Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He was being sarcastic.
I know. No one brought it up so I figured I'd answer his question with a question and see what he says.

And as stupid as it sounds in the game day threat there were people saying all sorts of stuff. Fire Coughlin, Fire Fewell, Eli is done, Fire Gilbride and so on.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I'm not arguing with you on that. This is some of the worst football I've seen this team play in a long time. We're still 6-4 though with destiny in our own hands. This team responds better when we are against the wall and when we are underdogs. I can't explain that but it is the case. I'll start to panic when we're not in 1st anymore.
I agree, and I laugh at everyone who is worried about the Giants. I guess there has to be a story, but just because you don't go 13-3 doesn't mean a thing. You guys always get hot at the right time, and while most of you hate Fewell he got his stuff together at the right time last year after sucking it up in large spans.

Besides that, if your only threat is us in the division I'd hardly be worried because we have given nobody a reason to think we can be disciplined enough to go on a streak and win some meaningful games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about making the playoffs yet, but I would like to finish third in the NFC. To avoid a likely strong Wild Card team in the 5th seed. This loss hurts those chances.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah LL, I basically agree with Jug right now. I do worry about Dallas though, because they are talented and if they put it together they can be dangerous.

But right now I'm not concerned about missing the playoffs just yet. I'm more concerned about seeding.

And it's just annoying that this team isn't consistent like the Patriots bc they're capable of it. But they lack the focus.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seeding doesn't matter one bit. We can beat anyone anywhere.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not make life easier though? Why always do it the hard way? Do you really want to see Green Bay in the first round?
Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Why not make life easier though? Why always do it the hard way? Do you really want to see Green Bay in the first round?
They'll win the division.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think Chicago will hold onto it. Green Bay has their flaws too.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I'm a sad panda. I'm not overly worried, mainly because of our division but I am a bit concerned. If this was ANY other team we would all be hitting the panic button big time. Sometimes I wonder if we get too comfortable with the idea we are going to pick it up in December and when the pressure is on.

After relying on this for so many years, I feel like eventually it will have to not happen.

That's not being pessimistic, I'm not super worried by any means. Just an observation I was thinking about.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I agree, and I laugh at everyone who is worried about the Giants. I guess there has to be a story, but just because you don't go 13-3 doesn't mean a thing. You guys always get hot at the right time, and while most of you hate Fewell he got his stuff together at the right time last year after sucking it up in large spans.

Besides that, if your only threat is us in the division I'd hardly be worried because we have given nobody a reason to think we can be disciplined enough to go on a streak and win some meaningful games.
Why? Have you seen us play? We can't score now. No lead is safe, and right now our MVP is our freaking kicker. Well I am glad you're not worried, perhaps I need to take a page from your book. Right now, I see nothing with this team. Maybe this BYE week will do some good, and things will be fine.

Maybe the defense can replicate last year and beat the GB. Maybe our offense can use this BYE week to adjust, rest, and come back to par. That would be great. But until then, I am not happy, and dare I say.. worried with this team.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

My main concern is, we all know what flaws we have, and we all know what the corrective actions are to those flaws (or at least we know what the superficial corrections can be in an attempt to fix them), but will they happen? I don't know.

Will Coughlin bench Diehl? Probably not.

Will Coughlin bench Bradshaw? Probably not.

Will Beckum see more PT? Probably not.

Will we make some adjustments to the playbook? I can see this happening.

Will guys get healthy? That's out of anyone's hands.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well I'm a sad panda. I'm not overly worried, mainly because of our division but I am a bit concerned. If this was ANY other team we would all be hitting the panic button big time. Sometimes I wonder if we get too comfortable with the idea we are going to pick it up in December and when the pressure is on.

After relying on this for so many years, I feel like eventually it will have to not happen.

That's not being pessimistic, I'm not super worried by any means. Just an observation I was thinking about.
That's fair. I think what's keeping me calm is our recent success. We all know this league. It's tough being successful in this league. And we won 2 out of the last 5 Super Bowls. A repeat performance is not realistic. And I'm aware of that.

I honestly see us making the playoffs and being 1 and done. I would love to win a playoff game before getting eliminated, but I think from a talent perspective, our team is too flawed to make a serious run this year.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
My main concern is, we all know what flaws we have, and we all know what the corrective actions are to those flaws (or at least we know what the superficial corrections can be in an attempt to fix them), but will they happen? I don't know.

Will we make some adjustments to the playbook? I can see this happening.

Well I can now that the BYE week has arrived. But what?! What can we do? I posed this on BBI or here I been so mad I am forgetting things. But if push comes to shove and we need to do something drastic, do you think Gilbride and TC would do something drastic in hopes to revive the offense?

OR do you think they make minor changes and if the boat sinks it sinks? I am not sure what adjustments they can make and if it's effective.

I saw more 3 wide sets. Ok, do we continue with that as the base formation and run and throw out if it? Is that what we now use and build off of it?

It's interesting, but I am not sure about all this.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because our team does better when things are harder on them. When things are too easy, they get arrogant and full of themselves. That's why we're such godawful front runners. It's when things are hard that the team buckles down and really thrives on the pressure.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well I can now that the BYE week has arrived. But what?! What can we do? I posed this on BBI or here I been so mad I am forgetting things. But if push comes to shove and we need to do something drastic, do you think Gilbride and TC would do something drastic in hopes to revive the offense?

OR do you think they make minor changes and if the boat sinks it sinks? I am not sure what adjustments they can make and if it's effective.

I saw more 3 wide sets. Ok, do we continue with that as the base formation and run and throw out if it? Is that what we now use and build off of it?

It's interesting, but I am not sure about all this.
Here's the problem with adjustments. They only work for a couple of weeks.

Right now, we can't stretch the field. So what's the natural adjustment? Bring in the routes.

But after 2 weeks, what's gonna happen? Defenses will adjust, and cover up the shorter routes.

So then what? Back to square one.

That's why ultimately this game is about talent. Players make plays. Right now we're just not talented enough to overcome our flaws. With some health, and some development from our rookies we can overcome them, but right here right now we are not good enough.

And that's not a scheme problem. That's a talent problem.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't even say it's a talent problem, but a performance problem. Eli's not playing well, Nicks isn't playing well, the OL isn't playing well, the defensive line isn't playing well. That's not because of talent but because injuries, lackadaisical play, whatever, is keeping the talent from performing to the levels they're capable of. The talent is here to win a superbowl, the talent is here to curbstomp the 9ers, the talent is here to repeat.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's also poor timing for us having a piss poor outing and then the bye. Meaning we have nothing to talk about but our piss poor games for the next 2 weeks.

Also, Sanu would just be so sexy in blue. le sigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

When we stomp the Packers, will you guys back away from the cliff-edge?

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
When we stomp the Packers, will you guys back away from the cliff-edge?
Seems like there is only 1 person here close to a ledge. Thankfully no one is yelling jump.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Randle is better than Sanu. A lot better.

This offense just takes awhile to understand.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

There has been 0 evidence to suggest Randle is better than Sanu at this point.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-12-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's also poor timing for us having a piss poor outing and then the bye. Meaning we have nothing to talk about but our piss poor games for the next 2 weeks.

Also, Sanu would just be so sexy in blue. le sigh
4 catches and a TD make him good? lol.
Old 11-12-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Seems like there is only 1 person here close to a ledge. Thankfully no one is yelling jump.
Norwegian was right there with him last I checked and the two of them were gunna get each other to jump. Hope they survive the bye.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
4 catches and a TD make him good? lol.
...woulda taken those numbers outta Randle...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
There has been 0 evidence to suggest Randle is better than Sanu at this point.
Both had 1 good game. But at least Randle got some seperation during his 1 good game.