Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:16 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Definitely going to be a backup bowl tonight. Kind of scares me because the Bears couldn't focus in practice this week on game planning for a running QB in Kaepernick. Definitely giving the 49ers an advantage there.
I see this one being similar to the primetime game last night. Low scoring, defensive slugfest. Although I like the Bears and their ability to create turnovers tonight

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I agree it's dumb to have him in for XPs but if he's there at the start of the game then he will be there at the end of the game and that is the same for every team.
Sure, we still shouldnt have him in on Xps when we have like eight TEs on the roster haha. Ugh this suckssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Sure, we still shouldnt have him in on Xps when we have like eight TEs on the roster haha. Ugh this suckssssss
Yup. Although while it probably hurts us from a seeding stand point (likely 3 or 4 now since this diminishes the chance of running the table) it does mean Gronk can get his hip properly healed for a playoff run. It's actually a nice sign that the Pats comfortably lead the league in scoring and haven't had a fully healthy Gronk and Hernandez on the field together since week one

Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this. denver isn't going to stick von miller out on the kick off team up 90-0. belichick (or his ST coach) should've grabbed ANYONE off of that bench to take his spot. it's not difficult and the excuses are ridiculous. he'd be in anyway? in ******* high school football you pull players off of those plays.
Exactly. I think it's karma. Isn't the first time the Pats didn't take their foot off the gas late in a game they had well in hand. Burned their ass this time.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

I just read the Bills are now 2-0 when CJ Spiller gets 15+ carries. One of the top 5 RBs in the NFL has only had 15+ carries twice this year!!! That is just ridiculous. It really beggers belief when you see guys like Spiller and Jamaal Charles not getting the touches they need. Do these coaches not realise these are their best players???

Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least i get my wish and see CK get 1 start. Albeit a horrible match-up for a young QB, but maybe he can show signs of being an actual QB and not just a running weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Jvig and NJX. You can't have Gronk out there on that play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also wanted to mention I won't be getting on Dez anymore. He's arrived to the next level.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Also wanted to mention I won't be getting on Dez anymore. He's arrived to the next level.
I will get on him. He is so damn inconsistent, you see he has the tools to be such a weapon for that team but only does it for one or two big plays a game- if that. If he can start being more consistent I will give him his due credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I will get on him. He is so damn inconsistent, you see he has the tools to be such a weapon for that team but only does it for one or two big plays a game- if that. If he can start being more consistent I will give him his due credit.
That's what I've been saying but the last 4 games he has put it together in spite of the other stuff. He will never limit the mistakes but he's still going at it on that high level.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is still making mistakes that frustrate you at times, and isn't the greatest route runner, but he's still growing and continues to show big time potential so I've tried to be as patient as I can be. That said, he does far more then make one or two big plays a game for us, but I'm not going to heap too much credit on him since Haden was out. But he's beena pretty big focal part of our offense this year and especially lately, and he's making plays in the 4th quarter which he lacked last year due to conditioning.

Main thing is Romo looks like he trust him more now, and is giving him some chances to win some jump ball situations. But I'll be watching to see if he can continue to play at a high level, for 4 quarters to close the season or not. But majority of my gripes I had last year he's fixed, he's just still due for a mental mistake too much.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Definitely going to be a backup bowl tonight. Kind of scares me because the Bears couldn't focus in practice this week on game planning for a running QB in Kaepernick. Definitely giving the 49ers an advantage there.
I'm pretty sure Alex is playing. No official announcement has been made, but he was in limited practice Monday and the feeling around the 49ers organization is that he'll play. His concussion seemed pretty mild.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-19-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'm pretty sure Alex is playing. No official announcement has been made, but he was in limited practice Monday and the feeling around the 49ers organization is that he'll play. His concussion seemed pretty mild.
I did find an official announcement. He didn't get cleared so he can't play. I know Mort is unreliable though so...

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:36 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They said it on ESPN this morning. And link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-monday-night/
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is karma really being used as an argument?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I did find an official announcement. He didn't get cleared so he can't play. I know Mort is unreliable though so...
He was cleared to return to practice as early as Wednesday I believe and took all of the first team snaps throughout the week.

This is an article from Matt Maiocco, 49ers Insider. Doesn't say anything about not being cleared and implies that decision is in Harbaugh's hands.

Quote:
Also, as reported Saturday, any time the past two seasons in which a 49ers player has returned from a concussion has been medically cleared to take part in even one day of limited practice, that player has played in the next game.

In Smith's case, he took part in practices Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-s...85&feedID=5936

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Is karma really being used as an argument?
Yes. Karma is a *****.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
They said it on ESPN this morning. And link:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-monday-night/
Weird. We shall see then. Funny that he was cleared to return to practice and take all of the first team snaps, yet now he can't play.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...and-beaten-us/

Apparently the Eagles are right there with the Packers in that they have 0 losses, just a handful of "beaten ourselves."

What is it with this trend of players discrediting the other team by claiming they beat themselves? It gets on my nerves.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
at some point, you should realize you're the worst team in a bad nfc east (or, i should've said, 2nd worst in the entire nfc) and just accept that you're not playing well.
Nope. No one has "lined up and beaten them." They only beat themselves due to mental errors. The other team (or other 7 teams in this case) get no credit.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...and-beaten-us/

Apparently the Eagles are right there with the Packers in that they have 0 losses, just a handful of "beaten ourselves."

What is it with this trend of players discrediting the other team by claiming they beat themselves? It gets on my nerves.
We heard this from every team after our run last year except from the Pats. It pissed me off more that it came from the coaches.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We heard this from every team after our run last year except from the Pats. It pissed me off more that it came from the coaches.
Here is all you need to say when approached after the game:

"We didn't play our best game today. Credit to the other team for going out there and getting it done."

Or some slight variation of that. There is just this pretentious asshole-ness when you completely leave out the line about crediting the other team.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Weird. We shall see then. Funny that he was cleared to return to practice and take all of the first team snaps, yet now he can't play.
He was practicing in a limited fashion with no contact. He hadn't been cleared for full contact yet and coming off a concussion that's a whole nother hurdle.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He was practicing in a limited fashion with no contact. He hadn't been cleared for full contact yet and coming off a concussion that's a whole nother hurdle.
Right, but every other player, at least for the 49ers, that has been cleared to return to practice as early as Wednesday was able to play in the following game. And from the interviews Alex said he pretty much felt fine as early as the next day.

All the reporters were pretty much certain he would play, which is why it's a big surprise this morning.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

I was surprised when they said it on Mike and Mike, but yeah, it's the whole "contact" thing that ended it.