Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Why??? Tonight was great. We appear to finally have a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm. And yeah, he overthrew a pass or two but I rather see passes overthrown instead of underthrown or intercepted. Granted, the Bears werent prepared but for the first time since Harbaugh has become the head coach, it didnt feel like our QB was chained down. Kaepernick is Harbaugh's hand picked QB period. Smith is a leftover. Smith is the veteran backup type QB. Kaepernick impressed the hell out of me. Even when the Bears did get pressure on him, he either avoided it or threw the ball away.

Most importantly and also for the first time since Harbaugh became our head coach, I finally have some excitement and confidence in our offense and that we can finally average 30ppg. Also, our offense was more aggressive passing than I have seen them all season. Finally, passing down field. Instead of short consertative passes.

Sorry but I know you guys want Smith to stay the starter but no damn way. With Smith, our offense isnt a threat period. And with the Saints next week who have a horrible defense, we should be able to score some points. Add in Kaepernick's mobility and he's a legitimate dual threat. He barely ran and when he did, he already won us the game passing wise.

Having a legitimate passing offense and scoring more points makes us the most dangerous team in the NFL because if we get a lead like we had tonight with our running game, defense and special teams, we'll be nearly impossible to beat. Kaepernick looked poised, calm and relaxed. His passes that he didnt overthrow were perfectly on target. Something Smith hasnt been able to do down the field.

Sorry but with all the weapons we have on offense, its time they get used to the most of their ability. With Smith, thats just never going to happen. With Kaepernick, our receivers can finally be legitimate dangerous weapons instead of just decoys half the damn time.

I love Kapernick's arm and while I dont think he'll start if Smith is healthy next week, I think that Kaepernick should start because
he gives our offense a legitimate chance of scoring touchdowns and more points. 23ppg isnt going to cut it in a passing and scoring league. Time to surpass all these crappy ass teams and get back to dominating like this franchise used to.

16/23 (70%), 243, 2 TD

And damn, I was nearly spot on with my prediction for his stats. He had more passing yards and less rushing yards than I thought he would.

I know you guys are going to want Smith to remain the starter but let's be realistic. If we dont win the Super Bowl this year with Smith as a starter, everyone is going to say why we didnt stay with Kaepernick? Even if we dont win the Super Bowl with Kaepernick, it doesnt matter because he's still the future of this franchise at QB.

And quite honestly, I think that we have a better chance at winning a Super Bowl with Kaepernick than we do with Smith because our passing offense is now a legitimate threat. Unless Kaepernick does the opposite against the Saints, there's no way I even think about going back to Smith.

To each his own though.
You need to look at how well the offense has played behind Alex. It's clear as day that you watched this game from a biased perspective. Alex's last 2 games he was 26-28 with 4 TD's and 0 Ints. 30, 27, 34, 45, 24. You act like the 49ers have struggled to score this year.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
As a very open Alex Smith-supporter, I will say that Kaepernick made 2 throws that Alex Smith likely wouldn't have. The 1st quarter 50+ yarder to Kyle Williams, and the 3rd quarter intermediate-middle throw the Vernon. Those were both "dangerous" throws that Smith rarely makes.

Smith is the more complete option, but I'm excited for what Kaep has shown.
I agree with all of this.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
So how long will it take dan to rant all about CK performance from tonight? It was great yes but against a terrible defense performance from the bears.

Bears defense is what top three? No way Smith has the same performance and here's why - Harbaugh doesnt have the confidence in Smith that he has in Kaepernick to be more aggressive and pass downfield. With Smith, we all know what the gameplan is. Short passes, runs, gimmick plays, more runs, play scared, non aggressive football. I'm tired of that crap. The teams that win are the ones that are aggressive and go out and take the win instead of hoping the win comes to them.

You guys can bash me all you want but Kaepernick is the future QB either way and barring an injury or a horrible game against the Saints, I wouldnt even think of going back to Smith.

Harbaugh traded up to draft Kaepernick. Kaepernick is Harbaugh's hand picked guy. Smith is NOT and never will be. Thats evident in the play-calling and the difference in styles. With Kaepernick, we're aggressive. With Smith, we're consertative because Harbaugh is scared of Smith turning the ball over and making mistakes. Another positive is that with Kaepernick's arm strength, better accuracy on deep throws is that if we get behind or Kaepernick turns the ball over, the threat of coming back is still there. With Smith, not so much.

With Smith, we try to get a small ten point of so lead and basically try to hold and ride it to a win. With Kaepernick, we're far more aggressive and looking to score more points instead of just hoping to hold on for the win. Another positive to Kaepernick is that if our offense can be this good, it makes our defense and the rest of the team better.

Cant always expect the defense to bail us out every game because its not going to happen.

But again, to each his own.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knee jerk reactions for the win. I bet Dan creamed his pants in Tim Rattay's 2003 debut when he lit up the Rams that year who went 12-4.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys can bash me all you want but Kaepernick is the future QB either way and barring an injury or a horrible game against the Saints, I wouldnt even think of going back to Smith.
Oh, so if Colin has a bad game against the Saints you're immediately off the wagon. Cool story bro.

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 11:10 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed CK performance and the rest of team game tonight it was great to watch to compared to last week ugly game. I know that Smith will stay the QB rest of the season. I think JH post conference is just a bluff he leave out Smith rest of the season next is when the battle begins and it will be fun. I too love having the mobility of a duel threat QB it adds more to the offense .
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering where this aggressive, downfield, point-scoring barrage that Dan speaks of was last week when Kaep was playing.

It must've been Kaepernick who put up 30 on the Pack, 34 on the Jets, and 45 on the Bills. It must've been Kaep throwing the ball 18-19 for 3 TDs against the Cards.

Kaep looked REALLY good tonight, but c'mon Dan!

Last edited by phlysac : 11-19-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just fuckinn embarrassed them. That felt awesome.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:21 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about that 2011 draft class? Aldon, Kaep, Cully, Hunter all played great. Only mishap was Cully giving up a jump ball TD to Marshall when the Bears shouldn't have even had the ball.

You the man, Baalke

Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You need to look at how well the offense has played behind Alex. It's clear as day that you watched this game from a biased perspective. Alex's last 2 games he was 26-28 with 4 TD's and 0 Ints. 30, 27, 34, 45, 24. You act like the 49ers have struggled to score this year.
I'll admit that I am biased. Just like everyone here was when Smith sucked for seven years. Yards wise, except for the Bills, Kaepernick had more passing yards against a top three defense or whatever the hell the Bears are in his first career start than Smith has had all season.

49ers have struggled to score this year. They're not doing any better than last season. Averaging 23.6ppg this season in eight games with Smith. In one game with Kaepernick, 32 points. 8.4 points is a HUGE difference between winning and losing in the NFL nowadays because its a scoring league and a passing offense league. Thats what it is.

Question -

Do you think that Smith could have dominated the Bears defense like Kaepernick did tonight? Do you think that Smith can make those deep passes with accuracy? Do you think that our offense can be more up tempo and aggressive with Smith like we were tonight with Kaepernick? Your answers to those questions determines whether or not you think that Smith or Kaepernick is the better option at QB.

And everyone here is acting like Kaepernick crushed the Jets or Bills non-existent crappy defenses. He didnt. He dominated the Bears defense which caused no turnovers. Kaepernick buried their ass after the first half. When the last time Smith did that against a top three defense? I dont think that he ever has. But correct me if im wrong.

I'm just sick and tired of all this boring, predictable, consertative play-calling because when the playoffs come and a team that can score 30 points is going to kick our asses. Only team we played with an actual offense were the Giants and once we got behind, it was over and done with. Packers have offense now but they started off slow. The way the Packers offense is playing and the way the Saints offense is playing, do you really think that Smith can keep up with them in a running based consertative offense? I dont and the proof is that we've seen it happen already.

Yeah, Smith did great against the Saints in the playoffs but at the same time, if you subtract our early lead and turnovers, you could also say that we get blown out. If we had the offense we had tonight against the Giants, we would have blown them away. The Saints game was basically going back and forth at the end but if a team gets a 20 point lead on us, do you really think that Smith gives us a better chance of coming back to win the game than Kaepernick does? I dont because Kaepernick's arm alone makes him the winner.

I'm sorry but im just sick and tired of seeing the same damn crappy running, consertative games. After the years of 2003-2010, we finally have a QB with a damn arm who can actually make our passing offense something that it hasnt been since 2002 - a legitimate threat which in itself will make our running game better than it already is plus make our defense better because they will be much more rested since we'll be able to have longer drives. To me, Kaepernick's positives outweigh his negatives and compared to Smith, the only positive Smith has over Kaepernick is his experience and leadership but both of those things will come in time.

Anyway, im happy and truly excited for the first time since last season because we finally have an offense thats actually a threat. I'm hoping Kaepernick stays the starter even though I dont think that he will. But again, to each his own.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:29 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep on dreaming dan. Smith will be the rest of season.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:30 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
How about that 2011 draft class? Aldon, Kaep, Cully, Hunter all played great. Only mishap was Cully giving up a jump ball TD to Marshall when the Bears shouldn't have even had the ball.

You the man, Baalke

Post of the year....and don't you ever leave out Bruce Miller again :)
Old 11-19-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I'll admit that I am biased. Just like everyone here was when Smith sucked for seven years. Yards wise, except for the Bills, Kaepernick had more passing yards against a top three defense or whatever the hell the Bears are in his first career start than Smith has had all season.

49ers have struggled to score this year. They're not doing any better than last season. Averaging 23.6ppg this season in eight games with Smith. In one game with Kaepernick, 32 points. 8.4 points is a HUGE difference between winning and losing in the NFL nowadays because its a scoring league and a passing offense league. Thats what it is.
Alex Smith on the season averages 7.98 yards per attempt. Kaepernick averages 7.92 yards per attempt. You talk about passing yards... tell the whole story.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Oh, so if Colin has a bad game against the Saints you're immediately off the wagon. Cool story bro.
Me personally, I wouldnt go back to Smith unless Kaepernick gets injured. If he plays bad, I would still stay with him. I think that if he starts against the Saints and plays bad, Harbaugh will go back to Smith.

I would keep Kaepernick the starter period barring injury.

Quote:
I'm wondering where this aggressive, downfield, point-scoring barrage that Dan speaks of was last week when Kaep was playing.

It must've been Kaepernick who put up 30 on the Pack, 34 on the Jets, and 45 on the Bills. It must've been Kaep throwing the ball 18-19 for 3 TDs against the Cards.

Kaep looked REALLY good tonight, but c'mon Dan!
Kaepernick didnt start last week and Harbaugh wasnt aggressive at all when Kaepernick went in the game. Huge difference. Tonight, Harbaugh let Kaepernick go out and play aggressive.

30, 34 and 45 points against CRAPPY defenses. Give me a break. Smith played good against the Cardinals but what was his longest pass completion? Majority of those completions were short passes.

Here's a question -

Excluding the Saints playoff win and the Eagles game last season, has there been any games that Smith has looked better than how Kaepernick looked tonight?

The answer to that to me is no.

And another question -

Every week, there's something that Smith does that annoys or bugs you guys. Whether its accuracy, taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away, etc.

Was there anything that Kaepernick did tonight that annoyed, bugged or pissed you off tonight?

For the first time in a LONG time, we finally have a franchise QB with a cannon for an arm and its time to take full advantage of that.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Alex Smith on the season averages 7.98 yards per attempt. Kaepernick averages 7.92 yards per attempt. You talk about passing yards... tell the whole story.
You cant compare all the pass attempts that Smith has already made compared to Kaepernick. You talk about telling the whole story but neither are you.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

But whatever. Just have to wait and see what happens.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** is Harbaugh thinking? I just saw what he said in the post-game press conference. Are you ******* kidding me? Nothing better to distract a team with than a little QB controversy. Easily, the dumbest thing that's come out of his mouth as our coach. Just unbelievable he would come out say some dumb **** like "well we tend to go with the hot hand in these situations". ********, you go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win every week. You were a QB in the NFL....you should ******* know better. Wow, just wow...now I have to hear players answer dumb ass questions from here on out. "Well who do you think should start Frank" "Who would rather catch passes from Vernon".

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 11-19-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
You cant compare all the pass attempts that Smith has already made compared to Kaepernick. You talk about telling the whole story but neither are you.
Why not? You compared a PPG average through 9 games for Smith against 1 game for Kaepernick. The fact that Smith has attempted more passes actually makes it MORE difficult to have a higher average. But nice attempt at an argument.

Seriously. Anyone rooting for one guy over the other really pisses me off. I'm happy BOTH 49ers QBs can win games. Whichever player lines up behind center I'm rooting 100% for.

This "controversy" is NOT going to help the team. But feel free to keep perpetuating it.

I'm happy as hell with how Kaep played... but knee-jerk reactions don't make a knee out of you.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win. Championship-caliber defense showed up tonight in a big way. Special teams had arguable their best coverage though Ginn didn't due much other than field the kicks cleanly, which was enough. I had faith in Kap but didn't expect him to look that polished the entire game. O-Line dominated and Rachal single-handedly screwed the Bears several times....Hahahaha. Aldon and Justin Smith, Willis and Bowman are all All-Pros; it's not even close. They just dominate.

Harbaugh is a Godsend to Niners QBs so far. We might be looking at Walsh 2.0 here in many ways. I'm so excited about this team now and for the coming years with (finally) the right FO and coaching mix.

Who's got it better than us? NOBODY!

Great win but a challenging remaining schedule with many road games await this team. They are poised to take homefield advantage and secure a bye if they keep playing at this level.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-19-2012, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Per Maiocco.

Quote:
49ers TE Vernon Davis: "I felt like somebody took the handcuffs off me."

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
What the **** is Harbaugh thinking? I just saw what he said in the post-game press conference. Are you ******* kidding me? Nothing better to distract a team with than a little QB controversy. Easily, the dumbest thing that's come out of his mouth as our coach. Just unbelievable he would come out say some dumb **** like "well we tend to go with the hot hand in these situations". ********, you go with the guy who gives you the best chance to win every week. You were a QB in the NFL....you should ******* know better. Wow, just wow...now I have to hear players answer dumb ass questions from here on out. "Well who do you think should start Frank" "Who would rather catch passes from Vernon".
Yeah. Let's hope it doesn't hurt the team.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Per Maiocco.
He said the difference was that the Bears didn't game-plan to take him out. He said this is the 1st time in weeks that what they saw on film was what was played during the game. So, the BEARS took the handcuffs off him.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
He said the difference was that the Bears didn't game-plan to take him out. He said this is the 1st time in weeks that what they saw on film was what was played during the game. So, the BEARS took the handcuffs off him.
I assumed it might have been taken out of context.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Maybe he didn't want to slight Colin. I have a feeling reporters were going to ask those kinds of questions regardless of what Jim Harbaugh said. He kept reiterating that both of his quarterbacks have the "hot hand". Whoever it is, I just hope he makes a decision and doesn't flip flop. I'd be shocked if it wasn't Alex starting against the Saints this coming weekend though. Even if Alex throws three touchdowns I already know it will be because it was just the Saints defense.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I assumed it might have been taken out of context.
I can't comment on the context. I'm just relaying what he said in his on-field interview. He was asked why Kaep found him the ball when he hadn't been getting it. He responded by saying that the Bears didn't revolve their defense around stopping him.

If he changed his context towards Maiocco, then he's telling two stories.