Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-19-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Unless Garrett pulls his head out of his ass I'm pessimistic about our chances. Kerrigan vs Free is a nightmare if we insist of keeping the vertical passing game.

Who knows. Maybe Free will get amnesia and forget the last two years and be the RT we envisioned. Maybe Garrett will decide that no-huddle should be an integral part of our gameplan. Maybe on defense we'll play more pressure based and less "rush 3 and cross our fingers". Odds are though that we'll trot out the same formations and tactics and be down a few touchdowns by half only to ride the emotional rollercoaster to the finish line.

Our rushing game is beyond sad and BtB made me feel even worse about it.

No doubt Murray is a better player but that statline is scary.

On a happy note. Spencer is a monster.
It's good to see Spencer finally living up to his expectations. I wish he played above it though. I wonder if he'll ever be a Pro Bowl player. Rob Ryan's player development cannot be overlooked. He's been down right legendary in developing our players.

...I can't believe how much fear you folks have against the Redskins. LOL.

The Redskins.... ha ha ha ha ha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's good to see Spencer finally living up to his expectations. I wish he played above it though. I wonder if he'll ever be a Pro Bowl player. Rob Ryan's player development cannot be overlooked. He's been down right legendary in developing our players.

The last time you were this confident was...Baltimore?

Its not the fear of the Redskins, its the fear of what stupid azz thing were going to do to cost us a win.....Again

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 11-19-2012 at 04:42 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ doesn't seem too optimistic about Murray playing on Thursday.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not a fear of the Redskins it's a fear of the Cowboys. We are Jekyll and Hyde. If the good Dallas shows up we could win by 4 TDs and not be shocked. If the bad Dallas shows up we could lose by 4 TDs and not be shocked.

We are consistently inconsistent. I literally find myself popping between "PLAYOFFS... Talking about PLAYOFFS" and "Is it draft day yet?" mindsets.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not a fear of the Redskins it's a fear of the Cowboys. We are Jekyll and Hyde. If the good Dallas shows up we could win by 4 TDs and not be shocked. If the bad Dallas shows up we could lose by 4 TDs and not be shocked.

We are consistently inconsistent. I literally find myself popping between "PLAYOFFS... Talking about PLAYOFFS" and "Is it draft day yet?" mindsets.
Yeah, underneath it all I'm right there with you.

This team can screw with your mind! But that's how the NFL is. The worst team can beat the best team any given week. Our problem is that we don't have faith in our HC, so it makes it tough to believe... but if you look at our players, they give me hope. It's like we have to try to win despite Garrett. Our OL might be a mess, but there's ways to get around that. Screens, bootlegs, moving pockets, 3 step drops, blah blah blah... Oh wait... we're back to relying on Garrett again.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So what did you guys think of Morris Claiborne this week?
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what did you guys think of Morris Claiborne this week?
I think Mo bounced back. He will be challenged by Washingtom's speed.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

I'm afraid of the Cowboys offensive line. They give "offensive" a whole different meaning. :(
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013. Players I don't think will be here next year

23 Agnew, Vince CB FA or draft
21 Jenkins, Mike CB GONE
96 Spears, Marcus DE :(. Time to go
76 Dockery, Derrick G Final cuts, might be resigned
59 Sims, Ernie LB 1 yr contract
93 Spencer, Anthony LB I hope we can keep him
2 Moorman, Brian P Him or the other guy
27 Frampton, Eric S DRAFT. OR YOUNG GUYS
26 Peprah, Charlie S SEE ABOVE
78 Parnell, Jermey T DRAFT
15 Holmes, Andre WR 6-4 BETTER SHOW SOMETHING
85 Ogletree, Kevin WR 6-1 GONE
99 Coleman, Kenyon DE. AGE AND INJURY
6 Jones, Chris P 6-0 HIM OR THE OTHER GUY
87 Kemp, Donavon WR 6-1 ONLY BECAUSE HE GOT INJUFRED
56 McSurdy, Caleb. NOTHING SPECIAL
16 Benford, Tim WR 5-11 SEE ABOVE
53 Brown, Jerry LB 6-4 WE WII SEE
75 Finau, Tevita DT 6-4 WE WILL SEE
98 Franklin, Jerry LB 6-1 WE WILL SEE
65 Leary, Ronald G 6-3 WEWILLSEE
49 Olawale, Jamize FB. IF WE DON'T RESIGN JONES
FELIX JONES. TIME TO GO

I think next year their will be a lot of new players.

Anybody on this list u think come back...anybody I misses? And don't say Free....he is not going anywhere at least not next year.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Free keeps playing the way he has been, i have no doubt he'll get cut. We have to deal with the league taking off another $5M from our cap next year and Free sure makes a nice chunk of change. If he wants to stay here, making the money he's making, he needs to 180 it cause right now he doesn't even deserve the veteran minimum.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Anybody on this list u think come back...anybody I misses? And don't say Free....he is not going anywhere at least not next year.
lolwut? Please explain...

He wouldn't be the first cap casualty we ate due to sucking so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012

Even if we draft a rookie he might not be ready to start game one.....I think one more year to lessen the cap hit.....he is a able body.

I think we draft OL AND SAFETY

I think we can pick a DE IN FA...........

it still depends on our final record.....we finish in the top 20 we go for a safety or DL....WE end up 20 plus we go OL
Old 11-20-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Even if we draft a rookie he might not be ready to start game one.....I think one more year to lessen the cap hit.....he is a able body.

I think we draft OL AND SAFETY

I think we can pick a DE IN FA...........

it still depends on our final record.....we finish in the top 20 we go for a safety or DL....WE end up 20 plus we go OL
Don't think you saw much of the game then. Whether a rookie would be ready to play or not, Free shouldn't be playing anywhere anymore. We all said the same things about Columbo before he left, then he went to Miami to start as an "able body" and he made fans want to uproar over how someone so bad could still be in there. I don't care what we do in the draft, Free is done here.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Free

I saw the game.....but remember what we want does not mean we get that. U are a moderator u know that our fan voice doesn't make changes. That why I don't like saying let waive let's cut....IT'S NOT GOING O HAPPEN. Let be realistic. He stays.....u watch. Copy and save for next year....

U put a good solid rookie or and upgrade.....he will play better.

It's a team game......and players get praise....something as much BECAUSE of who they play with and who they play next to....deserving or not.

Remember
Our 3 wr last year
Larry brown
James Washington
Players r people....something we give 100 percent sometimes we don't for whatever reason
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I thought you just made a post stating what players are probably not going to be here next year? Now our fan voice doesn't make changes? I'm confused...

I kinda thought that was the point of what you were doing to begin with, but when I mentioned Free somehow that's unrealistic and fan voices are not heard?

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't follow you at all there chrlopez. Jerry has no problem cutting players early in bad contracts. Free isn't even close to an "able body". Unless he has a dramatic turnaround his roster spot is in major jeopardy.

His salary alone next season will be $7 million and his remaining bonuses sit at $8.35 million. So cutting him following this season will only cost us $1.35 against the cap. We by most estimates will have 25 million in cap space minus 5 for the Mara tax (lol).

So our cap situation:

25 million
-5 million (Mara tax)
-1.35 mil (Free)

Leaves us at 18.65 million prior to making any other moves. Hardly a financial hamstring. However KEEPING Free would cost us more!

Keeping Free Scenario:

-7 (Free salary not including his major signing bonus of 4.175)

Cap Space: 13 million. See the major issue? Keeping Free would prevent us from making major moves and would just hamstring the organization.

End result? Stephen is going to be in his dad's ear about this contract barring a MAJOR turnaround in which Free makes himself worthy of a 11,175,000 cap hit.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

Default Tag team

U got me there.....I wasn't basing my decision once salary cap. :). And I was just trying to say sometimes we want a player cut and in most cases it doesn't happen.

Regarding my previous post......just a list of players I don't see here next year...not a rant on who I don't want. Their is a difference.

Regarding Free.....he might restructure or something....but that is 6 months away.

Things happen.....players start to play better.

Ever wonder why players leave one team and play better somewhere else....

Sometimes it the team or supporting class.

I am not making excuses for Free
Old 11-20-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
U got me there.....I wasn't basing my decision once salary cap. :). And I was just trying to say sometimes we want a player cut and in most cases it doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If Free keeps playing the way he has been, i have no doubt he'll get cut. We have to deal with the league taking off another $5M from our cap next year and Free sure makes a nice chunk of change. If he wants to stay here, making the money he's making, he needs to 180 it cause right now he doesn't even deserve the veteran minimum.
I referenced his cap number immediately, because that along with his play will be an easy cut to make. He's not worth 7 million dollars against our salary cap, especially not in a situation where we already have to deal with the crutch of the Mara tax.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

With Ogs more than likely out of Thursday's game, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Harris and Beasley.

Old 11-20-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
With Ogs more than likely out of Thursday's game, I'm looking forward to seeing more of Harris and Beasley.
+11 (Cole Beasley's number). Wanted him as our slot during training camp and certainly has the ability to become a reliable slot man. I would love to be able to cross off 3rd WR in the list of our needs.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good discussion. chrlopez is coming from an understandable standpoint... that sometimes we hope and suggest for things that don't end up coming true. Happens all the time. Naturally, as the ball is not in our court.

But often times we as fans are right in our diagnosis of what needs fixing, and it makes for good discussion. I think most of us here are natural problem solvers. We see a problem and we want to fix it right away. ...not just in football, but in life in general too. So when we see an obvious problem, we are pretty passionate in wanting it fixed.... and if we can notice it, surely we hope that our front office notices it too.

We've seen it all as Cowboys fans..

Players that we wanted to keep and we kept.
Players that we wanted to keep, but we didn't
Players that we wanted to dump, but we kept.
Players that we wanted to dump and we dumped.

All with mixed results... Overall, I think our track record is pretty good. We do tend to keep guys around longer than they should, but at least we can say by the time we're done with them, we used up all their usefulness, huh? lol. Painstakingly along the way. :/

One thing I wish is for us to refresh our talent before they get old and hurt us. But with Free, he's supposed to be in his prime, so with how bad he is and how expensive he is, I think it's an easy call for him to be a candidate to be cut.

Hey Trog, where'd you get your salary numbers from? Is that really what we're looking at going into this offseason and is that all that Free's cap hit is? Seems small.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
+11 (Cole Beasley's number). Wanted him as our slot during training camp and certainly has the ability to become a reliable slot man. I would love to be able to cross off 3rd WR in the list of our needs.
Strange how Danny Coale keeps piling up injury after injury. Hopefully Beasley steps it up. He's kind of limited athletically, but I want to see what kind of heart he plays with.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Saw the game for the 2nd run through vs the Browns and just 2 quick points:

We got hosed on that Dez catch they blew dead. Like, hosed really bad. There was a ton of contact and defenders but it took 1 easy look to see that he was moving forward the entire time, and moving forward quite a bit. It didn't look like the defenders let up because of a whistle either, I saw it 5-6 times after the initial look and he was shrugging the last guy off bouncing forward when the whistle did blow.

We have got to start taking advantage of him earlier. If they are going to give a 10 yard cushion please, please take those short hitch routes that are always there. He's always got a chance to break those plays off. We always start off so cold, but the 5 hard hitches to Dez are always open every game. Once we realized it we started marching right down the field and Romo got hot. Doesn't take a long drop back and helps when your line sucks.

Second point was that Parnell is a MASSIVE upgrade over Doug Free. I'm sure we won't admit that he is until after the year, and would rather suck it up all year to prove a point, but it's very obvious.

I know I'm having to gauge that from opposite sides, but Pernell is a bigger, stronger guy anyway, he seems to struggle more on quicker guys and finesse moves then he does a bigger guy or a power move. He had a pretty bad holding penalty, but for being thrust into the line-up he was a rock most of the game. Honestly after watching for the 2nd time, it reminded me why I didn't notice Smith was out for so long.

Just watch him vs Washington. He would make a really good RT, and if you watch Doug Free, and him this game, it would be clearly obvious who would be the guy who should be starting and the guy who shouldn't be on a team. It's all financial right now, because there is absolutely no way, the people who are paid to break down the tape don't see the same thing. If anybody recorded the game, watch those two and tell me if you don't see how big a difference it is.

Good thing is Parnell starting and putting on a good show at LT makes him harder to take off the field. Plug him into RT when Smith is healthy and I think we upgraded. He's quick enough to get into position but he has a powerful first punch, if he gets into good position you don't beat him. Or at least the Browns pass rushers didn't. All I can do is hope it happens.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I also didn't see Bob around this week to tell us how Dez is only good in shorts, overrated by Cowboy fans, and Austin should be our #1 WR. Funny how that works though isn't it? Not as fun to troll this week I guess, but for a guy who is right all the time ironic he only shows up consistently for certain weeks.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I also didn't see Bob around this week to tell us how Dez is only good in shorts, overrated by Cowboy fans, and Austin should be our #1 WR. Funny how that works though isn't it? Not as fun to troll this week I guess, but for a guy who is right all the time ironic he only shows up consistently for certain weeks.
Well, I did ip ban him this time, so maybe that's why. He'll be back sooner or later. We've done this before.