Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Hearthfire due out Sep. 4th on XBox 360.

Shockingly, the dates for it's release on the PC and PS3 have yet to be announced.

You mean I have to pay for an addon that allows me to build a home... Oh boy oh boy when can I spend my money!?!?

In all seriousness though unless it is considerably better I will stick with the build your own home mod.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it looks worth buying. Though if it's like Dawnguard who knows when it will come out. I have had a blast with mods so far.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was pretty cool TH. I think I could watch Skyrim videos on youtube all day. But then I would probably get fired.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-03-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree! Is this some user made video or put out by Bethesdea?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I agree! Is this some user made video or put out by Bethesdea?
It's by a Youtuber named Tyrannicon, but Todd Howard did give him a shoutout for the 300 video at a convention not too long ago. I think they even had it played for the audience.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I have been using Convenient Horses, a follower overhaul mod (forget what it's called), and the Frostfall mod, which adds hypothermia, camping, and gives every type of clothing a value for protection against the cold. It has really made a difference in simple travel to a new area. I don't fast-travel as much as I used to because it's actually kind of fun to ride my non-slow horse with my followers from one place to the next.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Hearthfire is a little bit of alright.

I've built the Falkreath house. It's called Lakeview Manor, so it overlooks the, you know, lake. Three stories tall (including the cellar which houses the forging area), with 3 wings and a large entrance (you build a small house at first, and then you're allowed to build the mansion, so you just convert the small house into an entrance). You can fast travel straight to it, which is awesome.

With each wing, you get three choices. I gave this house the armory in the east wing (also kitchen and library option), trophy room in the north wing (alchemy and additional storage option), and greenhouse in the west wing (enchanting and additional bedroom option). I thought about the enchanting and alchemy towers, but the main hall gives you both tables with plenty of storage (even satchels right next to them both), so why pass up on the cool stuff?

Oh, and the mannequins are bugged. Which makes it great if you want to clone your Ancient Falmer or Blades armor, but not if you actually want to use them. And while the house is absolutely loaded with display cases, they're not weapon displays. Yeah. You have to drop the weapon (or another item, if you prefer), leave the room, and then come back and place it into the display manually.

I'm not adopting any orphans though. No sir. That'd probably drive me insane after a while.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Wait, it's already out? Oh you have the Xbox version don't you you ****.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
To be fair man I don't think its worth the money unless you have a console version.

http://kotaku.com/5940883/skyrims-ne...e-doing-chores

Quote:
You'll really enjoy Skyrim's latest piece of downloadable content, Hearthfire. But only if you're the type of player who gets a kick out of achieving things just for the sake of achieving them. Only if you're an Achiever.
Quote:
To do all of this, you'll need to find ingredients. This is rather tedious. It usually means fast-traveling to a store, buying an iron ingot, hammering it down into a set of nails, realizing you're out of lumber, fast-traveling to a lumber mill, buying stacks of lumber 20 at a time by selecting the same dialogue options over and over, heading back to your place, realizing you're out of stone, walking to the convenient infinite stone quarry next to your house, mining for a while, encumbering yourself because you're carrying too much, and slowly treading back to build the next section of your manor. Rinse, repeat.

I've played several hours of this new DLC. I've built up a manor, adopted children, and turned my level 30 powerhouse into Domesticated Dragonborn. To me, there were few things enjoyable about this experience. It was nothing but a mundane to-do list.
Here is some more about it.
http://kotaku.com/5940659/ten-things...kyrims-new-dlc
Old 09-07-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Both you and Cain have mods, so shush! You guys had the build-a-home mod for a while, and could even add pre-made player home mods.

Gathering up the materials and building it wasn't all that annoying, and I did it all without using a steward cause I was stuck with Serana as my follower. With a steward, they basically become a home decor vendor, so they do the work collecting materials for you.

For me, it's worth building because it has absolutely everything I need and could want, it's the best house available on the console, and I can fast travel straight to it. Totally worth what I thought was a pretty small inconvenience considering the return.

And if I'm not mistaken, Kotaku had the writer who gave Dawnguard a bad review because he couldn't control Vampire Lord cause it's in 3rd person, so yeah.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am kind of a lore dork so I often don't mind tedium. Is the BYOH mod really that great? I thought you were locked in to one plot of land.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-07-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am kind of a lore dork so I often don't mind tedium. Is the BYOH mod really that great? I thought you were locked in to one plot of land.
You are but you can only buy land in like 3 of the smaller cities with Hearthfire.

As for if BYOH is great... Well its solid and its free. Everything I have read is they are practically the same.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are but you can only buy land in like 3 of the smaller cities with Hearthfire.

As for if BYOH is great... Well its solid and its free. Everything I have read is they are practically the same.
I will definitely try it before buying Hearthfire. Thing is, modders should be able to improve on Hearthfire, so if they really expand on it, it could end up being a good value.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-18-2012, 04:40 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Motherfuckin' Solstheim, ya'll!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I spent an hour arranging my various weapons and armors in my expanded Whiterun house. In my defense, I haven't had internet all week at home.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Motherfuckin' Solstheim, ya'll!
Tch. Been there, done that, had a blast already.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't touch skyrim in so long. I thought it was under KoA to me, at least visually. I kind of just kicked it under the bed, so to speak. Are all the new DLC's worth picking it up again?? It just sort of got a little too repetitive to me.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I haven't touch skyrim in so long. I thought it was under KoA to me, at least visually. I kind of just kicked it under the bed, so to speak. Are all the new DLC's worth picking it up again?? It just sort of got a little too repetitive to me.
I loved Dawnguard. It didn't add just quests, but a ton of awesome items as well. I enjoyed the storyline, and besides, Serana is hawttt.

Hearthfire was cool. It's nice to be able to design your own home, and also be able to fast travel straight to it.

The next DLC, supposedly called "Dragonborn," will probably take place at Solstheim, an island to the northwest of Skyrim. They've already had a DLC that took place there (called Bloodmoon for Morrowind), and they introduced lycanthropy in it. Back then, Solstheim was basically a Nord controlled territory, but now it's essentially a Dark Elf colony. The Nords gave control of it to them after the Red Mountain erupted. So this'll be the first Skyrim DLC to take place outside of Skyrim.

Supposedly, there'll be spears, dragon mounts, new armor (Nordic, Stalhrim, Chitin, Bonemold, and possibly horse armor), new creatures, and maybe they'll do something with the Snow Prince. I'm hoping there'll be some werewolf quests/story added to it, since it is Solstheim after all.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm supposed to be getting this game in a few days from my brother any tips for a noob?

I normally lean towards magic focused characters in these kinda games.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played for about 3-4 hours last night for the first time in quite awhile. Such an awesome game, I'm considering starting over and trying to become more of an archer type.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm supposed to be getting this game in a few days from my brother any tips for a noob?

I normally lean towards magic focused characters in these kinda games.
For a game system or for the PC?

I think I've enjoyed being a sneaky assassin the most.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-17-2012, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For a game system or for the PC?

I think I've enjoyed being a sneaky assassin the most.
PS3 and I all ready know how bad that version is, but it's free and I have to attempt it.

Last edited by Splat : 11-17-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

My favorite playthrough, I think, has been my vampiric battlemage assassin. 1H weapon in one hand and destruction magic in the other. Wore light armor, but took the heaving armor smithing tree for better weapons. Also focused on alchemy, enchanting, pickpocketing, conjuration, and illusion magic, while also being sure to get the Necromage perk in Restoration.

It's really given me the best of all worlds. I can sneak through a dungeon and ninja people with Invisibility and Muffle, make a scene with master destruction spells, or whip into dual-wielding and hack 'n slash my way through. Enchanting makes it so I don't have to invest perks into skills. Alchemy has been awesome, especially making potions for enchanting and smithing (Plus, Necromage gives a 25% boost to potions and enchantments as well). I always love pickpocketing because of Misdirection and Perfect Touch. Conjuration and illusion, as well as Necromage, were mostly character build skills, since those are vampire skills. But that's not to say conjuring dual dremoras or pitting a group of bandits against one another isn't fun!

You may not want to go the vampire route though, since PS3 still doesn't have Dawnguard, I don't believe.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I have the PS3 and PC version. I was able to have lots of fun with the PS3 version. PC is infinitely better but PS3 is still very fun.

i done stole dis sig