Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-03-2012, 01:33 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Angels lose both of them it will sting a little bit. Dodgers bring back Haren to the NL west? With the way they have shown they will spend nothing will surprise me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Greinke would render everything pointless. They pretty much have to bring him back now, and with how much money they freed up it better get done.

Then can add another SP via FA for cheaper for a short term deal + a bullpen arm or 2. Sounds like they are fine with going with an OF of Trout/Bourjos/Trumbo, which works for me. Trumbo sucks in the OF, but with Trout/Bourjos out there he shouldn't have to cover more than 5 ft to his right and left. I think he can manage that
Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should put Trumbo in Center so that they can cover his ass on flyballs. He's going to become irrelevant.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
They should put Trumbo in Center so that they can cover his ass on flyballs. He's going to become irrelevant.
Meh, Idk if a guy who is going to hit 30-35 home runs will be irrelevant?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-07-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mets released Jason Bay!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mets released Jason Bay!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

more Upton trade rumors etc

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Meh, Idk if a guy who is going to hit 30-35 home runs will be irrelevant?
I just meant in the field.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Blue Jays getting Jeremy Jefress. If, and that's a huge if, he can lay off the weed and get his control in check, dude could be an amazing closer/set up guy.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
more Upton trade rumors etc
why did he have a down season last year? me thinks the money got to him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
why did he have a down season last year? me thinks the money got to him.
ya he was quite a fatty to start the season and then he had the wrist problem for a better part of the year

Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god... my god... Bryce Harper won the freaking ROTY award. my god... my god...
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dodgers bid 25.7m for Ryu's right? WTF..
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
My god... my god... Bryce Harper won the freaking ROTY award. my god... my god...
what's wrong with that?
Old 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Wade Miley was much better

Old 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Dodgers bid 25.7m for Ryu's right? WTF..
I really dont know much about him, when I first read that story I figured it was for the 19 year old phenom but this is a different cat. They dont have to pay that if he doesnt sign with the team, though.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really dont know much about him, when I first read that story I figured it was for the 19 year old phenom but this is a different cat. They dont have to pay that if he doesnt sign with the team, though.
There are varying opinions on him, but he is often regarded as the best pitcher in Korea. He is only 26 and has put on some big performances on stages like the WBC. I've read a lot of reports that say he will be a very solid inning eating #3 LHSP, while those who are low on him (like Keith Law) view him as a bullpen guy. The Dodgers can definitely use the pitching and I'm hoping they can still land Otani (the 18 y/o phenom guy).
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Wade Miley was much better
Nah, it was close. The voting showed it to
Old 11-12-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
There are varying opinions on him, but he is often regarded as the best pitcher in Korea. He is only 26 and has put on some big performances on stages like the WBC. I've read a lot of reports that say he will be a very solid inning eating #3 LHSP, while those who are low on him (like Keith Law) view him as a bullpen guy. The Dodgers can definitely use the pitching and I'm hoping they can still land Otani (the 18 y/o phenom guy).
You're a dodger fan??

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're a dodger fan??
Yea I live in LA. For some reason I just became a Celtics fan when I was really young and stuck with it. I wasn't a big baseball fan until around middle school, so when that happened I naturally became a dodger fan.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea I live in LA. For some reason I just became a Celtics fan when I was really young and stuck with it. I wasn't a big baseball fan until around middle school, so when that happened I naturally became a dodger fan.
Interesting, L.A. and Boston dont usually mix haha.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
From what I've seen, I'd say that Ryu projects as a mid rotation starter at best. He is your typical finessy lefty. Doesn't have a good fastball, but he does have good secondary pitches
Old 11-12-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
From what I've seen, I'd say that Ryu projects as a mid rotation starter at best. He is your typical finessy lefty. Doesn't have a good fastball, but he does have good secondary pitches
Jason Vargas?

Quote:
Old 11-12-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

not a bad comp, though Vargas is a pretty big flyball pitcher. No clue what Ryu projects as being.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Yea I've read he doesn't have a great fastball (low 90s), but he apparently has really good control and some late action on that fastball.