and have Teo at Mike in a 4-3 set.
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Canes View Post
I completely forgot about Mantei Teo...ok so there's one but not #1 overall. Plus, how do we know the next regime will run a 3-4 system and need a Ted LB? Unless they move DJ to WIll and have Teo at Mike in a 4-3 set.
I disagreed with the QB thing, not CB or ILB. I think Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith are top 5/10 pick worthy players.

And if a new regime comes in and tries to change the defense then they'll regret it. This team has defensive talent built specifically for the 3-4. I don't think they'll make that mistake.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope the Bengals trade down.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I disagreed with the QB thing, not CB or ILB. I think Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith are top 5/10 pick worthy players.

And if a new regime comes in and tries to change the defense then they'll regret it. This team has defensive talent built specifically for the 3-4. I don't think they'll make that mistake.
I'd love to agree with you on Wilson but just can't see it yet. Now Geno Smith is a whole different story. I don't think he should be drafted within the first rd...the NFLs new found obsession with the spread has raised his draft stock but I really don't see what people see in Geno. The numbers may be outstanding but so were Keenum's and he's not an NFL caliber QB.

Call me crazy but I'd take Glennon within the top 5. Yes, I'm that high on this kid.

I think this team could transition to a 4-3 well but definitely agree that a 3-4 is what it should stay as...We could put Tamba at WDE, Dorsey at the 3 tech, Poe at the other DT spot and rotate Houston, Jackson and Bailey at the end spots. Not to mention that DJ could go to Will, Belcher at Mike (unfortunately) and either keep Houston up at Sam or find a suitable SLB. I still think they should stay within the 3-4 set 'cause Tamba standing up is much more effective. Houston is only getting better.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I have a feeling that Tyler Wilson is going to test better than any other QB in this draft. I think his stock will soar in the offseason.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

Quote:
I have a feeling that Tyler Wilson is going to test better than any other QB in this draft. I think his stock will soar in the offseason.
IMO, Mallett was a much better QB and he went RD 3. Only reason being that he had off the field issues that turned teams off. Wilson is nowhere near Mallett's skill level.