Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-07-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's like Robert Griffin in Colt McCoy's body with Tim Tebow's brain and Johnny Unitas' arm....or at least the poor man's version of all that.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Now I know who's running style he reminds me of, that clumsy wobbly speed just like Doug flutie. Just doesn't have the arm like Doug

You're the second person I've heard describe his playing style as similar to Doug Flutie.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he can't make it as an NFL QB, he can still excel as a white WR where his grit and love of the game will produce one hell of a possession receiver and chain-mover.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnny and I are just hoping that Joeckel and Matthews decide to stay for their senior years... dear ******* god let it happen.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Johnny and I are just hoping that Joeckel and Matthews decide to stay for their senior years... dear ******* god let it happen.
You would know more about what goes on in College Station than the rest of us but it's extremely unlikely that those two big tackles will return.

As for the game against Bama it's hard to judge a guy against that level of defense but i would think it'll be a long day for their QB there.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
msteele617
Rookie

msteele617 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A&M has started to become a recognizing force in the SEC??
msteele617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's a (future) Heisman trophy candidate but I really don't know how he'll respond to losing two elite OTs, either this year or next.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I promised one of my closest friends, who's an A&M grad, that i'd stop talking **** to him if A&M beat Bama, so i hope Bama kills em.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has better QB skills than Jake Locker

However, his arm sucks.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:43 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIHF1EwsUQ

this makes me happy...my fav player ever
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
He has better QB skills than Jake Locker

However, his arm sucks.
I'm sure he'd sign off on being the 8th pick in the draft, now.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ty Detmer.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Ty Detmer.
He's more athletic than Detmer. And I bet Manziel has a stronger arm too.
Also Detmer was making plays in the old WAC, not the SEC. And he sure as heck wasn't doing this as a freshman.

Saban also compared Manziel's style of play to Doug Flutie before the game.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll draft Johnny Football immediately. Let him enter right now.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
I'll draft Johnny Football immediately. Let him enter right now.
Why, do you need a WR? just kidding (sort of)
Old 11-10-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

He runs like... like I don't even know. His arm is good too. Need to see more.

I have a feeling the ALABAMA game might put him on IMMEDIATE household name/2013 Heisman front-runner level.

But let's discuss him as an NFL QB (or something else) prospect.

OK go.
I was way off. It put him on IMMEDIATE 2012 Heisman front-runner level.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JFF is the best. I can't really add anything else, it's just science. A cOmbonation of Fergie and Jesus.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
He's more athletic than Detmer. And I bet Manziel has a stronger arm too.
Him and McCarron are about on par with one another in terms of arm strength.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
He ain't Johnny ****ing Football against a defense like LSU's, that's for damn sure. He could barely complete 50% of his passes and threw 3 INT's... no TD's. Held to about 1.5 YPC and had 17 of 'em.

He'll need more than a catchy nickname to save his ass come Saturday in Bryant-Denny...

How my ass taste?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bruschis4all
Veteran

bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bruschis4all is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
He's like Robert Griffin in Colt McCoy's body with Tim Tebow's brain and Johnny Unitas' arm....or at least the poor man's version of all that.
He's damn near as good as Mike Trout. Oh, this is the football board. Never mind.
bruschis4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruschis4all View Post
He's damn near as good as Mike Trout. Oh, this is the football board. Never mind.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say he isn't as fast as Trout, doesn't have as good an arm and can't hit a breaking ball as well either.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manziel played a hell of a game yesterday. I have to give him props. Dude is like trying to catch a squirrel high on methamphetamine. Will probably end up in the discussion as the best dual threat quarterback we've ever seen in the SEC by the time his career at A&M is wrapped up.

Johnny Football it is...
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHL6719 View Post
Manziel played a hell of a game yesterday. I have to give him props. Dude is like trying to catch a squirrel high on methamphetamine. Will probably end up in the discussion as the best dual threat quarterback we've ever seen in the SEC by the time his career at A&M is wrapped up.

Johnny Football it is...
Not trying to start an arguement, but wouldn't Manziel need to win 2 national titles and a Heisman to be the best dual threat QB in SEC history.

Don't get me wrong, kid looks great thus far. I wish him and A&M nothing but the best!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

I just read Bucky Brooks weekly column and he did the one thing that irks me more than anything else - he took Manziel and said he was the QB of the future. Nothing really annoys me more than this. I really do think Manziel is amazing and exciting but when people start talking how a mobile QB is going to revolutionize the position - much like they did with Vick, Vince Young, Newton and most recently Griffin it pisses me off and shows how little the so called experts know.

I think 90% of people on this site would agree that the best QBs at the pro-level will always be those who can stay within the pocket. Having the ability to move within the pocket while keeping their eyes down field is what makes or breaks a QB in the NFL. Mobility while nice to have is not necessary - driving the ball down the field making accurate throws consistently is the key to success at the pro level.

Sorry for the rant. Johnny Football is a great football player but it just irks me that people bring out this same stale argument every year. Props once again to Brent as one of the first if not the first to bring him up on this site.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I think 90% of people on this site would agree that the best QBs at the pro-level will always be those who can stay within the pocket.
QBs need to excel at throwing the ball from the pocket, but with pass rushers becoming increasingly more valuable, a QB that can get away (by sliding and by running) becomes increasingly more valuable.

No QB will succeed (long term) without being proficient as a passer, from the pocket and elsewhere.

Due to injuries, there will likely never be a guy to become what Vick would have been with better passing abilities. He'll just miss too many games.