Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Interesting, because NC State implemented the Missouri offense with the help of Pinkel when they decided to start Wilson and it hasn't changed since.

I would much rather have Glennon than Bray, although if I could help it I'd take neither.

If you watch the Tennessee/NC State game, Bray was pretty terrible accuracy wise but had decent stats because David Amerson decided not to show up. This is before you get to knucklehead factor.
According to whom? NC State runs a mixture of spread and pro style which is far from what any Pinkel team has done. I don't think any Mizzou QB has taken a snap under center while Pinkel has been there. Yes I'm being sarcastic but then again, not really.
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why? Because there aren't any Andrew Luck type of prospects? You would probably hear this same thing being said if Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Stafford were all coming out of this draft. Neither of those guys were hardly sure things. Stafford had a huge ceiling but people hated his inconsistency at Georgia and Ryan had a high floor but people weren't sure he had a strong enough arm or had potential to be elite, Flacco was just a big arm at a small school that didn't face any legit competition.

These guys should have questions about them, as do most prospects, but I certainly don't think it's a bad year to be looking at QB.
I agree with your first sentence. I think some, not all, but some of the criticism of this year's QB group stems from the fact that none are Andrew Luck. Andrew Luck caliber QBs only come around every 15 years or so. The last one was the guy everyone was/is comparing Luck to...Peyton Manning.

Just because none of these guys are Andrew Luck doesn't mean that they aren't good or can't be pro-bowl caliber QBs.

There have been a good number of QBs come out that weren't Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning that have gone on to great success. And there is likely to be at least a couple from this draft do the same. The trick is finding which one(s).
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Osweiller is taken in the early 2nd, Glennon certainly ends up in the 1st. His flaws are all correctable but hopefully for him he gets picked up by a team who already has a good to great OL.

For example he'd be a great fit with the Bills who have a Pro Bowl OL, great ground game and utilize a lot of shotgun/empty sets/4-5 wide.

Evaluators are going to fall in love with his great arm and measurables.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
If Osweiller is taken in the early 2nd, Glennon certainly ends up in the 1st. His flaws are all correctable but hopefully for him he gets picked up by a team who already has a good to great OL.

For example he'd be a great fit with the Bills who have a Pro Bowl OL, great ground game and utilize a lot of shotgun/empty sets/4-5 wide.

Evaluators are going to fall in love with his great arm and measurables.
If Pat White was taken in the 2nd round in few years ago, Denard Robinson would end up in the first round this April. (BTW, he is starting today as RB). ha!

Glennon certainly doesn't need anything from last year's draft to bolster his value at all. Big problem with this April's draft is that there are not many teams that seek for young QB this instant so Glennon will have to market himself to get ahead of prospects of another positions.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
87Canes
Rookie

87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.87Canes wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Glennon is beasting right now! Barkley is throwing up on himself again so Mike is showing why he's the top QB once again
87Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glennon showed more pocket courage than I've seen from a lot of guys. He had a lot of "drops" by receivers that quit on their route or held up for a step or two.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too bad there aren't any analysts who work for the NFL Network that went to NC State that will be willing to throw the rest of his team under the bus like Mayock did for Ryan
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, because it's pretty clear that Mayock was dead wrong about Matt Ryan and was only hyping him up because of the BC connection.

Oh, wait..

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yeah, because it's pretty clear that Mayock was dead wrong about Matt Ryan and was only hyping him up because of the BC connection.

Oh, wait..
But if Matt Ryan were 28 years old, 5'11", had major shoulder surgeries, and an ugly girlfriend... would you draft him in the first round???
Old 11-20-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had Glennon pegged as a probable first rounder before the season. Cannon with height and mobility. After a few games I soured on him because of his crazy inconsistency and figured 3-4 rounder. If he gets taken too high he's going to be a coach killer. There's a lot of Derek Anderson/Vinny Testevarde in his game. A staff might like him and think they can coach him into consistency but buyer beware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote