Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 11: Bears at 49ers

Week 11:
Monday, November 19, 2012

Chicago Bears (7-2)
At
San Francisco 49ers (6-2-1)

Time: 5: 30 pm pst
Line: SF -7.0
Announcers (ESPN): Mike Tirico, Jon Gruden, Lisa Salters

Well, letís wrap up last weeks debacle:

Moving on.

Looks like this:

And this:

Has passed the concussion tests and should be OK and starting Monday.

Prognosis not so rosey for this guy:

Looks like the Bears are rolling with this:

Normally, Iíd throw in a joke about Jason Campbell here, but I underestimated the Rams and the Vikings this year and those didnít end well. So this time around Iím just going to consider Campbell as an elite QB, ranked slightly ahead of Rodgers, Brees and Gabbert.

Iíll admit it, the Bears are rocking one of my favorite players:

Turnover machine.

I think Smith is just going to identify Tillman pre-snap and then completely ignore him.

Hey, remember me?:

Targets the last 4 games:
6 SFO NYG 5.0
7 SFO SEA 0.0
8 SFO ARI 2.0
10 SFO STL 5.0

Thatís ugly.

Whatever.

MOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR of this as much as possible:

Standings
NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers (6-2-1)
2. Seattle Seahawks (6-4)
3. Arizona Cardinals (4-6)
3. St. Louis Rams (3-6-1)

NFC North
1. Chicago Bears (7-2)
2. Green Bay Packers (6-4)
3. Minnesota Vikings (6-4)
4. Detroit Lions (4-6)

-Special Note:

Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I almost wonder if it would be better to put Cutler in there. The last time the 49ers faced him he had his worst day as a pro if I recall throwing five interceptions. Of course both teams are different than they were three years ago. However, Jay does start to press and throw picks if pressure gets in his face. That being said I guess I'd still rather have Campbell back there. I'm hoping that he plays a little rusty not having been in sync with the offense for very long.

And I hope for the love of all that is good in the world that Greg Roman starts utilizing Vernon Davis. Really, the joke is over. It's time to get our tight end involved in the pass game. Won't be surprised if the 49ers try to just grind out this win via the ground the good defense. Might not to want to put Smith in too many bad spots. Should be interesting.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Greg Roman,

Hi! Brent here. Listen, earlier this year I drafted a young man named Vernon Davis for my fantasy team. I did this because, outside of Frank Gore, he's my favorite Niner and he was destined to have a monster season. Though the first five games this year, I felt I had made a smart choice. Sadly, this has not been the case as of late. I think I speak for most of us when I say that, last year, we thought the play-calling was mostly impeccable. Hell, there are many times during a game where I wonder if there is going to be yet another formation to run out of. So, I commend you for that.

However, you haven't shown that same proclivity for creativity in the passing game. The Niners need that. I need it, too. Please, this is a throwing league. And you didn't win in the playoffs running the ball, that's for sure. Don't believe me? Look at the 4th quarter of that Saints game... or the abortion of a passing attack against the Giants last season.

With regards,

Brent

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So quarterbacks against the Bears this year have a completion percentage of 58.8%, 215 YPG, 0.9 TD/game, 2.1 INT/game, and a 59.3 QB rating. That is not encouraging. I have a feeling that this is going to be a week filled with a lot of "bench Alex Smith" talk, even if he beats those averages and we win.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd .... I was completely wrong on Alex Smith. Just heard he won't play. CK gets the start.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep just heard that as well. Oh well, time to see what CK can do
Old 11-19-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tonight could be a pivotal moment in the future of the niners.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaepernick prediction -

65% completion, 200+ yards, 2 TD, no INT....plus an extra 40 yards rushing and a TD....

49ers win....

28-10
Old 11-19-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CK didn't get any 1st team reps this week. That's not ******* good. We'll be lucky to squeak out a win.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dam dan is being generous for CK . I hope we do win but it won't be a big stat kind of game.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CK got the majority of the reps this past Saturday. Trust me, he'll be ready. As long as Harbaugh doesnt chain him like he does Alex, he'll be fine once the jitters go away after a series or two.

Let's go NINERS!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Being positive here. KaeperVICK gonna account for three total touchdowns with no turnovers in a dismantling of the Bears overrated defense
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Let's go Niners!!! Crush Chicago and turn them into little cubs!!! Come on!!!

17-0 thus far baby!!! Yeah, **** yeah!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

unleash The Kaepernick

Old 11-19-2012, 09:25 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

9/11 158 TD...hasnt run yet or been touched. Love this guy's arm. :)
Old 11-19-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Stop it Brent! You know you are subconsciously rooting for Kaep to fail to validate Alex Smith ... or something ridiculous like that.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

A QB with a cannon for an arm and Hunter was going to pass??? Come on, crap like this is what im talking about. Crap like that rarely works. No reason to get cute. I hate this cute crap that Harbaugh likes running. Just put the ******* team away.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Damn it!!! Sacked. Oh well. I can live with a FG. 20-0. And am I the only one holding their breath when Akers kicks?
Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is excatly what I didn't want for this team. Not talking about a a great win, but a over-blown QB controversy. Especially one that isn't warranted. CK played great. Made some nice throws and some nice, simple adjustments at the line but the Bears played right into our hands.

The Bears didn't disguise their coverage early and they paid for it. Roman started out giving CK simple reads. We went with a lot of heavy sets, play-action out of those which usually left a mis-match(mainly VD) open. Those first couple of throws were nicely set-up to give CK some early success. Then CK made nice sight adjustments and audible to a couple of quick slants. Nothing earth-shattering. But the Bears never confused CK...except for that sack where they showed blitz then dropped into coverage. No defense from here on out would approach CK the same way. They never made CK second guess anything he was seeing. Very surprised by the Bears approach.

That being said, CK made some nice throws. Displayed some nice touch and improvisation skills. He also missed a few too but I don't even fault him for those. But he didn't do anything Alex hasn't done repeatedly all year. Alex is still the best QB for this team. And anyone who thinks CK could keep up this production is fooling themselves. But it's nice to see that CK has been brought along nicely. Future looks very promising.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the team, including Kaepernick, knows that this is Alex's team. It won't be until the off season that a QB battle will begin.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how long will it take dan to rant all about CK performance from tonight? It was great yes but against a terrible defense performance from the bears.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
This is excatly what I didn't want for this team. Not talking about a a great win, but a over-blown QB controversy. Especially one that isn't warranted. CK played great. Made some nice throws and some nice, simple adjustments at the line but the Bears played right into our hands.

The Bears didn't disguise their coverage early and they paid for it. Roman started out giving CK simple reads. We went with a lot of heavy sets, play-action out of those which usually left a mis-match(mainly VD) open. Those first couple of throws were nicely set-up to give CK some early success. Then CK made nice sight adjustments and audible to a couple of quick slants. Nothing earth-shattering. But the Bears never confused CK...except for that sack where they showed blitz then dropped into coverage. No defense from here on out would approach CK the same way. They never made CK second guess anything he was seeing. Very surprised by the Bears approach.

That being said, CK made some nice throws. Displayed some nice touch and improvisation skills. He also missed a few too but I don't even fault him for those. But he didn't do anything Alex hasn't done repeatedly all year. Alex is still the best QB for this team. And anyone who thinks CK could keep up this production is fooling themselves. But it's nice to see that CK has been brought along nicely. Future looks very promising.
Don't tell that to the rest of the forum. You know, the people that don't watch the team unless it's a primetime game.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a very open Alex Smith-supporter, I will say that Kaepernick made 2 throws that Alex Smith likely wouldn't have. The 1st quarter 50+ yarder to Kyle Williams, and the 3rd quarter intermediate-middle throw the Vernon. Those were both "dangerous" throws that Smith rarely makes.

Smith is the more complete option, but I'm excited for what Kaep has shown.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post

Why??? Tonight was great. We appear to finally have a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm. And yeah, he overthrew a pass or two but I rather see passes overthrown instead of underthrown or intercepted. Granted, the Bears werent prepared but for the first time since Harbaugh has become the head coach, it didnt feel like our QB was chained down. Kaepernick is Harbaugh's hand picked QB period. Smith is a leftover. Smith is the veteran backup type QB. Kaepernick impressed the hell out of me. Even when the Bears did get pressure on him, he either avoided it or threw the ball away.

Most importantly and also for the first time since Harbaugh became our head coach, I finally have some excitement and confidence in our offense and that we can finally average 30ppg. Also, our offense was more aggressive passing than I have seen them all season. Finally, passing down field. Instead of short consertative passes.

Sorry but I know you guys want Smith to stay the starter but no damn way. With Smith, our offense isnt a threat period. And with the Saints next week who have a horrible defense, we should be able to score some points. Add in Kaepernick's mobility and he's a legitimate dual threat. He barely ran and when he did, he already won us the game passing wise.

Having a legitimate passing offense and scoring more points makes us the most dangerous team in the NFL because if we get a lead like we had tonight with our running game, defense and special teams, we'll be nearly impossible to beat. Kaepernick looked poised, calm and relaxed. His passes that he didnt overthrow were perfectly on target. Something Smith hasnt been able to do down the field.

Sorry but with all the weapons we have on offense, its time they get used to the most of their ability. With Smith, thats just never going to happen. With Kaepernick, our receivers can finally be legitimate dangerous weapons instead of just decoys half the damn time.

I love Kapernick's arm and while I dont think he'll start if Smith is healthy next week, I think that Kaepernick should start because
he gives our offense a legitimate chance of scoring touchdowns and more points. 23ppg isnt going to cut it in a passing and scoring league. Time to surpass all these crappy ass teams and get back to dominating like this franchise used to.

16/23 (70%), 243, 2 TD

And damn, I was nearly spot on with my prediction for his stats. He had more passing yards and less rushing yards than I thought he would.

I know you guys are going to want Smith to remain the starter but let's be realistic. If we dont win the Super Bowl this year with Smith as a starter, everyone is going to say why we didnt stay with Kaepernick? Even if we dont win the Super Bowl with Kaepernick, it doesnt matter because he's still the future of this franchise at QB.

And quite honestly, I think that we have a better chance at winning a Super Bowl with Kaepernick than we do with Smith because our passing offense is now a legitimate threat. Unless Kaepernick does the opposite against the Saints, there's no way I even think about going back to Smith.

To each his own though.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:56 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
As a very open Alex Smith-supporter, I will say that Kaepernick made 2 throws that Alex Smith likely wouldn't have. The 1st quarter 50+ yarder to Kyle Williams, and the 3rd quarter intermediate-middle throw the Vernon. Those were both "dangerous" throws that Smith rarely makes.

Smith is the more complete option, but I'm excited for what Kaep has shown.
I also think Kaepernick escaped 2-3 sacks that Alex would have taken. Even the Crabs TD was a play i don't think Alex makes this year.

Harbaugh in post-game PC: We usually ride the hot hand, both QB's have the hot hand. We'll make a determination on who starts as the week goes on (i think this is regardless of Alex's health).
Closed Thread