Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Why??? Tonight was great. We appear to finally have a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm. And yeah, he overthrew a pass or two but I rather see passes overthrown instead of underthrown or intercepted. Granted, the Bears werent prepared but for the first time since Harbaugh has become the head coach, it didnt feel like our QB was chained down. Kaepernick is Harbaugh's hand picked QB period. Smith is a leftover. Smith is the veteran backup type QB. Kaepernick impressed the hell out of me. Even when the Bears did get pressure on him, he either avoided it or threw the ball away.

Most importantly and also for the first time since Harbaugh became our head coach, I finally have some excitement and confidence in our offense and that we can finally average 30ppg. Also, our offense was more aggressive passing than I have seen them all season. Finally, passing down field. Instead of short consertative passes.

Sorry but I know you guys want Smith to stay the starter but no damn way. With Smith, our offense isnt a threat period. And with the Saints next week who have a horrible defense, we should be able to score some points. Add in Kaepernick's mobility and he's a legitimate dual threat. He barely ran and when he did, he already won us the game passing wise.

Having a legitimate passing offense and scoring more points makes us the most dangerous team in the NFL because if we get a lead like we had tonight with our running game, defense and special teams, we'll be nearly impossible to beat. Kaepernick looked poised, calm and relaxed. His passes that he didnt overthrow were perfectly on target. Something Smith hasnt been able to do down the field.

Sorry but with all the weapons we have on offense, its time they get used to the most of their ability. With Smith, thats just never going to happen. With Kaepernick, our receivers can finally be legitimate dangerous weapons instead of just decoys half the damn time.

I love Kapernick's arm and while I dont think he'll start if Smith is healthy next week, I think that Kaepernick should start because
he gives our offense a legitimate chance of scoring touchdowns and more points. 23ppg isnt going to cut it in a passing and scoring league. Time to surpass all these crappy ass teams and get back to dominating like this franchise used to.

16/23 (70%), 243, 2 TD

And damn, I was nearly spot on with my prediction for his stats. He had more passing yards and less rushing yards than I thought he would.

I know you guys are going to want Smith to remain the starter but let's be realistic. If we dont win the Super Bowl this year with Smith as a starter, everyone is going to say why we didnt stay with Kaepernick? Even if we dont win the Super Bowl with Kaepernick, it doesnt matter because he's still the future of this franchise at QB.

And quite honestly, I think that we have a better chance at winning a Super Bowl with Kaepernick than we do with Smith because our passing offense is now a legitimate threat. Unless Kaepernick does the opposite against the Saints, there's no way I even think about going back to Smith.

To each his own though.
You need to look at how well the offense has played behind Alex. It's clear as day that you watched this game from a biased perspective. Alex's last 2 games he was 26-28 with 4 TD's and 0 Ints. 30, 27, 34, 45, 24. You act like the 49ers have struggled to score this year.