Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
In terms of football, Penn State already recruits the DMV better than Maryland does but I'm scared about that opening up to the rest of the B1G (namely Ohio).
That was already going to happen with the sanctions and Urban Meyer coming to OSU.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's just gonna suck because I like a lot of big 10 schools and posters here. Like most of the michigan, iowa, and gopher fans here.

I'll have no trouble hating on psu though, that's gonna be the big rivalry. Sorry to the psu posters here (well, most of you ;) )

YOU'RE GOING DOWN JBOOBIE.

I just want it to happen. In Tim Pernetti I trust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
it's just gonna suck because I like a lot of big 10 schools and posters here. Like most of the michigan, iowa, and gopher fans here.

I'll have no trouble hating on psu though, that's gonna be the big rivalry. Sorry to the psu posters here (well, most of you ;) )

YOU'RE GOING DOWN JBOOBIE.

I just want it to happen. In Tim Pernetti I trust.
Wait, not this OSU FAN!?!?!?!?

I welcome Rutgers and Maryland to the conference.

Wonder whom the next two schools are going to be. The B1G is the biggest money maker in college sports. There are two slots available. What schools make sense?

99% sure they will be AAU schools.

I recommend my alma mater, CWRU. They could beat Maryland at football.

Seriously, here are the strong candidates:
Pitt, Virginia, Missouri, Georgia Tech

Not likely, but possible:
UNC, Duke, Vanderbilt

My pet longshots that won't happen:
Florida, A&M

Delaney's wet dream that won't happen:
ND (assuming they are admitted to AAU as a condition), and Texas.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No to Pitt. They add nothing that the league doesn't already have. Don't think Missouri would leave the SEC after just joining, but you never know.

I think Virginia and Georgia Tech are the next options, assuming they want to go to 16. UNC I'm sure is at the top of their list, but that's less likely.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UNC, UVA, and GTech make the most sense by far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
No to Pitt. They add nothing that the league doesn't already have. Don't think Missouri would leave the SEC after just joining, but you never know.

I think Virginia and Georgia Tech are the next options, assuming they want to go to 16. UNC I'm sure is at the top of their list, but that's less likely.
Pitt just had a heck of a time joining the ACC, doubt they would jump now anyway.

If you pull UNC, you will have to pull Duke as well. Just not sure I see that.

UVA would make the most sense, but I can see the Big Ten sticking with these two new additions only for a little while.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitts a team I'd like to see in the Big Ten but it can't happen. They bring nothing to the table.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UVA friend of mine says UVA won't go anywhere without Duke and UNC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Agree that Pitt adds very little TV wise, which is the most important thing from the B1G perspective (outside of other factors like AAU, lots of non-revenue sports, etc...)

GT and Virginia make the most sense to me, but a pairing of UNC and Duke would be interesting. Basketball eyeballs are obviously worth a lot of money as well and joining the B1G might spruce up their football statuses.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just to confirm, Rutgers is announcing tomorrow that they are joining the Big Ten.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

It's so weird that the B1G is east coast now.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Hayes ‏@Matt_HayesSN
Rutgers could have won the #B1G this season. Imagine the reaction of the blue hairs in Pasadena.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TomahawkNation.com ‏@TomahawkNation
RT @BryanDFischer: RT @wilnerhotline: Realignment source: UConn to ACC could happen as soon as Tuesday.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now the Big 10 can claim they are the birthplace of college football. I bet anything they promote the crap out of that. Also I think by far we're the oldest school in conference by at least 50 years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
TomahawkNation.com ‏@TomahawkNation
RT @BryanDFischer: RT @wilnerhotline: Realignment source: UConn to ACC could happen as soon as Tuesday.

Who else would you want?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who else would you want?
Louisville.

Best football team in the Big East and a better basketball school. Not that it matters as FSU will now definitely look to get the hell out of the ACC.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
UVA friend of mine says UVA won't go anywhere without Duke and UNC.
Well if your friend says it....

Old 11-19-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

I thought they had their hearts/sights set on the Big 12 but yea, that makes sense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So what will the divisions look like?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So what will the divisions look like?
I've heard that Maryland will go the Legends (mostly Western) division, while Rutgers will go to the Leaders division. Maryland-Rutgers will be the new crossover rivalry.

I figured they would simply move Illinois over and add both teams on the East Coast.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

@JFowlerCBS: ACC in talks with UConn, Louisville, South Florida & Cincinnati about 14th team to replace Maryland, source told @CBSSports.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
This isn't even remotely true, and is based on nothing but a myth about contiguous states that won't go away.

Georgia Tech has been, and will continue to be, strongly considered.
So much of a myth that they've continued to stick by it with every move. While I agree that they'd expand outside the contiguous states, it would have to be a huge get (something like Texas) to do it and I don't see GT alone being that get. Perhaps if they came in a package with other ACC schools as discussed throughout the thread, it would make sense, but I don't see GT by itself being a target.

Quote:
That was already going to happen with the sanctions and Urban Meyer coming to OSU.
Quote:
Well if your friend says it....
Did I say something to offend you? FWIW, my friend works in the Athletic department there and I talked to another guy I know (who plays for the team currently) and he said there are no rumblings around the team about going anywhere.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-19-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

No, I didn't mean to make it personally. If he's in the athletic department you should have included that, since that obviously substantiates it quite a bit more.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way Connecticut makes sense is if the ACC decides to become a basketball conference. They are letting their expansion be dictated by basketball when football is the big money-maker.

UCONN doesn't really add a great market. If they want a a good basketball team, Louisville adds a better football team and a slightly larger market. UCF and USF offer much larger markets (though Miami and Florida State already help there), huge enrollments (UCF is #2, USF #8), good facilities. All would be better than UCONN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Apparently that source was full of crap

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN
Maryland prez tells regents MD, RU in Leaders Division w/OSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Purdue & Indiana. Illinois moves to Legends

Makes much more sense.