Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 11: Bengals AT Chiefs

its gunna be a terrible game. the Bengals are 2nd in the AFC in sacks. we already had a hard time stopping pass rushers. now, factor in the injured OLineman and Cassel will be killed. Stanzi better be on the active roster today. he might get his 1st playing time today.

Lilja- OUT
Asamoah- OUT

this is what our OLine looks like today:

LT - Albert
LG - Allen
C - Hochstein
RG - Winston
RT - Stephenson

HOLY BUCKETS!!! hold on to your hats. it's gunna be a bumpy ride!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of good friends who are Bengals fans so I follow the team semi closely.. and yeah, this is going to be ugly. Very ugly. Ugh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF was that?!? how does the entire OLine and RB run to the left and Cassel, by himself, runs to the right? I cant believe that he doesnt know where the play is going in ******* week 11.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
WTF was that?!? how does the entire OLine and RB run to the left and Cassel, by himself, runs to the right? I cant believe that he doesnt know where the play is going in ******* week 11.
Unbelievable, the QB doesn't know the play that he just called in the huddle.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

ok, so I have never thought of myself as better than the officials, but how was that hit on Moiaki (no call) any different from the hit on AJ Green (defenseless reciever was the call)?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have liked what I have seen from Poe the last two weeks. It sucks that he has dog **** on both sides of him.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gutless team. Gutless.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure that I'd term them gutless. This is a beaten football team. Beaten before they ever take the field. They have no confidence in themselves, in the coaches, in the gameplan, and certainly in the quarterback. They are just waiting for the house to fall in and it always does.

I imagine that will be a general housecleaning when the season is over.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 11-19-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Got to read these posts before I hit send...there WILL be a general housecleaning.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

My biggest fear is that Clark won't fire Pioli after the season and we'll be forced to keep dealing with his ********.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
My biggest fear is that Clark won't fire Pioli after the season and we'll be forced to keep dealing with his ********.
From an outsider's perspective I will say this; Pioli has done a pretty decent job of accumulating talent across the roster. They may not be playing well this year but the Chiefs have some damn good players. The big issue is the gamble he took on Cassell. He put all his eggs and that one basket and it has backfired immensely. For a lot of GMs they only get that one gamble. It will be interesting to see if Pioli is indeed fired as he probably should be. Hell, I'd take a good old school reunion and have him back in New England

I'm just not sure he should be the guy making all personnel decisions. QB and coaching seem to be the main problems and they are both decisions he has made. Very good scout and head of scouting, not a great overall GM

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 11-19-2012 at 10:31 AM.
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
From an outsider's perspective I will say this; Pioli has done a pretty decent job of accumulating talent across the roster. They may not be playing well this year but the Chiefs have some damn good players. The big issue is the gamble he took on Cassell. He put all his eggs and that one basket and it has backfired immensely. For a lot of GMs they only get that one gamble. It will be interesting to see if Pioli is indeed fired as he probably should be. Hell, I'd take a good old school reunion and have him back in New England

I'm just not sure he should be the guy making all personnel decisions. QB and coaching seem to be the main problems and they are both decisions he has made. Very good scout and head of scouting, not a great overall GM
Branden Albert

Dwayne Bowe

Jamaal Charles

Brandon Flowers

Tamba Hali

Dustin Colquitt

Derrick Johnson

What do all of these player have in common? Non of them were drafted by Scott Pioli.

He has had a few hits like Justin Houston,Jon Asamoah and Ryan Succop, but a hell of alot more misses.

I'm not even going to give him Eric Berry who fell in his lap and Dexter McCluster has had his moments, but wasn't worth a high second round pick.

Last edited by Splat : 11-19-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Branden Albert

Dwayne Bowe

Jamaal Charles

Brandon Flowers

Tamba Hali

Dustin Colquitt

Derrick Johnson

What do all of these players have in have in common? Non of them were draft by Scott Pioli.

He has had a few hits like Justin Houston,Jon Asamoah and Ryan Succop, but a hell of alot more misses.

I'm not even going to give him Eric Berry who fell in his lap and Dexter McCluster has had his moments, but wasn't worth a high second round pick.
I don't see how he doesn't get credit for the pick because he still had to make it. And it's not just in the draft either. Eric Winston was a great get and the Chiefs line is actually a strength. No GM inherits a team with no players. Pioli appears to have done a pretty decent job of adding talent to talent already there. If the Chiefs had a good QB they would be challenging the Broncos for the division. As a team they aren't that much better than the Chiefs but obviously there is a huge gap in QB play.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Eric Winston has been average at best for the Chiefs.

The O line was a strength but it isn't any more. They went in to the season with no depth and it killed them. They have OT's playing G and G's playing C just ridiculous.

You can have Pioli back I'm sure he will do great with Bill making his decisions for him.

The Chiefs have went to the playoffs once in four years under Pioli's watch and have had two HC's. People keep saying if they had a QB well if they had a GM worth a dam then maybe they would have one.

Last edited by Splat : 11-19-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is real. Y'all killed a guy....

"People are going to start respecting LSU...if you don't, we're going to hit you in your mouth."
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see how he doesn't get credit for the pick because he still had to make it. And it's not just in the draft either. Eric Winston was a great get and the Chiefs line is actually a strength. No GM inherits a team with no players. Pioli appears to have done a pretty decent job of adding talent to talent already there. If the Chiefs had a good QB they would be challenging the Broncos for the division. As a team they aren't that much better than the Chiefs but obviously there is a huge gap in QB play.
NEPG?

One might think Pioli has done a good job of supplementing his inherited players, but one would be wrong. Winston, we all thought he would be a great get but he has been beaten like a government mule this year. I'm not willing to grant him Berry either as Berry has been terrible this year. Yes, he's coming off an ACL so I'm not panicking just yet, but I need to see him start to show some improvement.

Justin Houston is looking like he might be Pioli's best pick, finally supplanting Ryan "The Kicker" Succop of that title. Pioli's drafts have been terrible, between Tyson Jackson and Jon Baldwin in the 1st to wasting 2nd round picks on Dexter McCluster and Javier Arenas. Here's a fun fact: Scott Pioli turned Hall of Fame bound TE Tony Gonzalez into subpar nickel corner/inconsequential return man Javier Arenas.

Terrible, he must go, or there will be rioting in the streets.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this team is on pace to go 1-15....NOONE should survive that disaster
Old 11-19-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Pretty much. You can't have your worst team in your fourth year. This team is drastically underperforming the awful team he inherited, and that is saying something. We are much worse than the 2009 team and it all comes back to Pioli.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:

i'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you. Scott Pioli has done close to nothing well while GM of the Kansas City Chiefs. let me explain.

he has done a terrible job of drafting talent. just look at his drafts.
2009 - 1) Tyson Jackson - enough said 2) traded to NE for Cassel and Mike Vrabel 3) Alex Magee - not on team 4) Donald Washington - not in NFL 5) Colin Brown - not on team 6) Quinten Lawrence - not on team 7) Javariss Williams - not on team 7) Jake OConnell - IR again 7) Ryan Succop - 2nd most productive draft pick in KC
2010 - 1) Eric Berry - talented, yet injured, jury is still out 2) Dexter McCluster - seriously over valued for a HIGH 2nd 2) Javier Arenas - see McCluster 3) Jon Asamoah - good OG 4) Tony Moeaki - injuries will kill his production 5) Kendrick Lewis - see Moeaki 5) Cameron Sheffield - not on team + injured
2011 - 1) Jon Baldwin - nothing yet 2) Rodney Hudson - injured 3) Justin Houston - looks to be a stud 3) Allen Bailey - rotational nickle DLineman 4 Jalil Brown - terrible in coverage and to many boneheaded plays on ST 5) Ricky Stanzi - absolutely terrible, way over his head 5) Gabe Miller - not on team 6) Jerrell Powe - rotational NT inactive most games 7) Shane Bannon - not on team

seriously, look at that. i'm leaving out this years picks because they can niether help nor hurt him. its way to early on any of them. these drafts are full of unproductive players, players drafted way to early for their production, (and this is the worst one) players that are no longer on this team. the 2009 draft is damn near a complete waste. his good picks, in these 3 drafts, can be listed on 1 hand. Succop, Asamoah, Houston, and i'll throw in Berry just to save arguements. all the others shouldn't even be on an NFL roster. blame scouts, players or whomever. bottomline is Pioli's name is next to EVERYONE of those picks and they suck.

next is the QB problem. even you admitted that QB is a huge problem for the Chiefs. alot of us knew Cassel wasn't going to be the answer early on in his career here. this is where Pioli made his biggest mistake. he refused to ackowledge his mistake early on and continued to shove Cassel down everyones throat. it is well publicized that Haley didn't care for Cassel much and begged Pioli for a new QB. this was the beginning of the end of Haley's short tenure here. Pioli managed to oust Haley and blame him for most of the problems. it's clear, today that Haley wasn't near as much of the problem as some were led to believe. yet, another offseason with the promise of "QB competition" and Brady Quinn is the answer Pioli is looking for. come on. to a man, even today, i bet Pioli thinks Cassel can be a great QB. it isn't ever going to happen. it's to bad he stuck with him for to long and not having a good alternative. that might have saved his job.

next is the coaches. this staff has been a revolving door since his take over. fired OCs, DCs and HCs. no wonder some of the players are mailing it in this year. they can see the writing on the wall that everything is going to change, yet again. 2 failed HCs in 4 years. Haley failed in his opinion and Crennel has failed in everyones opinion. Clark Hunt has pointed to the Steelers as the benchmark for his franchise. this is as anti-Steelers as you get. heck, the Raiders think we change coaches to much.

in closing, Pioli sucks. /rant