Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 04:41 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I don't think you waste a 1st on a RB simply not where the value is(unless it's an elite RB like AD or Richardson)

I ******* love your DL, well 3/4 of it anyways, once Brockers is back...my god. I can easily see everyone in the division winning 7 or more games and I personally think you have a better overall team than the Seahawks
Thanks bro, I can definitely see each team in this division being really solid as well. I love each defense..........And I'm pretty sure Brockers played tonight, at least I know he played last game vs Seattle and I hadn't heard of any set backs.

I'm not really in love with selecting an RB in the first round either, honestly my dream scenario at least right now would be....Sign William Moore in Free Agency, use your two 1st rounders on Luke Joeckel and Chance Warmack and then your 2nd rounder on Knile Davis.

Good luck the rest of the way. Looks like it's going to be a really competitive division really soon.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 10-05-2012 at 04:43 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How ‘bout that defense!? Man, that was a heck of a showing on primetime television for the world to see. The Rams sent a message to the league, one that proclaimed the Jeff Fisher era has not only begun but spells a tough game for any team that’s on the schedule this year. Win or lose, you can count on this defense to make it tough if not thoroughly painful for their opposition.

As for Jackson, I guess better to do it this way than to simply release him outright due to a contract issue and give everyone a bad taste in their mouth. Of course, I guess that's still an option if he decides not to void the contract and the Rams don't want to pay his salary. Still, my hope is that he and the team negotiate a deal that is (1) reasonable in terms of price and cap figure while (2) allowing him to retire a Ram.

I have no interest at this point in an early-round running back. Lattimore scares me after the injury, and the Rams just spent a second round pick on Pead so it's too soon to go back to the well IMO unless the value is incredible. If Jackson does leave, find someone to compliment Richardson and Pead and go with a committee until something better is available.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't remember the last time the Rams showed up to play this kind of a physical game. They made a lot of mistakes, but that is very much to be expected with the youngest team in the league. I don't expect them to win every game this year, but they will not lose games rolling over.

As far as Jackson is concerned, he is clearly past his prime. He looks tired on most plays and it is most evident when you see how much more burst Richardson has when he runs the ball. I do hope we keep his for another year or two because I think he has been the one stability this franchise has been able to count on through all these futile years, but not if it means paying him top dollar.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knock knock..... Where is everyone? 11 Days since a visit here?
Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Knock knock..... Where is everyone? 11 Days since a visit here?
Well, I can only speak for myself and I am still licking my wounds from the debacle in Miami.

We outgained them and beat them in most every statistical category and still found a way to lose the game. Arrghh...

At any rate this week's game against your Pack is looking like another tough one for us. Fortunately we have played our best ball at home but the Packers looked almost invincible by wiping the field with the previously undefeated Texans.

How wonderful that Rodgers and co. start peeking just in time to play the Rams....

We will have to force a lot of turnovers to have a chance. Unfortunately the Rams have forced only ONE fumble all year long. This has gotta change or we are going to take some more beatings.

Here's hoping for an injury free and well officiated game....With a huge Rams win, of course!!
Old 10-17-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said at the beginning of the year that I thought the Rams would win 5 or 6 games, and that what I really wanted to see from them was more competitiveness. So for them to be 3-3 after 6 games and having only lost one game by more than 4 points, I'll take that. The loss to Miami stung, yeah, but those are the kind of losses that help build strong young teams.

One thing that was really positive in that game was seeing Bradford be really productive without Amendola. I think Amendola's injury makes Bradford a better QB, and also pushes the other receivers to step up their game. Gibson, Givens and Kendricks all had solid games, which is nice to see. I would like to see Quick and Pead get more involved as well. Between the two of them they have done next to nothing this year. Granted, they are rookies who came in with fairly high expectations, but we are getting towards midseason and it's time to start grasping the system and putting it on the field.

Defensively, I couldn't be happier. We are 5th in the league in points allowed, 7th in total yards, 13th against the run, 7th against the pass. Those are wholesale improvements over past years where we were at the bottom of the list in nearly every category. We just need to start scoring more and finishing games where we win in every other facet.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your defense is fantastic this year, as evidenced by the stats above.
But did you know this about last year:

In the Packers 15 wins last year, the Rams are the team who held them to the fewest amount of points in any of those wins?

We only scored 24 on you guys.
And you're better now with the antagonistic Cortland Finnegan, and we're still worse off than last year as we're missing Jennings, and J-Mike sucks now.

I see the refs & good/bad bounces being the deciding factor in this one.

The Packers have gone: L, W, L, W, L, W...... you do the math LOL
Old 10-23-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finnegan4Lyfe!!!

Silly E:60 making me miss Finny.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it possible that St. Louis would draft two offensive tackles in the first round this year? I read that the Rams were considering moving Rodger Saffold inside to guard, and their current tackles are terrible (Wayne Hunter, Barry Richardson, Joseph Barksdale.) The wide receiver corps seems to have some promising young players, so I'm not sure where else they'd really look.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Is it possible that St. Louis would draft two offensive tackles in the first round this year? I read that the Rams were considering moving Rodger Saffold inside to guard, and their current tackles are terrible (Wayne Hunter, Barry Richardson, Joseph Barksdale.) The wide receiver corps seems to have some promising young players, so I'm not sure where else they'd really look.
Well, considering the fact that Jeff Fisher has NEVER drafted even ONE offensive lineman in the first round after 16+ years in the NFL, I think the answer to your question is a resounding NO.

I don't know where you are hearing that the Rams are considering moving Saffold inside at guard. From what I have heard is that Fish likes Saffold's athleticism and he wants to keep him at LT. The major concern with Saffold at this point is his health. This year's injury makes it two years in a row that he has failed to stay healthy.

NTM we have some decent young prospects to compete for guard including Shelley Smith who has looked decent so far.

I really believe the Rams will stick with last years script and go offense/defense or defense/offense in the first round. We have too many holes to fill barring some major moves in FA.

At any rate thanks for posting in our forum. I was going to answer you in the mock forum but I think this post will suffice.

Take care and keep the mocks coming...um...mebbe not back to back OL though!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher might of never drafted an offensive lineman in the first round but I'm pretty sure he's never had a group of tackles as terrible as the rams either, so not sure that "stat" about him really tells us anything.

Right now I want a Tackle and either a guard or a defensive lineman.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Oh my...it's already that time of year where fans start eyeballing the standings and considering the what-ifs of the draft! I love it!

You have to think we will be looking at more offensive weapons...a big back to replace Jackson, another TE, and help in the trenches. I would also love to see us draft a stud safety...if our defense has a soft spot it is deep over the middle.

On a side note, how cool would it be if Washington lost out and set us up for a huge trade for the 2nd best QB in the draft again?
Old 11-07-2012, 04:08 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Oh my...it's already that time of year where fans start eyeballing the standings and considering the what-ifs of the draft! I love it!

You have to think we will be looking at more offensive weapons...a big back to replace Jackson, another TE, and help in the trenches. I would also love to see us draft a stud safety...if our defense has a soft spot it is deep over the middle.

On a side note, how cool would it be if Washington lost out and set us up for a huge trade for the 2nd best QB in the draft again?
To bad no Quarterback this year is even close to RG3's level.

We do need to upgrade the safety position though, Mikell has regressed this year and for the life of me I cant figure out why in the hell Craig Dahl is starting over Darian Stewart.

I'm really high on Knile Davis.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:48 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
To bad no Quarterback this year is even close to RG3's level.

We do need to upgrade the safety position though, Mikell has regressed this year and for the life of me I cant figure out why in the hell Craig Dahl is starting over Darian Stewart.

I'm really high on Knile Davis.
While I agree that there is no Luck or RGIII in this year's draft, there are several QB's that will be worthy of a 1st round pick and, as usual, they will likely go quickly. I think that KC, Jacksonville and Cleveland all end up in the top 5 and take QB's. Should Washington end up around 5 or 6, we would be in a great place to trade down with the next tier of needy teams, assuming there is a QB that teams are interested in.

Matt Barkley, Geno Smith and Tyler Wilson all jump out as top tier players, not necessarily in that order. Then you have a few others...maybe Landry Jones, maybe E.J. Manuel? The combine and pro days can make things change quickly. Also, who will come out early? Tyler Bray? Aaron Murray? If there are 4 or 5 legitimate QB's that are perceived as "franchise" players, and 3 of them are off the board right away, we could be sitting in a really nice spot if we have the right slot. I am obviously speculating...a lot has to happen between now and then. For all I know Washington goes on a tear and this is all moot. It sure is fun though:-)

One player that I am starting to look at is Jarvis Jones. Some people are calling him greatly overrated. Is he overrated or is he unfairly being compared to Von Miller? There are a lot of really good linebackers that are not Von Miller. It looks to me like he is a very good all-around OLB with a lot of speed and a knack for being around the ball. Strikes me as a Fisher-kind-of-guy, and a perfect compliment to Laurinitis.

Knile Davis...I haven't seen Arkansas play this year. If I remember correctly, didn't he have a horrible knee injury last year? He is very intriguing...he definitely has a burst and great vision. Nice hands out of the backfield as well. Has problems with ball security, at least in this game against Texas A&M, where he fumbled 3 times (lost the last one). What round do you see him going in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRLW_EbJcUg
Old 11-10-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
A big 'back to compliment Richardson/Pead would be nice, but shouldn't be a big priority. This team can probably find a free agent or a late round/UDFA to fill that situational role.

A weapon at the tight end position would be nice, especially in the red zone. Kendricks so far has not become that weapon. I'm not quite ready to cut bait with him, but exploring options at the position wouldn't hurt.

Help in the trenches is a must. The left side of this line is very weak, though we'll have to see how things look once Saffold returns. Still, Luke Joeckel is looking pretty tempting right now, and could be available for the Rams if one of their picks (either their own or Washington's) ends up being in the Top Five. Some help at left guard and right tackle should be strongly considered as well.

Some fans around the 'net seem to be promoting more DL help. With three first-round picks starting on the line and a moderately expensive free agent in Langford, I just don't see much need there. The line needs to play more consistently, but we have other areas to address.

I'm still not convinced this team has a legitimate/consistent outside weapon at wide receiver; Givens is showing flashes but needs to be more consistent; Quick can barely get on the field. After using two picks at the position last year, perhaps the veteran route would be a better way to consider this offseason rather than use another pick at the position. A lot of fans are eying Greg Jennings, but something there is making me nervous.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:30 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

....a TIE!?!?!?!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I hate the feeling I have had all day...a friggin tie! How miserable...it's going to mess with the playoffs, draft order, my mind...it just isn't right:-(

I agree that we don't need to spend heavily on another back. This draft is short on studs anyway. What can tend to happen in a draft with no superstars at a given position, though, is that you can find value in lower rounds. I would love it if we could find this year's Robert Turbin. He hasn't produced heavily yet, and the game still seems very fast for him, but I think the Seahawks found a really good one in him.

I agree that we still need that outside weapon at WR, as well as another guy to develop as a strong, dependable receiver on intermediate routes. I also agree that this is not the year to go out and draft another guy. I think they will give this crop another year to step it up and develop continuity. Besides that, between Marquise Lee, Austin Hill and Sammy Watkins, the best receivers in the land are all a year away from coming out.

Luke Joeckel is the guy that everyone is talking about at LT...I'll be honest, I haven't seen him much. He appears to be really sound technically, and very nimble for such a big guy. Is he the next Joe Thomas? If so, I'm all in. It could be one of those deals where we move Saffold to the right side and address two positions in one move.

It's hard to believe that our pass protection this year could be worse than last, but Bradford is on pace for over 40 sacks this season. A mauler at LG that has decent passblocking skills is also a must.

I don't see a need for a huge investment on the defensive line nearly as much as I would like to see a real player at OLB. Someone with speed , instincts, athleticism, and a nose for the ball. Someone like...wait for it...Dion Jordan. He is very good in coverage as well.

All in all, I have to say that I have seen a lot of progress this year, and we are getting about what I thought we would. Still a lot of errors, mostly mental. We are the youngest team in the league and the only thing that can erase that is experience. I am actually really happy that we aren't sitting at 7-2 right now. Really young teams that have success right away always seem to miss a lot of important lessons along the way and crumble in year 2. While we aren't playing pretty and the wins aren't stacking up, we have been very competitive in most games, save for New England, Green Bay and Chicago, all playoff teams. We beat Arizona to start their implosion. I thought we would win 5 or 6 games this year and be much more competitive than last, and it appears as though that is what we are getting.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
....a TIE!?!?!?!
Weird. I know. You guys deserved to win that game. The 49ers played really flat a good amount in the game and I underestimated how well Bradford and Amendola could play. Jenkins and Givens didn't even play. Should be interesting in the next matchup in three weeks.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Sitting around the house really bored, I decided to do my first Rams Mock-offseason of the year. at 4-6-1 I think the Rams end up with a pick somewhere in the 12-16 range. I also think the Redskins finish with a pick somewhere around the same location.

Key Re-signings:
Danny Amendola WR
Bradley Fletcher CB

Free agent Signings:

1. Mike Wallace WR

- The big Free agent signing that Rams fans have been waiting for ever since Torry Holt left the team five years ago. The signing of Wallace gives Sam a legit #1 receiver and a top four of Wallace, Amendola, Givens and Quick looks pretty promising for the future. Wallace has been looking for that mega deal, and I think the Rams need to give him just that. We'll probably overpay for him, but it's to the point now where I don't really care, I'm sick and tired of seeing Brandon Gibson and Austin Pettis play way more than they actually should.

2. Glenn Dorsey DT

- It was already reported earlier in the year that the Chiefs had no desire in bringing the former first round selection back after this season. The signing should come relatively cheap so I think the Rams should jump all over it. It was always said that he'd be much better in a 43 playing d-tackle than in a 34. A rotation of Brockers, Langford, Dorsey would really solidify our run defense.

2013 NFL Draft:

1st Round - Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M
- I'm a big big fan of his, and with his bloodlines it's just really hard for me seeing him fail at the next level, I think as far as offensive Lineman go, he's the safest one in the draft. And I do still think Rodger Saffold can be a good Left tackle, but kicking him to the right side and have two good/great tackles is something this team needs.

1st Round - Chance Warmack OG, Alabama
- I wasn't going to do this, but it's just to sexy to pass up. Adding Matthews and Warmack to that struggling Offensive Line, and you've finally solidified that group. No more horrendous Guard play, no more Barry Richardson, no more Wayne Hunter.

2nd Round - C.J. Mosley LB, Alabama
3rd Round - Stepfon Taylor RB, Stanford
4th Round - Tony Jefferson S, Oklahoma
5th Round - Cornellius Carradine DE, Florida State
6th Round - Branden Smith CB, Georgia
7th Round - TJ Moe WR, Missouri

Again, this is just a mock, I know a lot of things are going to change in the next five months.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
ramsrule
Rookie

ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ramsrule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be opposed to The Fisher King taking two OL in the first round, though as someone pointed out, he is not known for taking OL that high. What Rams really need are safeties, however. Not sure what draft or F/A market looks like, but that is an area that they are very weak at. OLB could be an option as well but I would wait until second or third round. I could also see the Rams taking a tight end early. Even if Kendricks does pan out, that position is becoming more important and teams that feature two talented tight ends are very good (See forty niners and patriots).

I am not ready to give up on Quick. There are several instances where wrs do not begin to hit their strides until their second or third years. Givens looks like a keeper and with Dynamic Danny, they should have a very underrated corps next season.

I would not be surprised to see Rams deal either Gibson or Pettis. I would dangle one of them and/or a late draft choice to Chicago for Bush. Rams will need a big back next year. Not sure if Ganaway will be ready or talented enough.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Sitting around the house really bored, I decided to do my first Rams Mock-offseason of the year. at 4-6-1 I think the Rams end up with a pick somewhere in the 12-16 range. I also think the Redskins finish with a pick somewhere around the same location.

Key Re-signings:
Danny Amendola WR
Bradley Fletcher CB

Free agent Signings:

1. Mike Wallace WR

- The big Free agent signing that Rams fans have been waiting for ever since Torry Holt left the team five years ago. The signing of Wallace gives Sam a legit #1 receiver and a top four of Wallace, Amendola, Givens and Quick looks pretty promising for the future. Wallace has been looking for that mega deal, and I think the Rams need to give him just that. We'll probably overpay for him, but it's to the point now where I don't really care, I'm sick and tired of seeing Brandon Gibson and Austin Pettis play way more than they actually should.

2. Glenn Dorsey DT

- It was already reported earlier in the year that the Chiefs had no desire in bringing the former first round selection back after this season. The signing should come relatively cheap so I think the Rams should jump all over it. It was always said that he'd be much better in a 43 playing d-tackle than in a 34. A rotation of Brockers, Langford, Dorsey would really solidify our run defense.

2013 NFL Draft:

1st Round - Jake Matthews OT, Texas A&M
- I'm a big big fan of his, and with his bloodlines it's just really hard for me seeing him fail at the next level, I think as far as offensive Lineman go, he's the safest one in the draft. And I do still think Rodger Saffold can be a good Left tackle, but kicking him to the right side and have two good/great tackles is something this team needs.

1st Round - Chance Warmack OG, Alabama
- I wasn't going to do this, but it's just to sexy to pass up. Adding Matthews and Warmack to that struggling Offensive Line, and you've finally solidified that group. No more horrendous Guard play, no more Barry Richardson, no more Wayne Hunter.

2nd Round - C.J. Mosley LB, Alabama
3rd Round - Stepfon Taylor RB, Stanford
4th Round - Tony Jefferson S, Oklahoma
5th Round - Cornellius Carradine DE, Florida State
6th Round - Branden Smith CB, Georgia
7th Round - TJ Moe WR, Missouri

Again, this is just a mock, I know a lot of things are going to change in the next five months.
I have always had a hard time grading prospects early, but, as you guys know, I love the draft, and it is never too early for me to start talking about it.

While I love the idea of taking two offensive linemen in the 1st round, I don't see it happening. I think it is more likely that Boudreau gets fired and we bring in a new line coach, and draft linemen on day 2/3. I also think we very well could trade out of the 1st round with one of our picks.

All things considered, if it were my draft and I had to make it today with the picks we have set in stone, I would probably do something like this...

1) Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon. Jordan is a complete freak of nature at 6'7" and 240 with a huge wingspan and fantastic speed. His size will likely allow him to drop to the teens, but I see him filling out to the 250-260 range. He is a fantastic athlete, who does many things well and is really good at recognition and adapting to audibles. He is also very good in coverage, which will become a trend in the NFL as TE's continue to be more involved in the passing game.

1) Eric Reid, S, LSU. I think one thing everyone can agree on is that we have a huge hole in the middle of our secondary where a stud safety would fit perfectly. Reid fits the spot well. He has decent size, good speed and has played very well against top competition.

2) Tavon Austin, WR/KR, West Virginia. Austin is a smaller receiver, and there will be questions about him being durable at the next level, but he is electrifying in the open field, and just what the Rams need in the return game. This would directly help Amendola to stay on the field more, and I think he is a better returner anyway. He also has the ability to make things happen in the passing game, on reverses, etc. Reminds me of DeSean Jackson.

3) Brian Winters, OT, Kent St. This guy has all the tools and tangibles that you look for. His biggest shortcoming is the level of competition he has played against. That being said, Fisher is known for drafting small school players.

4) LeVeon Bell, RB, Michigan St. Bell is big and physical, but light on his feet for a guy who is pushing 250. Would complement Richardson and Pead well, and is decent in the passing game.

5) Mark Jackson, G, Glenville St. Another small school guy. Played LT in college, but will likely move inside at the next level. Decent size (6'6", 320) and plays with a real nasty streak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8NTcc0Va20

6) Travis Carrie, CB, Ohio. Had open heart surgery in high school, and knew there was a possibility he would never play again. Was overlooked by colleges due to missing his junior year of high schools. Doctors say there is no risk of further heart problems. Seems like the kind of kid you don't want to bet against.

7) Ja'Gared Davis, OLB, SMU. A smaller, quick OLB who has room to beef up. Very athletic, always around the ball. Likely a developmental/ST player.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I love the first three picks you got, and I'm a big Bell fan. Not sure Jordan's best spot is in the 43 but he's so versatile that I think it could work. I absolutely love Tavon Austin, probably as much as I loved TY Hilton and Alshon Jeffery last year. Talk about a playmaker, Austin reminds me somewhere between a Percy Harvin and a Dexter McCluster.

Anyone watch the Alabama/Georgia game today? three great prospects in that game, Eddie Lacy is probably a 2nd/3rd round pick, and TJ Yeldon RB and Amari Cooper WR are two monsters
Old 12-01-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

A good read on Bradford...

http://www.ramsherd.com/2012-article...wth-curve.html
Old 12-02-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Awesome game today, Our defense got us that win. And watching Chris Givens grow into a really solid nfl wide receiver has been fun.

5-6-1! Now I'm praying for us to stay consistent, to many times in the past we take a step forward and then two steps back.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Awesome game today, Our defense got us that win. And watching Chris Givens grow into a really solid nfl wide receiver has been fun.

5-6-1! Now I'm praying for us to stay consistent, to many times in the past we take a step forward and then two steps back.
I'm not saying this will happen, but...

Our remaining schedule is as follows:

At Buffalo
vs Minnesota
At Tampa Bay
At Seattle

And Seattle's remaining schedule:

vs Arizona
At Buffalo
vs San Francisco
vs St.Louis

Therefore, if we win the next three and Seattle loses one, we could be playing the final game of the year for the wild card.

Now, we have a couple of other teams we would have to leapfrog: Dallas, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and possibly Washington, if they beat the Giants tomorrow night.

We play both Minnesota and Tampa Bay, so wins against those two teams would put us ahead in the standings.

Dallas finishes the season at Washington, so one of those two teams would be below us if we win out.

Dallas also plays at Cincinnati, vs Pittsburgh and vs New Orleans. Definitely a tougher schedule than ours, even though we play 3 of 4 on the road.

Washington also plays vs. Baltimore, at Cleveland and at Philadelphia. The Baltimore game is the toughest of the three, even though it is a home game. And remember, they still need to beat the Giants at home tomorrow to even be in this conversation.

Like I said, I'm not saying this will happen, but if we were to win out we have a really good chance of making the playoffs this year. Not bad from a team that was 3-6-1 a couple of weeks ago!
Closed Thread