Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
How do you fix being terrible?
somehow Beatty did it, maybe he can teach Diehl

#backhandedcompliment
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beatty wasn't terrible. Just injured and inconsistent playing/practice time resulted in poor play it seems. His issues were fixable, clearly.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Beatty wasn't terrible. Just injured and inconsistent playing/practice time resulted in poor play it seems. His issues were fixable, clearly.
and his lack of toughness. Oh, and you're forgetting his biggest flaw to overcome

Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See, I was nice to you after your terrible loss to Kent St and didn't mention that I was right in how overrated Rutgers is.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson isn't terrible I was being to harsh. He's made some really boneheaded plays though. I do agree it is impossible to compare our rooks to other teams because we never play them though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See, I was nice to you after your terrible loss to Kent St and didn't mention that I was right in how overrated Rutgers is.
Meh Kent is actually pretty good and neither of us were arguing we were going to the national championship. We're still in control of our own destiny and 11-1 season with a BCS bowl is a great showing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
i just like teasing you. I did compliment Beatty and have eaten my crow on him being poop because he has turned it around big time and now makes LT less of a need in the offseason.
Quote:
Old 11-13-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson will be fine, still think we'd be much better off if we had drafted Cordy Glenn and stuck him at RT, since then our OL would be really good and Brown, Bradshaw and Scott would've been more than enough to have a strong run game, but Wilson will be fine to. Still been made some dumb mistakes that get rookies in TC's dog house.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Meh Kent is actually pretty good and neither of us were arguing we were going to the national championship. We're still in control of our own destiny and 11-1 season with a BCS bowl is a great showing.
You guys still suck.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
You guys still suck.
And I love you too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I do. We need to save money on the cap and Bradshaw seems like a goner.
I don't see Bradshaw getting a big contract in FA. He could stick around if Coughlin has something to say about it.

I actually wouldn't mind him on the Cowboys sharing carries with Murray.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't see Bradshaw getting a big contract in FA. He could stick around if Coughlin has something to say about it.

I actually wouldn't mind him on the Cowboys sharing carries with Murray.
You don't want Bradshaw. Murray is already injury prone, why would you want another injury prone back backing him up?
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Wilson will be fine, still think we'd be much better off if we had drafted Cordy Glenn and stuck him at RT, since then our OL would be really good and Brown, Bradshaw and Scott would've been more than enough to have a strong run game, but Wilson will be fine to. Still been made some dumb mistakes that get rookies in TC's dog house.
Stephen Hill and Cordy Glenn were my top 2 choices. But I'd be lying to you if I told you I knew Glenn would be this good. I saw him as a RT. He's been lights out at LT so far.

Either way, I was happy with Wilson. I did have him rated pretty high. You gotta give it time, rookies don't contribute to this team.

Everyone wants to see rookies contribute right away, but it's a marathon not a sprint.

Our rookies will be fine. We saw flashes with Wilson and Randle. Those flashes will turn into production in years 2 or 3.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wilson has "flashed", Randle not so much to me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think he's made mistakes like any normal person. How many times has Bradshaw fumbled this year? But he gets chances to redeem himself, Wilson fumbles once and it's 5 games before he sees an offensive touch. I don't see much difference there, young players make mistakes and need chances to learn. If you guys had this same treatment with Cruz last year think of how many big plays you miss out on, because I can think of numerous huge gaffes Cruz made especially to start the season but you stuck with him.

I'll be interested in seeing how much work Brown gets next year along with Wilson, and if Bradshaw returns. Be nice to get a bigger sampling of Wilson to actually see what he can do. If he's getting 15 or so touches a game on offense, I think he provides a huge spark to the offense, but pass blocking, assignments, etc are all just as important as making plays so he's got to put in the work to become a better overall player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Coughlin just hates rookies. Especially rookie RB's who fumble. He loves Bradshaw though.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bradshaw is tough and was productive and quiet when compared to Jacobs. Guy has injuries across the board and yet keeps playing. He has 2 rings so he has more currency or more of a margin to mess up than Brown or Wilson.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wilson besides the fumbling problems has made some mistakes. He dropped that shovel pass and also definitely missed a hole or two he was supposed to hit. I'd still like to see him in the games more though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-14-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but like Gilbride that if Eli checks out of a play Wilson has to be able to understand what's going on. I think that issue is keeping him from seeing more playing time.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Fun stat from the Bengals game:

By an unofficial count, the Giants sent four rushers on 23 of Dalton’s 30 drop-backs. Dalton completed 15 of those passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns. When the Giants sent five or six rushers, Dalton completed 6 of 7 passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

Per Venny Vrentas.

That tells me it's not a simple fix. The issue is coverage. We're not covering well. I think Perry (and this is just a guess) is using his complex zones again, and also a combination of Corey being washed up, Hosely being a rookie going through growing pains, and Kenny getting hurt along with Jacquan getting hurt is just killing our pass coverage right now.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Fun stat from the Bengals game:

By an unofficial count, the Giants sent four rushers on 23 of Daltonís 30 drop-backs. Dalton completed 15 of those passes for 85 yards and two touchdowns. When the Giants sent five or six rushers, Dalton completed 6 of 7 passes for 114 yards and two touchdowns.

Per Venny Vrentas.

That tells me it's not a simple fix. The issue is coverage. We're not covering well. I think Perry (and this is just a guess) is using his complex zones again, and also a combination of Corey being washed up, Hosely being a rookie going through growing pains, and Kenny getting hurt along with Jacquan getting hurt is just killing our pass coverage right now.
Doesn't surprise me at all, really. It's the same thing as last year, before the Jets game. We had played terrible in the defensive backfield for 6-7 games in a row, before the DBs had a players only meeting, went to Fewell and demanded scheme changes, and we won the Super Bowl. Let's hope the same thing happens this year.

The frustrating part is that Fewell didn't seem to learn from last year. He's a typical stubborn, "I am a genious" - coach, who doesn't adjust his schemes to the talent available, at least not until he's forced to do so.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Everyone was a go today except for Bradshaw, Hixon, and Joseph it looks like.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope we can win. Dealing with all the douchebag packers fans that infest the chicagoland area is always easier with a win under our belt. But I can't help but think we'll still lose this one to let Dallas tie the division up. And then turning it on.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Either way wouldn't surprise me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-21-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who took starting reps at RT? If it's Diehl again, we can already mark this one down as a loss.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote