Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-17-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But I would be happy for Rutgers fans, because you are nice people, and you aren't from the South.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you BF.

I do think we could beat Penn State, and 2 of those other schools this year though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
But I would be happy for Rutgers fans, because you are nice people, and you aren't from the South.
I can accept this. I'll just defend our D because it can keep us in any game, regardless of opposition talent. Louisville and our potential bowl game will be real indicators of our team.

I think this move for the big 10 with us would be about the future. Rutgers is on the rise in both football and basketball with a top notch AD and 2 young, energetic and marketable coaches. And the whole NY media coverage. It'd be a HUGE step for us and our program
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I can accept this. I'll just defend our D because it can keep us in any game, regardless of opposition talent. Louisville and our potential bowl game will be real indicators of our team.

I think this move for the big 10 with us would be about the future. Rutgers is on the rise in both football and basketball with a top notch AD and 2 young, energetic and marketable coaches. And the whole NY media coverage. It'd be a HUGE step for us and our program
And we already recruit better than half of the Big 10 schools so could you imagine how much better it could get.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ok with this. Having Rutgers and Maryland adds huge markets. And a good Rutgers team would be a very cool addition to the Big Ten, if they improve.

Clearly this is more about revenue than anything else. Hope the programs can improve and be quality members.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what this does for the divisions. Probably just add Rutgers and Maryland to the East and put Illinois in the west.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That makes the most sense. It's basically just a debate who to move to the West, and Illinois is the obvious choice.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like Maryland is definitely in and Rutgers is a frontrunner to be #14 but that's not definite.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I think Rutgers would definitely get it. Unless Notre Dame suddenly wants to.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd definitely be on board with adding Maryland and Rutgers. While I know a lot of people out west don't look at them as attractive options, it would be really nice if Penn State had a team in the league that isn't a 6+ hour drive from the eastern side of the state. Academically, both are definitely good fits as well.

The only concern I'd have is that I don't think conferences should go much higher than 14. If all the major conferences got to 14, I think we'd be pretty set for a legit playoff system, taking the conference champions plus the next 2 or 3 in the rankings (depending on whether you keep the Big East as a BCS conference). If the ACC did take UCONN to replace Maryland, and they eventually go to some playoff system that factors in conference champions, it would be interesting to see what would happen with Notre Dame, particularly if they did cap the leagues at 14.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like we're in!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

The money sounds good. The potential looks awesome. But this doesn't so anything to help the Big Ten now. Just looking at what it could do, we'll now likely see Ohio State play Maryland and Rutgers every year while matchups with Nebraska, Michigan State, and the othe division will get rarer.

Best solution is a 9 game conference set. As long as teams drop one of their garbage games instead of a big ooc game it'll all work out. Well continue playing the division, Michigan, and the other division two teams at a time on a rotating basis.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I live 10 minutes away from Rutgers so everyone is welcome here when your team comes in!

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 11-17-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I think I decided I like these. We won't be done at 14 teams forever. If I got my way I'd get Notre Dame and UNC. But that's another discussion.

I hope Rutgers gets good. Like really good. Big games at Rutgers sound awesome.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Big Ten moves forward with expansion and the precedent is set on how much it will cost to poach an ACC school then the SEC will likely expand to 16 as well with two ACC schools. I've thought for a long time that 16 teams is the eventual goal for Mike Slive and if he can get two of following from Virginia Tech, UNC, Duke, N.C. State, or Florida State then he would in a heartbeat.

If the SEC expands so does the Big 12 and Big Ten to 16 (likely). I'm sure that the Big Ten wouldn't mind adding Boston College (Boston tv market) and Virginia. Both also fit the academic profile of the conference.

Big 12 will have their choice out of Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Louisville, BYU, Cincinnati, and Florida State, if the SEC chooses not to invite them.

There's a lot of dominoes left to fall and Rutgers and Maryland departing, if and when that comes about, will just start the domino effect.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Definitely wouldn't be excited about the Big Ten finishing their 16 team conference with Boston College and Virginia. Then we're the conference that makes a ton of money but has a weaker field from top to bottom.

Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

The Big Ten won't add Boston College. I can promise you that if they go to 16 (and I don't think they will), the three schools they will look at most are UNC, Georgia Tech (a lot of people were very high on GT the first time), and Virginia.

Also, UNC and Duke will never, ever, join the SEC. People in the Research Triangle view the Deep South like a collection of inbred cousins.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 11-18-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Big Ten won't add Boston College. I can promise you that if they go to 16 (and I don't think they will), the three schools they will look at most are UNC, Georgia Tech (a lot of people were very high on GT the first time), and Virginia.

Also, UNC and Duke will never, ever, join the SEC. People in the Research Triangle view the Deep South like a collection of inbred cousins.
I had that feeling about UNC and Duke. I think if any conference(s) have a chance at the North Carolina schools it would be the Big Ten and Big 12. In fact, I think it would be pretty smart for the Big 12 to invite UNC, Duke, NC State, and Florida State if they want to get to 14.

Virginia and Georgia Tech would be solid additions. Also, [obligatory Notre Dame question regarding conference affiliation].

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-18-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It may be just internet rumors, but I saw PSU to ACC. I doubt there is any truth to that.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
It may be just internet rumors, but I saw PSU to ACC. I doubt there is any truth to that.
From what I've seen, it's just an internet rumor.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-18-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
pfft, they're that scared of getting beatdown in the newfound rivalry with us coming in eh?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still hoping for FSU to the Big 12 or for the SEC to finally invite them.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Who could join Maryland? Rutgers has been widely reported as being most likely to join Maryland in the Big 10. Sources also told IMS Georgia Tech would like to join. But we've also been told that the top remaining targets are North Carolina and Virginia.
No idea what "sources" means, but this pretty much confirms what I already thought/have read.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Articl...-Big-10-102131

Old 11-18-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
No idea what "sources" means, but this pretty much confirms what I already thought/have read.

Wonder if the Big Ten would expand to 16 if they could get Virginia and Georgia Tech?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:

this still means Rutgers is the top choice if Maryland goes, right? RIGHT?!?!

YOU GUYS WANT US YOU REALLY WANT US

please don't hurt me and let me down like this.
Quote: