Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Wouldn't say no chance with a few teams in the 20-30 range with a big NT need. Teams are probably higher on his motor than they were Terrence Cody, but a guy as athletic as him has some upside. If the combine numbers are there, it will be interesting.
Colts at the top of the second? With Pagano in town, they'll need that type of player regardless of what defense they're running.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Colts at the top of the second? With Pagano in town, they'll need that type of player regardless of what defense they're running.
I think it is a strong possibility. Pagano needs that type of body to free up space for pass rushers.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
He actually didn't have great practices, he had a great game. There are conditioning issues and is far from inconsistent. Coaching will be huge.
Oh, I didn't follow the Senior Bowl reports too much other than what's on this site and Scott sounded very high on him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have him as a top 32 prospect and is a late 1st/early 2nd value. It's hard to find big athletes like him, and he is the type of player you can build your defense with at NT. He won't be Ngata or Wilfolk, but Ta'amu is a very capable NFL starter.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I have him as a top 32 prospect and is a late 1st/early 2nd value. It's hard to find big athletes like him, and he is the type of player you can build your defense with at NT. He won't be Ngata or Wilfolk, but Ta'amu is a very capable NFL starter.
Capable, sure. I question his motor/work ethic, though. I REALLY gotta see some work out numbers before I stamp him with a first OR second round grade.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
1funguy
Rookie

1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.1funguy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see Poe as the kind of guy you can move around on a 3-4 DL. Not so much with Ta'amu.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellsy82 View Post
Capable, sure. I question his motor/work ethic, though. I REALLY gotta see some work out numbers before I stamp him with a first OR second round grade.
True, but I think he will run much better than a Terrence Cody type NT, and with many teams now looking to add bigger run cloggers Ta'amu could see a rise in his stock. His strength is very solid, and even though he isn't a 3 down player, on those 2 downs(and running downs) he will be a force in the middle run defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1funguy View Post
I see Poe as the kind of guy you can move around on a 3-4 DL. Not so much with Ta'amu.
I agree, Poe can play some NT and DE in the 3-4 similarly to Ngata and sometimes Wilfolk. Poe is a top 15 pick and could be a multiple time Pro Bowler if he reaches his highest potential.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 01-31-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not as high on him as some are. I actually think his best position would be as an Under Tackle in a 4-3 scheme.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree, Poe can play some NT and DE in the 3-4 similarly to Ngata and sometimes Wilfolk. Poe is a top 15 pick and could be a multiple time Pro Bowler if he reaches his highest potential.
All potential...no pudding. At the nose, anyway.
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." Elway's take on Lambert
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not to hijack a Ta'amu thread, but how do the two compare to Phil Taylor? Cleveland see,s to like their double NT 4-3.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2nd-3rd. He'll be solid in the long run, but I think he'd need a year or two.

The Colts are praying for Konz with their first pick in the 2nd IMO.

Last edited by SenorGato : 02-01-2012 at 08:57 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Watched him against SC and Stanford was completely unimpressed with him.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Watched him against SC and Stanford was completely unimpressed with him.
Got handled pretty well by DeCastro for two years but he did play better against SC.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Not to hijack a Ta'amu thread, but how do the two compare to Phil Taylor? Cleveland see,s to like their double NT 4-3.
I'd say Ta'amu is similar value wise and size, but Poe plays more similarly since he is more of a pass rusher as well as a great run clogger. Ta'amu isn't a very productive pass rusher and seems more like a 2 down player, while Poe/Taylor could see time as a NT and DE in all 3 downs if they'd play in the 3-4.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 02-09-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Dan_Steele
Rookie

Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dan_Steele is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea where this first round talk has come from. People are just impressed with his athleticism at 350, he hasn't shown enough on the field to warrant a first round grade. Also, the only reason this guy is being considered a "prototypical nose tackle" in the NFL, and that is his weight. He plays nothing like a NT, relies too much on athleticism than strength and technique. My guess is that he'll fall to late second or later, be taken by a 4-3 team and asked to lose 15-20 pounds.
Dan_Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Hebron Fangupo more than Ta'amu. Who's with me? :)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bitonti
DraftBathroom.com
Veteran

bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bitonti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ta'amu and Poe are more or less the same draft grade: early to mid round 2. Ta'amu has 4 career sacks, Poe has 5. Poe probably gets drafted earlier but they will go within a dozen slots of each other, JMO. neither are gonna help you on 3rd and long. teams will grade them both out as 2 down players.

I wonder what kind of shape Poe will be in... if he is really at 350. Ta'amu was in excellent shape for 340 (as was Cordy Glenn).

Ta'amu made alot of plays at Senior Bowl 9-on-7 drills he's got way above avg aggression and penetration for big man.

Why Me? The Bob Lamonta Story

Last edited by bitonti : 02-09-2012 at 07:23 PM.
bitonti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From 4th rounder to practice squad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ractice-squad/

He has not done nearly as well as expected. I hope the Colts poach him and somebody screws his head on straight though. I was a huge fan of this guy as a prospect.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
From 4th rounder to practice squad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ractice-squad/

He has not done nearly as well as expected. I hope the Colts poach him and somebody screws his head on straight though. I was a huge fan of this guy as a prospect.
Getting drunk and driving, running from cops and hitting parked cars makes me think football is not the number 1 thing he cares about in his life.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Getting drunk and driving, running from cops and hitting parked cars makes me think football is not the number 1 thing he cares about in his life.
If he wasn't contrite and displaying characteristics of someone who could learn from his mistakes, the Steelers wouldn't have considered bringing him back. Let alone keeping him on the roster for a few weeks, and then re-signing to the PS.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fat, lazy, and stupid. Quality NFL prospect he turned out to be.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote