Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look what happens when you play great defense against the spread - go against a quality front seven with strength and speed and you neutralize the Chip Kelly offense. The NFL is full of these defenses.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Look what happens when you play great defense against the spread - go against a quality front seven with strength and speed and you neutralize the Chip Kelly offense. The NFL is full of these defenses.
When you play great defense, you can win against any offense. You could have replaced "spread" with "power-I" and the statement would have been just as true. Yes, it's true that only 10 of Oregon's 11 games have been dominant offensive performances, but name a team of any style that has never been shut down on offense.

Yes, in the NFL, you would need a far better QB play than Oregon gets to win consistently with a spread offense, but again, that is true for any offense. Stanford won up front yesterday, so Oregon needed to pass to set up the run, and they weren't able to. I don't think you can blame the offensive system for that one.

USC is a "pro-style" team with arguably more offensive talent than Oregon, and they did even worse against Stanford's defense. I don't think that is an indictment of USC's entire offensive system.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chip Kelly to Philly.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Chip Kelly to Philly.
I think the one guarantee is that he will leave before the NCAA sanctions hit for buying players.

Last Saturday showed just how bad Oregon's offensive and defensive lines are. I don't know if he can't recruit the right players, or if he likes recruiting smaller faster guys, but Oregon was once again outclassed on the LOS. It's happened ever since he's coached there. You simply cannot let a giant fast DL go unblocked. They will eat you alive.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Chip Kelly to Philly.
The people are there to try and run his system if he were to actually do that. But I truly hope that doesnt happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Armchair Scout
Rookie

Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Armchair Scout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
Last Saturday showed just how bad Oregon's offensive and defensive lines are. I don't know if he can't recruit the right players, or if he likes recruiting smaller faster guys, but Oregon was once again outclassed on the LOS. It's happened ever since he's coached there. You simply cannot let a giant fast DL go unblocked. They will eat you alive.
Oregon's O-Line is the best in the Pac-12 and has had an absolutely dominant season. Last Saturday, they struggled. Stanford's defenders were able to get off their blocks and prevent Oregon's O-line from getting to the second level. Still, Oregon's O-Line played well enough to win, but it wasn't its typical dominant self.

To say that Oregon is typically outclassed at the LOS is ridiculous. You could make a case that Oregon's d-line has been inferior, as it lacks interior power and size and has struggled in the past, but Oregon's offensive line has been outstanding in the past. It wasn't against Stanford, but I'm sure it would have looked a lot better if Oregon had a better passing game.
Armchair Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
REDiculous
Rookie

REDiculous hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Scout View Post
but name a team of any style that has never been shut down on offense.

95 Huskers :)

I do agree with you, however. Any kind of offense can be shut down. What I like about Oregon's offense is that it's not just your normal spread offense. They have a pretty decent mixture of offensive systems, but the spread gives them the most efficient way of scoring against the teams they are currently playing. I doubt it would be something NFL teams would simply get used to.
REDiculous is offline   Reply With Quote