Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I really don't think our D has a shot against their offense. And I don't trust this team to score as much as they should. It'd be incredible though.
Their D is just as bad. Lets not forget they lost to the cardinals and we did beat the packers. At this point how we are playing I think it will be a close game and will be shocked if we get blown out.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losses by the Chargers & Dolphins put us two games up on the teams outside of the playoff picture. Assuming we don't collapse against the average teams on the schedule, think we got a playoff birth here.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloutboy14 View Post
Losses by the Chargers & Dolphins put us two games up on the teams outside of the playoff picture. Assuming we don't collapse against the average teams on the schedule, think we got a playoff birth here.
Let's not get hasty.

We still have a tough schedule ahead.

Titans and Bills both looked good today.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Let's not get hasty.

We still have a tough schedule ahead.

Titans and Bills both looked good today.
CMon now, it is okay to be a little excited. Don't be afraid of the bills. If anything the bills doing well gives me hope against the Pats.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
CMon now, it is okay to be a little excited. Don't be afraid of the bills. If anything the bills doing well gives me hope against the Pats.
Agreed. I don't think we will miss the playoffs. Unless we really screw the pooch down the stretch.

We have:
@Pats
Bills
@Lions
Titans
@Houston
KC
Houston

Bolded games are games we can and should win. We should be 9-7 at least to finish the season. Also, even if we lose early in the playoffs, the sheer experience of it will go a long way for our rookies and young players.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:47 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, just a curious question for mock drafts. How different is a SS for a FS? Could the Colts draft Eric Reid to replace Zbikowski?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though Reid is listed as a FS he plays like an NFL SS. I'm not sure it'd be my first choice, as there are bigger needs (even though I don't like Zbikowski as a starter). But if that is the direction Grigs went I wouldn't be too upset about it. He plays in the box a lot and likes to hit people. I've wanted an enforcer at the SS spot since the downfall of Sanders.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy birthday Reggie Wayne! May you catch one (one yard) pass tomorrow (in the early first quarter, preferably not a first down, definitely not a touchdown, against Kyle Arrington.)
Old 11-18-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots/Colts preview:

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012/...ek-eleven.html

Should be a good game. The Colts actually have a decent chance if they can score first and disrupt Brady in the pocket. Andrew Luck is the type of quarterback New England struggles against the most (anyone who can break contain and is willing to throw downfield.)
Old 11-18-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With this special teams, the more things change the more they stay the same.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Yeaaaah, this game got out of hand quickly.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, a humbling loss.

But I did like what our offensive rookies showed today, including Brazill.

If only we can have the same success drafting Defense next year as we did drafting offense last year.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:18 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Well, a humbling loss.

But I did like what our offensive rookies showed today, including Brazill.

If only we can have the same success drafting Defense next year as we did drafting offense last year.
Yeah I'm optimistic about the offense. Going into Foxboro is always going to be hard. T.Y. Hilton looked phenomenal and Brazil also got some plays. Our offense looks good, and I'm not sure the score showed how close the game was. Not that it was really close, but we didn't get blown away.

And I concur, draft needs to go towards our defense. I for one would like to get a SS to pair up next to Bethea, a NT, a pass rusher, and a corner. I have faith in Grigson. It may be blind, but it is faith.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:

Last edited by RCAChainGang : 11-26-2012 at 03:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Yeah I'm optimistic about the offense. Going into Lambeau is always going to be hard. T.Y. Hilton looked phenomenal and Brazil also got some plays. Our offense looks good, and I'm not sure the score showed how close the game was. Not that it was really close, but we didn't get blown away.

And I concur, draft needs to go towards our defense. I for one would like to get a SS to pair up next to Bethea, a NT, a pass rusher, and a corner. I have faith in Grigson. It may be blind, but it is faith.
Our offense looked good at times. 4 turnovers will always kill you (especially 2 returned for touchdowns) and another leading to a score on their first play. 4 turnovers gave them 21 points and definitely in some cases took Colts points off the board.

The line was inconsistent (sometimes blocking for big pass plays and long runs while at other times having someone in the backfield whenever the Colts snapped the ball). Part of it was on the snap count. The Pats worked it out way too quickly and basically knew when the Colts were going to snap it.

Defensively, we actually did well stopping the run. Take the end around out and they were left with a 2.8 run pc. We just couldn't get pass rush. Now part of that will fall on Freeney, Mathis and Hughes (and also on good work by their Tackles) but a lot of it has to fall on the the D-Line who couldn't force anything. In the 3-4 you need your 5 Techs to disrupt the Tackles (allowing the OLB free reign) and/or penetrate the pocket. Last night they did neither.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

The loss isn't as bad as the score reflects. 2 pick 6's and a special teams touchdown. They will be ready to come swinging at buffalo and make a push for that final wild card spot. The way the texans played yesterday I think we have a good shot at beating them at Lucas Oil

Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Why do you guys keep saying "last wild card spot".

Right now we are 5th, ahead of Steeelers.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see it as it doesn't matter much which spot we get, whether 5 or 6. We're neck and next with 5 and ahead a game on the Bengals for 6. So its easier to say we're a game up on making the playoffs, since at this point, just getting in is the accomplishment.

I kind of want to play the Broncos most in the playoffs, assuming we get there. Just to see the defensive veterans have a chance to play against Peyton in a real game. I could see the Ravens/Steelers reeling from injuries and therefore beatable.

Last edited by falloutboy14 : 11-19-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Man, Zbikoswki, you are SOO STUPID!!!!
Old 11-25-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Glad we won, but it was very sloppy.

The way we dominated them through 3 quarters, they shouldn't have had a chance to come back at the end.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The redzone offense needs serious, serious work this offseason. As in throw it out and start over.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-28-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chapman has landed on IR. I think it's a good move if he's not close to being ready. We wont' find out if he's an able player till next training camp. Killswitch is right about our offensive point production. We're a top 7 offense for yardage yet in the bottom third scoring wise. Our defense is near the bottom as well though the points allowed skews that. We've for the most part beaten average to poor teams this year while losing to good teams.I think that's maximizing the roster moves Grigson made and we've been really lucky to have so many rookies on offense play above expectations. I was pissed that we didn't draft move for defense this year, but I think the management can adjust that for next year with our higher end draft choices and free agency to a certain degree. We're ahead of the curve in year one and currently slated 5th playoff seeding wise which reflects how poor overall the conference is.

Fleener should be back this week to play at Detroit. Think with him and Allen on the field we should be able to stretch our their defense. Might need a lot of points this week.

Who'd thought we'd be optimistic heading into Week 13?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Fleener being back will allow Allen to block more. It should allow Luck more time to throw than he had vs. the Bills.

The OL better make sure Suh doesn't pull any anger management ******** on Luck.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-02-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

On my way to hospital from ulcer/heart attack combo, great win by the Colts. Luck had some crap plays but is so clutch it's sick.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-02-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

FYI I am being facetious. I didn't have an ulcer or heart attack, I was just commenting on the stressful nature of the end of that game. I don't think I communicated that well.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-02-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

That was a fairly exciting game.

The one thing I'll take away from this game is we appear to be borderline unstoppable when we need a score with under 3 minutes to go. I hope that Luck will get a lot more control of the offense as time on, because we are deadly in the 45 second offense. I believe I heard during the game that Luck leads the league in passes over 20 yards or something.