Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-12-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this. He rarely drops a ball when catching with his hands, and he was never a body catcher previously for us. He got into a bad habit and of course drops started happening. It was refreshing that he didn't try to basket catch that deep ball and trap it into his chest. Hopefully somebody is pounding that point home to him.

Romo had some nice things to say about him after the game also, Dez still has a ways to go but the improvements are there. It's crazy how he can be our deep threat downfield, or rack up YAC on short underneath routes, I think after some of the catches Dez has made on balls in the end zone he might be earning the trust of Romo on more jump balls.
My favorite part was when we had the game sealed with the strip recovery. They panned to Romo who was working with Dez. I want to love Dez he is probably one of the most ridiculous physical specimens on the team. As soon as he gets the light to click and he starts to master the finer points (soft spot in zones, route running, no short-arming/basket/cradle catching) he'll be borderline impossible to stop.

We need Murray back in the worst way though. Felix played excellent but it's hard to imagine that Murray wouldn't of been even better.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I don't think JG will give up play calling during the season.
Yeah, I know that's probably the case, but I can still dream.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Found this on another site re Peyton and the Saints

An X-factor in the Sean Payton decision
As of this morning, the New England Patriots and Chicago Bears have seven players scheduled to carry 2013 salary cap numbers of $3 million or higher. The New Orleans Saints have 15, including the gaudy $17.4 milion number quarterback Drew Brees will carry based on his new five-year deal signed in July.
Cap numbers, of course, can and will change. But as of today, the Saints are in major trouble if they're going to use any avenue except the fixed-cost NFL Draft to repair their defense in 2013. The 15 heaviest contracts the Saints have, as of this morning, take up 87 percent of their 2013 salary cap. The NFL is scheduled to have a cap number of about $121 million per team next year, though that varies from team to team depending on cap credits and money carried over from the previous season.
Think of that: The Saints have 28 percent of their 53-man roster taking up 87 percent of the cap room. And they'll be at least $25 million over the $121 million cap at the start of the free-agency period.
Player 2013 Salary
QB Drew Brees $17.40 million
DE Will Smith $14.50m
G Jahri Evans $9.86m
LB Jonathan Vilma $8.63m
WR Marques Colston $6.60m
G Ben Grubbs $7.30m
S Roman Harper $7.10m
LB Curtis Lofton $7.10m
CB Jabari Greer $5.42m
LB David Hawthorne $4.76m
DT Brodrick Bunkley $4.70m
WR Lance Moore $4.47m
CB Malcolm Jenkins $3.88m
RB Darren Sproles $3.75m
Of course, that will have to change. But even if the Saints can re-do huge pacts like Will Smith's, and even if they make a veteran such as Jonathan Vilma or David Hawthorne a cap casualty, the front office will still find it tough to keep this team intact for the long haul. (And cutting Vilma would still incur a $2.6 million cap charge for the 2013 portion of his pro-rated signing bonus.) How, for instance, will they be able to re-sign left tackle Jermon Bushrod, scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent?
As Mike Florio pointed out on NBC last night, the Saints now have a 13-week edge on the competition to get a valid contract done with Payton -- because Payton cannot be reinstated for at least 13 weeks, until the day after the Super Bowl, and thus can't speak to any other team about a job until then. New Orleans is the lead dog in the pursuit of Payton, and Dallas is a clear No. 2, though there's no guarantee the Cowboys' job will open up yet. For the record, some of the onerous cap numbers in 2013 that will weigh on Payton's decision are on the right.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been saying since last year that Harris was gonna bust a punt return for a TD.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
My favorite part was when we had the game sealed with the strip recovery. They panned to Romo who was working with Dez. I want to love Dez he is probably one of the most ridiculous physical specimens on the team. As soon as he gets the light to click and he starts to master the finer points (soft spot in zones, route running, no short-arming/basket/cradle catching) he'll be borderline impossible to stop.

We need Murray back in the worst way though. Felix played excellent but it's hard to imagine that Murray wouldn't of been even better.
I caught that moment too and thought it was pretty cool, it's nice to see that sometimes instead of the usual arguing over what hot route it was supposed to be. But yea, Dez is frustrating because we all want to see those elite tools come to fruitation but he's still a work in progress, I'm not giving up because he's still growing as a player and I don't think he's anywhere near tapped out on potential. I wonder how you get into the Fitz camp, because that would do wonders for his career.

I still want to see more no huddle, but we at least came out on offense like we were ready to play this time, showed some urgency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been good to see Cole Beasley getting some reps and getting his first catch this week.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
It's been good to see Cole Beasley getting some reps and getting his first catch this week.
I would be a huge fan of kicking Miles back out to flanker and letting Beastley handle the slot. He catches everything and his route runner is great. He also seems to improv into soft spots whenever he sees Romo scramble.

I'd take Miles outside and Cole inside over Miles in the slot and Ogletree outside EVERY single time.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Romo loves guys like Beasley who run great routes and will be where he expects them to. He's tough to cover in the slot also, if his snaps continue to increase good things will happen.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And Romo loves guys like Beasley who run great routes and will be where he expects them to. He's tough to cover in the slot also, if his snaps continue to increase good things will happen.
Time for Ogs to hit the streets. He blew his load in game 1 and hasn't done crap since then but drop passes.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
Steelers announce the release of Alameda Ta'amu, a 2012 fourth-round pick who was suspended for a recent off-field incident.

Anybody know whats up with him? I remember we talked a lot about him during his draft process.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Steelers announce the release of Alameda Ta'amu, a 2012 fourth-round pick who was suspended for a recent off-field incident.

Anybody know whats up with him? I remember we talked a lot about him during his draft process.
Yea some of us wanted him pretty bad, I was HEAVILY in favor of picking him up. That said, he wasn't what the Steelers expected and his off the field stuff just got way too much to deal with. That said, I don't think we look into picking him up because Josh Brent is a beast and our back-up NT behind Ratliff, so there really isn't any room. I would love to bring him in honestly but I don't see the room for us to do so. He'd be our third NT and inactive most of the time.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

He had some drunken driving charge where I think he ran from the cops in downtown Pittsburgh.

Kenyon Coleman may have a torn triceps. That's a big loss, he was solid in run support.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Coleman is great against the run but this means more reps for Lissemore and Crawford. Both generate a heck of a lot more pressure but are not as stout as Kenyon.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good observations on Carter and Spencer

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ar...dium=twi tter

I put a lot of my focus on the job that not only Bruce Carter had to do, but Ernie Sims as well. In breaking down the defensive side of the ball, Carter was once again all over the field. His ability to read and react puts him in a lot of situations where he can make plays. From the press box, there were several times when the play looked like it was going to be out of the gate and into space, then a blur in white appears, stopping the runner right on the spot.

Not only does Carter get quickly to the ball, but he is so physical in the way he brings the carrier down. Rarely do you see a runner break through a tackle when Carter is in position.

The front office for the Cowboys is going to have to make a decision on Spencer and whether he is re-signed in the off season or not. There are times this season that I could argue he has been this defense’s best player. And that is including Lee, Carter and Ware.

Ryan and his defensive staff have always had a different view of Spencer and what his skill set was on a weekly basis. There were those that were confused by the franchise tag that the Cowboys put on him this past spring, but there is no disputing the fact that without him in the lineup, this unit doesn’t function as well without him.

If Carter was all over the field on Sunday, then Spencer was right there with him. Carter had 10 tackles while Spencer had four, but that was with a sack and a forced fumble that sealed the game for the Cowboys. Spencer is such a versatile player in his ability to not only play the run, which he has done better and with more consistency this season, but also in his awareness as a pass rusher and in coverage as well.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I've been on record as not a Spencer fan, but after his play this year I say extend him in the off-season. He's very stout against the run and while doesn't have a lot of sacks, he gets solid pressure. I'm in when it comes to Spencer!!!!

Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to the game...ammmaazinng Win!

"Won all three phases of the game."

Quite a few Cowboys fans in my section, and the Philly fans weren't as bad as they're made out to be. Pretty good atmosphere. Here's a few pics.

On every seat...pretty sad, lol.

in short....R. Ryan summed it up best:

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 11-13-2012 at 02:18 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Good pics from the game yesterday

Old 11-12-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's crazy how Bruce Carter is making people forget that Sean Lee exists. Think about how great Lee has looked. Some were saying he's All-Pro already in his young career. Ever since he went out Carter has been even better than before, and it's like he rose to the occasion. I'm salivating having those two together with Ware and Spencer on the outside. Both are smart, very athletic, and have a lot of heart. I wonder if Sean Lee isn't thinking about trying to out do Carter next year knowing that he has to step his game up with Bruce Carter shining like he is now. He's probably thrilled, but I bet he wants to be out there so bad one upping Carter. That Bruce Lee combo is really coming to fruition. lol

I agree with y'all on getting Beasley out there more. Ogletree hasn't done much since that first game. I say let Beasley and Harris get more work in there since both have good potential.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:46 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Thoughts

I feel bad for Coleman....he was doing a good job. I guess that opens another spot on the DL for next year.

Oggletree....I think his time is up...I think Harris and Cole should be given the opportunity to play more. I also think they should open it up more going to pass more often. We are not a running team right now.

Sims...Playing good football...that's the kind of player we have gone against drafting. Every team needs a player that just PLAYS...doesn't matter how he plays or if he is the best....just plays and is a beast when he plays. Sims in not going to make the Pro Bowl anymore, but he is way better than Connor...he hurts people and plays hard.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those are some cool pics FreshBoy. Surprised to see how empty the stands are. What's up with that???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:35 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I feel bad for Coleman....he was doing a good job. I guess that opens another spot on the DL for next year.

Oggletree....I think his time is up...I think Harris and Cole should be given the opportunity to play more. I also think they should open it up more going to pass more often. We are not a running team right now.

Sims...Playing good football...that's the kind of player we have gone against drafting. Every team needs a player that just PLAYS...doesn't matter how he plays or if he is the best....just plays and is a beast when he plays. Sims in not going to make the Pro Bowl anymore, but he is way better than Connor...he hurts people and plays hard.

At this point, throwing Harris and Cole into the fire cannot be any worse than have Ogs in there.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I wouldn't hate re-signing Spencer, but keep in mind guys we need offensive lineman, 4 of them. So if we re-sign Spencer funds are depleted to make a splash on the line. We could maybe draft two starters, but we need at least 1 stud lineman in FA. I'd prefer if we took best RT or Guard available in FA, then draft two G/C prospects in the first 3 rounds.

Spencer is at least a guy we could replace, but we HAVE to fix the line next year.

I was watching the Steeler game last night, and they were talking about how they had spent 4 picks in the top 2 rounds on offensive lineman in the last 3 drafts or so. Just get it done and not worry about it anymore once you finish it up. They started last year with DeCastro and Adams and could have their franchise LT and franchise G of the future. We just need to committ the resources to doing so.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I agree with you on the need at OL. I'd like to see us build the line via the draft.

As for the Steelers, I like what they did this past draft. But Adams is a big question mark for them so far.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer has made me a believer this year... Hopefully there is a way to keep him and still get OL help in FA. I think it can be done.

RT is a definite need, but FA is too expensive to fill that position....and honestly, the good ones don't even hit FA. If we're keeping Spencer, then RT will have to be addressed in the draft and I think that's where we need to spend one of our Top 2 picks.

------------------------------------

RG is in need of an upgrade. We took a chance on 2 cheap OG signings last year and logic told us that probably only one of them would really kinda work. The "kinda work" guy so far has been Livings. Bernadeau hasn't been a strength so far and I don't want to blame that on Free, though that could be a real reason. RG is where I think adding a veteran FA would help us out the most. Plus it would be cost effective in comparison with other FA positions of need. Plus, veterans have a better ability to step in right away and make an impact. I don't think we need a Carl Nicks type talent, but hopefully we can get a certain upgrade. Mackenzy really is more of a versatile depth guy.

The one guy in FA that I think could really boost this OL is Brandon Moore. He's been a long time RG for the Jets and already knows Callahan's schematics. He would bring instant leadership to an OL desperately in need of it as Moore is one of the more respected Guards in the NFL. He could fit our salary limitations too since he's already 33 years old and probably won't command a crazy contract. Don't let his age fool you too much though, Moore isn't slowing down. I think he could be a nice stop gap while we develop some youngin's.

Deep down, I really think that as long as Garrett is here, Costa will be the starter if healthy. I don't foresee ANY pick up in FA at C. With Cook, Bernadeau and Arkin all taking reps at C, I don't see us adding to that pot with a veteran FA. There could be a slight chance in the draft that we go there and that's what I'm hoping for. This year's draft class is really intriguing with Center talent with the influx of Guards spending more time taking Center snaps... Barrett Jones, Jonathan Cooper, Travis Frederick for example.

At LG, I think Livings will continue to keep his job going into next season.

At LT, Tyron Smith is locked up. He's got all the talent, but he's got to cut down on the penalties. Building up that kind of reputation is the last thing he needs.

In the end:
LT - Smith
LG - Livings
C - Costa / hopefully somewhere find value in the draft.
RG - FA
RT - Round 1 or 2 need.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I could live with that next year on the OL. I still would like for us to try and find another center somewhere in the 5th or so.

Here's a name to think about. Patrick Lewis, C - Texas A&M. Go watch some of the clips from the Alabama game. He has anchored that A&M OL for a couple of years and he did a great job on Jessie Williams.

-Douglas MacArthur