Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 07-23-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2014 Giants Draft Thread

I think it's about time for this.

Rutgers players to keep an eye on this year:

CB Logan Ryan
OLB Khaseem Greene
S Duron Harmon
CB Brandon Jones
WR Mark Harrison
ILB Steve Beauharnais
LONGSHOT WR Brandon Coleman

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Positions that we might be interested in at this time?

OL
DB
WR
LB

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Positions that we might be interested in at this time?

OL
DB
WR
LB
O-Line, O-Line, O-Line.

Even if Beatty and Baas do play well, Diehl and Snee aren't getting any younger. I hope Baas and Beatty do well. It'd allow us to (assuming we'll be picking somewhat later in the draft) to take one of those blue chip guards that will fall in the draft because the position isn't valued highly early in the rounds.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OL - Unless the world goes crazy this'll be our biggest weakness, even though Eli will hide the pass blocking problems.
DL - Gonna need a new DE to groom if the plan isn't to move Kiwi back once Osi's gone, even then Tuck's getting older so adding another high upside but raw DE into the pipeline wouldn't be unwise. DT is still a question mark to.
LB - Need a stud mike, otherwise I like our depth outside
DB - A lot of question marks about who'll still be here in 3 years, so adding another talent to the defensive backfield is probably not a bad call.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Beauharnis is such an awesome thumping LB, but would probably fit best in the middle of a 3-4.

Logan Ryan is the next studly Rutgers corner, but with Webster, Prince and TT, I doubt corner is an early priority. Who're the top OT prospects? Oline, I feel we all agree, should be our #1 concern going into next offseason
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want us to focus on the trenches as it stands today. But who knows what we'll end up with come April. Either way I trust Jerry Reese and Marc Ross. They are awesome at drafting and scouting.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the opportunity presented itself this upcoming draft, I want us to trade up big and get a blue-chip left tackle. I think our roster is pretty stacked with talent all over as it stands right now. We have enough talent at every position other than CB and OL in my opinion. And good CBs can be had in the later rounds.

So what do you think? Say if we pick in the mid-twenties or something like that, and we get an opportunity to trade into the top 10 to get our LT for the future. Do we go for it, knowing it will probably cost us our 1st, 2nd and probably a late rounder as well?

I think we should, if the right guy is available. We have to get better blocking up front. Both for the benefit of the running game, and to protect Eli, as he's going into his mid-thirties.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOGAN RYAN LOGAN RYAN LOGAN RYAN

or Khaseem to eventually replace Boley and Rivers. God that'd be sex.

but yeah, a nice blue chip OL guy would be awesome.

Round 1: Stud OT
Round 2: Corner
Round 3: Khaseem.

perfection
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
OL - Unless the world goes crazy this'll be our biggest weakness, even though Eli will hide the pass blocking problems.
DL - Gonna need a new DE to groom if the plan isn't to move Kiwi back once Osi's gone, even then Tuck's getting older so adding another high upside but raw DE into the pipeline wouldn't be unwise. DT is still a question mark to.
LB - Need a stud mike, otherwise I like our depth outside
DB - A lot of question marks about who'll still be here in 3 years, so adding another talent to the defensive backfield is probably not a bad call.
Would you guys target Anthony Spencer in FA?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Would you guys target Anthony Spencer in FA?
I doubt it. We're tight on cash as it is. We like Tracy and Ojomo enough to keep both on the 53 (5 DE's), will have Tuck and JPP and ever reliable Kiwi could move back there (if we bring him back too).

Maybe on a cheap Martellus type of deal, but I think we draft one round 4 or something to bring in for Tuck's insurance
Quote:
Old 09-10-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

3rd round does sound right for Greene about now.

As of now I'd be fine with any position in the 1st.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-06-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always love the draft but I got to admit the FA signings and re-signings interest me more. Where do we invest? Who is a long term guy and who won't fit the long term model?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

i want that matt elam kid, good lord he's a baller at safety for Florida
Quote:
Old 11-15-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, now that we're more than halfway through the season, I think it's time to identify needs:

On offense, we need:

OG
RT

That's pretty much it. I think we should re-sign Bennett. I think WR is not a need bc Randle steps up in year 2. I also expect us to re-sign both Cruz and Nicks so no worries there. RB is not a need, we have Brown and Wilson for the future. Beatty has surprisingly stepped up at LT and that is not a need at the moment. And we obviously don't need a qb.

Defense:

DT
DE
MIKE
SAM
CB
Possibly S

So long story short, we need a lot of defensive talent. We have NO DTs. Joseph is the only one, and we might lose him. Canty will be a cap casualty. Bernard is old and sucks. Austin sucks. Kuhn is meh. We literally have no DTs at all. Major concern.

With Osi most likely walking away, Tuck being a shell of his former self (I strongly believe we should not re-sign him), and Kiwi coming back to the DL in all likelihood, we could use another DE in our rotation. I like Tracy and Ojomo, but we do not know enough about them to rely on them.

Our linebackers suck. Let's be brutally honest about it. All that great "depth" we raved about in the offseason, it sucks. Herzlich is a backup. Rivers is never healthy and likely gone. Boley is strictly a coverage LB. The only good young LB we have is Jacquan Williams. Paysinger is a solid backup, that's it.

We NEED LINEBACKERS. I've been saying it all season, we are a terrible tackling defense. That starts with the LB core. We need linebackers who can tackle, and shed blocks. We don't have any right now. WE NEED LINEBACKERS.

We also need a CB. Corey is done. I believe in Prince and Hosely, but we need another guy on the outside to groom as Corey's replacement. If we lose Kenny, we need a safety.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

If you start going down the road of "WE NEED POSITION X", and start drafting for need, you become a mediocre team.

As bad as the "need" for LBers may look, it would be foolish to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round just to fill a purported "need".

If Jerry Reese is smart, he will go BPA on OL or DL or DB or WR in the first round. LB is one of the least important positions on the 4-3 defense and capable players can always be found in free agency or in the later rounds of the draft.

If Manti Teo was sitting there when the Giants picked in the 1st round, honestly, if I were Reese I would actually pick someone like Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore or Jonathan Hankins over him.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you start going down the road of "WE NEED POSITION X", and start drafting for need, you become a mediocre team.

As bad as the "need" for LBers may look, it would be foolish to draft one in the 1st or 2nd round just to fill a purported "need".

If Jerry Reese is smart, he will go BPA on OL or DL or DB or WR in the first round. LB is one of the least important positions on the 4-3 defense and capable players can always be found in free agency or in the later rounds of the draft.
I agree, I don't agree with filling needs at all costs. I believe in the board. But look at that list. We have a lot of needs. Realistically, the highest graded player on our board could very well fill any 1 of those needs listed.

If the best guy on the board is a Guard, I'm fine with it. We need a guard. If it's a CB, cool, we need a CB. A DE, I'm fine with that. A DT, etc.

In a perfect world we get a linebacker who is the highest graded player on our board, but I do believe in sticking to our board.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So do we have no DTs or is Joseph the only one?...

BK

Quote:
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds about right BBD. Can't really disagree with anything you said in that post.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned Joseph really is the only one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-15-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Joseph is the only one. My concern is we might lose him to FA which would result in us having absolutely none left.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stick to our board. I am down for going offensive trench player in the first round if he is the highest rated player. I really hope so! Defensive players are a need, however, I feel like no matter who we get, they would stink in these scheme.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

We better find a way to re-sign Joseph, with the way our other DTs look. I really want that Bjoern Werner kid. He just looks like a typical Giants DE. Other than him, I don't really have any personal favorites yet, at least that is outside the top 10-15 picks, which I hope we won't be picking inside.

Quote:
Old 11-16-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
We better find a way to re-sign Joseph, with the way our other DTs look. I really want that Bjoern Werner kid. He just looks like a typical Giants DE. Other than him, I don't really have any personal favorites yet, at least that is outside the top 10-15 picks, which I hope we won't be picking inside.
Werner might be exactly where we are picking so he's a definite possibility. I am not in love with FSU DEs although he is sort of a different breed.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

I don't want another DE. I hope we go another position. Maybe draft a defensive coordinator? I think whoever on defense we get the scheme will stink and expose peoples play.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a huge hard-on for Sheldon Williams the DT from Missouri. Just thought I'd share

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote