Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Thanks NYG very good post. I still think it's just a terrible rut but it is concerning. Like I said I thought we run this system because it's not really possible to "figure out" but something is certainly up. Nicks was good today but Cruz has been awful the last 3 games also.

Randle and Wilson have been super disappointing also. We need more production from them. Sanu looked good today I still am upset we didn't take him and of course he has to have his first big game against us. What a kick in the balls that was.

The Bradshaw fumble was the end of the game. If we score there then we win this game today. That just really killed us.

Diehl is awful I can't say it enough.

Our DLine was embarrassing today. These guys just disappear which also makes 0 sense.

Thanks man.

I honestly love when draft offensive players like people know. However, I think now I just don't care who we draft. Offensively, I feel like whoever we draft won't play anyways. So why bother? Barden, JJ, Wilson, and R.R.

That's the issue! We can't develop players consistently if the offensive system is so hard. We failed to develop mid round OL picks, but we are not developing guys like.

JJ, Barden, and now Wilson. WE NEED to develop guys faster and have them produce. Hixon plays because he can be versatile and play every spot. That's great he knows the system and his versatile, but at some point that can't be amazing on it's own. You have to produce now! Yeah you are versatile, and yeah you know the system, but now do something!!!! Be consistent!

That's the issue. No one else is picking it up! Someone do something! R.R. has no idea, Wilson is not used AND Hixon and MB are part timers who aren't there game after game producing. MB was early on but fell off.

This is a big issue!

In theory, the system is supposed to beat any defense and the coverage because of the choice and option routes. But like anything else in this league, things get figured out. And the associated routes with this system are all being tightly contested by every team. There is zero wiggle room, and that tips me off that there is a problem.

1 game.. fine. 3 freaking games and this is new! Compound the problems listed above and you get this mess!

As for the DL, I think we as fans are spoiled by them. Now teams have adjusted to us. Get rid of the ball sooner! No need to hold the ball. Watch how the 2 offenses played us.

Hitch, Curl, Hitch, flat route, hitch, curl, in, Dig, curl, go route, hitch, curl, RB angle route, hitch and curl.

And when you're not throwing then run, run, run, run, run, run, run. And then use play action

That's what I am seeing. Nothing fancy. We are the opposite in a way. We run 5 and 7 step drops, and need time. And on top of that we can't get open.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dalton had all day to throw today though. Yeah there were plays where they got rid of it quick but he ALL day on every play. I think I saw Osi get pressure once but besides that him, Tuck, JPP, Canty were missing. Just terrible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dalton had all day to throw today though. Yeah there were plays where they got rid of it quick but he ALL day on every play. I think I saw Osi get pressure once but besides that him, Tuck, JPP, Canty were missing. Just terrible.
It's because you keep the DL off their game and frustrated. Soon, you lose gap discipline and I think Tim lewis and even Fewell over trust their DL. As if our DL will always get pressure and allow us to drop everyone. I hated that when Tim Lewis used that philosophy. If your DL doesn't hit home, you have all day then.

That's the theory of it. When you look at the players Osi and Tuck are old. Tuck is shot, and Osi is one foot on his way out. Kiwi has been mismanaged in my opinion since we drafted him. I think he should be on the DL. JPP is the only threat. Maybe make Ojomo active and see if he can give this DL a shot in the arm.

But teams are going to get rid of the ball. They are not going to keep t in their hands. Our blitzes suck too. They are not complex and get picked up. So that's one less player dropping back in a garbage scheme.

So now you're damned if you do and damned if you don't. It's tough man. That side of the ball is terrible anyways. PF is not a good DC in the regular season.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not even close to panicking. We do this all the time and we still have the lead in the division.
Exactly. This is how the giants roll. We're the worst front runners possible but phenomenal underdogs. When we've got a big division lead in November we're gunna **** the bed pretty hard until that pressure to perform returns.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Then I'll hit the panic button. Looking at our schedule, we need to get your head out of our butts and then play sick to do well!

GB
AT Wash
Saints
Atlanta
Ravens
Eagles

I'll tell you what we better get this figured out really quickly. I am patient as a rule, but the way we have been playing and the teams we play, my patience is running out. I am just about to hit the panic button because I don't trust this team specifically now. At this moment, I don't see this team doing well against those teams.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care about the teams we play. We're better off playing better teams since that's when we bring it. When we play our game we can beat any team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't care about the teams we play. We're better off playing better teams since that's when we bring it. When we play our game we can beat any team.
Oh I do. The way we are playing now, or lack of playing now, these teams are going to beat us like we stole something. High flying offensive teams against us. We stink on D, and stink on O. And our special teams have slipped. So playing these teams matter. These teams score TDs like non other and here we are stinking in the red zone.

Do we plan on FGing these teams into submission?
Old 11-11-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We won't play this bad against those teams is what I'm saying. We never do when our backs are up against the wall. It's like all our big players need that adrenaline rush to play well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We won't play this bad against those teams is what I'm saying. We never do when our backs are up against the wall. It's like all our big players need that adrenaline rush to play well.
See I think the way this team is playing, I don't see any hope or light that we can play better. It's not that we lost 2 games that bothers me. It's the fashion we are losing that troubles me to no end. I don't think this offensive staff can make the right changes. I used today to see what we can do and I saw nothing. Nothing to make me think of this staff needs to do something drastic to change they would. I don't think we would do that. Call it being stubborn or unwilling to change no matter what. I don't see much from this team right now. All 3 phases are not doing well.

I don't see how offensively we can keep up. What changes are we willing to make? Let's say we are code blue. No heart beat, and we need something drastic. Can this staff come up with something like that? Or do we run our system even if the boat sinks? Because right now I think this staff can't make that change.

I also think the teams we play go for the throat. GB and NO fall in that category. We play for...MVP Tynes! That's not going to get it.

Right now I see nothing from this team that leads me to believe all is well and thinks will be fine. Right now the hand is resting on the panic button. It's very close to being pressed and then letting the team show me to stop the button and go over ride. Because right now I don't see it. I don't see how things will magically fix themselves.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Naa you're being way to pessimistic right now considering everything we know about this team. I'm not saying we're going to the playoffs and dominate but we will play better. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

Right now I see nothing from this team that leads me to believe all is well and thinks will be fine. Right now the hand is resting on the panic button. It's very close to being pressed and then letting the team show me to stop the button and go over ride. Because right now I don't see it. I don't see how things will magically fix themselves.
I agree with you. My hand is dangerously close to that same panic button as well. I will give them one more chance to come out against the Packers and show improvement, and play competitive football. If they don't, I will push the panic-button as hard as I possibly can.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Naa you're being way to pessimistic right now considering everything we know about this team. I'm not saying we're going to the playoffs and dominate but we will play better. There's no doubt in my mind about that.
I hope that's the cause. I am more of a realistic. Right now, based on what I have seen, I don't see the gold or silver lining where we can say, we played well but 1 mistake did us in. Right now we are just not good. These teams are high scoring. And we rely on Mr. Tynes. Our defense stinks. That's just going by our play. No being optimistic or negative. Just being a realistic and calling it based on how we are playing.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How quickly you forget just how badly we curbstomped the 49ers, easily the best team in the NFL outside of the QB position, at every aspect of playing football. This team can dominate and get dominated by any team, that's why it doesn't matter who's left on the schedule, but what does matter is the team feeling the pressure to perform.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-11-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah I'm not arguing with you on that. This is some of the worst football I've seen this team play in a long time. We're still 6-4 though with destiny in our own hands. This team responds better when we are against the wall and when we are underdogs. I can't explain that but it is the case. I'll start to panic when we're not in 1st anymore.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not the system. Can adjustments be made? Sure. But the bigger issue is talent. The OL sucks balls. Diehl needs to go. The 3rd WR isn't emerging, Nicks can't separate, and teams are rolling coverages on Cruz. No one is open. And Eli is pressing.

My solution:

1. Bench Diehl. He's just not good anymore and Locklear is clearly better.
2. Start Andre Brown. Bradshaw is washed up too and Brown is clearly better.
3. Use Beckum more in 2 te sets. See if that causes any mismatches.
4. Tell Eli checking down isn't a crime.
5. Hope Nicks gets healthy
6. Hope Randle develops.

That's all you really can do.

On defense....don't get me started. I want a new defensive system.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defensively we have several issues.

1. Tackling. We are a terrible tackling defense. If you're gonna be a zone bend but don't break defense, you better tackle. And we can't tackle at all.
2. DBs. Corey is washed up. Hosely is a rookie who will go through growing pains. Kenny is hurt.
3. Our DTs are mediocre. Joseph is decent but we have no depth and no under tackle. Canty is still recovering. Bernard sucks. Austin sucks.
4. Linebackers stink. Boley is strictly a coverage backer. Everyone else stinks.
5. Perry Fewell. He never blitzes, rarely adjusts. When teams max protect you gotta adjust to that. He never does.

We need Kenny back, move Rolle to nickel CB and start Brown. Put Prince on the opposition's 1. That is my secondary adjustments.

Linebackers...just gotta hope Williams gets healthy and start him.

DL....just gotta hope Canty gets healthy, and blitz more to free these guys up.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If Coughlin doesn't switch back to Locklear I'll be livid. Diehl is going to get Eli hurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 09:23 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remember when Sanu torched us? Cool Randle. Cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
remember when Sanu torched us? Cool Randle. Cool.
Insult to injury.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's not the system. Can adjustments be made? Sure. But the bigger issue is talent. The OL sucks balls. Diehl needs to go. The 3rd WR isn't emerging, Nicks can't separate, and teams are rolling coverages on Cruz. No one is open. And Eli is pressing.

My solution:

1. Bench Diehl. He's just not good anymore and Locklear is clearly better.
2. Start Andre Brown. Bradshaw is washed up too and Brown is clearly better.
3. Use Beckum more in 2 te sets. See if that causes any mismatches.
4. Tell Eli checking down isn't a crime.
5. Hope Nicks gets healthy
6. Hope Randle develops.

That's all you really can do.

On defense....don't get me started. I want a new defensive system.

Of course it's the system and I cited it on this site as well as BBI quite well. I do agree that that other issues are there too which I as well have cited. And checking down is a crime in our SYSTEM because we push the ball vertically and use the 5 to 7 drop concept passing game.

If we ran the Big Ben offense and put the training wheels on our offense, I think we might be fine. That's all the steelers do. Now their offense is the anti-giants offense with the way they dink and dunk. It's very sad and pitiful when we have a 5 to 7 drop game, and Eli has like 4 seconds to throw and no one is open, and defenders are route reading perfectly as if they know that we are doing.

I hated that WR rules part of the offense. And my wrath and fury of it is increasing! I am ready for 2 new systems! Mark my words, I'd bet anything on it. That Eli in a brand new system would be a lot more productive in this system we run.

3 damn games without a TD? 3? What HOF QB, 2 time SB MVP QB has that happened to them? Eli and The Sanchize have something in common yesterday! Both didn't throw a TD.

I can't even watch the offense and that's what I love! I said I was anxious to see if we would do anything different and I saw what I needed to. Someone said somewhere it reminded of the stupid Panthers playoff game, and it did. I remember I was at the game and that was a bloody mess!

I hate the defense so much. What a useless unit with a worse DC! Can we actually hire a good DC? Is Coughlin that bad at hiring coordinators? I know people will point to Spags, but good god he is bad at hiring DCs.

Hufangel, Lewis, Sheridan and now Fewell.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

It's not the system man! It's adjustments to the system. That's all.

The system is fine.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I guess it's about time we start wondering if Eli's washed up, right NYG?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I guess it's about time we start wondering if Eli's washed up, right NYG?
You think he is washed up? Why on earth would you say that?
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
It's not the system man! It's adjustments to the system. That's all.

The system is fine.

Personnel also impact it, but it's the system too. You can see it with the routes being run. You don't have an offense fall of a cliff like this for 3 straight games. Factor in bush league play calling in the red zone. And that leads to Mr. Tynes being our MVP thus far.

No adjustments are being made to the system. We were told they were going to be made. I didn't see anything. Did we run hurry up once? Gilbride alluded to it in his interview prior to game day.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
You think he is washed up? Why on earth would you say that?
He was being sarcastic.

sig by BoneKrusher