Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be the better the player in your opinion
Von Miller 78 69.64%
Aldon Smith 16 14.29%
Too close for comfort 18 16.07%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Aldon Smith or Von Miller?

Both players are rising up the league sack sheet at record pace. Coming into the league Von was and still does get most of the hype. In your NFLDC expert poster opinion who ultimately is and/or will become the best player between the two and why?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:00 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Von Miller because he can do it all. Smith is a great pass rusher and has improved in the run game but just because he beat up on Carimi and Webb I'm not puting him in the Von Miller class. Miller flat out dominates offenses in all areas, and he doesn't befenit from lining up next to a guy like Justin Smith either.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:05 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coin flip but damn Aldon Smith is just so powerful at times on his pass rush. Sometimes he reminds me of Charles Haley.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:08 AM    (permalink
will99890
Rookie

will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.will99890 is a cocksman.

As a diehard niner fan I should pick Aldon, but after watching Von Miller at A&M I knew he was going to be a great all around player in the league.

In college he was a great pass rusher as we all know, but his senior year he got moved from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB which allowed him to show off his fluidity in space and ability to drop back into zone. Those skills carried over very well to the pro game and are what really seperate him from Aldon Smith.

Both are great players, Von Miller is just more versatile.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:22 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a 49ers fan I would still have to say Miller. I think he generates more consistent pressure and the other aspects of his game are also slightly better.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Von Miller for me and it isn't close. God it pains me to say that about a division rival but he's so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Coin flip but damn Aldon Smith is just so powerful at times on his pass rush. Sometimes he reminds me of Charles Haley.
Didn't Gruden say that exact thing last night?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:54 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love you Aldon, but I chose Von as of right now as well.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Von Miller because he can do it all. Smith is a great pass rusher and has improved in the run game but just because he beat up on Carimi and Webb I'm not puting him in the Von Miller class. Miller flat out dominates offenses in all areas, and he doesn't befenit from lining up next to a guy like Justin Smith either.
Yea, because that's the only tackles Aldon Smith has ever made look foolish Then you fail to mention how Miller racked up 3 sacks vs those legendary tackles for the Chargers too right?

Also, Von Miller doesn't benefit from lining up across Elvis Dumervil who is still easily one of the best pass rushers in the league right now? If your going to make an argument for one guy, don't completely ignore how you could use the same points against the player your arguing for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Von Miller for me and it isn't close. God it pains me to say that about a division rival but he's so good.

Didn't Gruden say that exact thing last night?
LOL. I was in and out of that game. If he said it, I missed that. Not surprised though since they have a very similar bodytype and are extremely powerful for their size.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea, because that's the only tackles Aldon Smith has ever made look foolish Then you fail to mention how Miller racked up 3 sacks vs those legendary tackles for the Chargers too right?

Also, Von Miller doesn't benefit from lining up across Elvis Dumervil who is still easily one of the best pass rushers in the league right now? If your going to make an argument for one guy, don't completely ignore how you could use the same points against the player your arguing for.
I'm not doing that at all. Aldon Smith is a very good player but this wasn't even considered an arguement until last night. It's the same in the Kaepernick thread. He had a great game, but let's calm down he's just not on Von's level.

And playing on the opposite side of the line is completely different then playing beside someone. Aldon can basically peel off Smith's hip as he is occupying multiple blockers.

Justin Smith is so dominant that if a guard blocks him he will win with either power or speed. He commands double blocks! On the same side of the line as Smith most of the time. You have to pick your poison here.

And as I mentioned above Miller is more than just a pass rusher. He can drop, he can blow up the run game etc

Old 11-20-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. I haven't seen Miller play as much as Smith. I'm not going to ride the "he's just not on the same level" card though some people want to play.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 11-21-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I don't know. I haven't seen Miller play as much as Smith. I'm not going to ride the "he's just not on the same level" card though some people want to play.

Just like the Vernon Davis and Rob Gronkowski issue, it's not "night and day".
Only this issue is night and day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I'm not doing that at all. Aldon Smith is a very good player but this wasn't even considered an arguement until last night. It's the same in the Kaepernick thread. He had a great game, but let's calm down he's just not on Von's level.

And playing on the opposite side of the line is completely different then playing beside someone. Aldon can basically peel off Smith's hip as he is occupying multiple blockers.

Justin Smith is so dominant that if a guard blocks him he will win with either power or speed. He commands double blocks! On the same side of the line as Smith most of the time. You have to pick your poison here.

And as I mentioned above Miller is more than just a pass rusher. He can drop, he can blow up the run game etc

Yea but it's actually not the same thing. Aldon Smith has been really good since he has been drafted, what your saying would make more sense if this was the first time anybody has ever heard of him. Or his first multi sack game ever. I don't see any correlation what so ever with the Kaepernick situation. Unless you actually think this is Aldon Smith's first good game, which is pretty strange for a guy approaching 30 sacks well before his first 2 seasons are up.

Also Justin Smith and Aldon Smith are on opposite sides a ton of the time, the 'lol' play of the game Aldon was on the left, Justin was on the right side, which is the case a bunch of times. The point is that both guys have a legitimate threat on the defense with them to attack the QB, it's not like Justin Smith makes his life easier because he's stronger but Dumervil doesn't because he's fast. I'm not even arguing that Aldon is better, just that your trying to use a bunch of generalizations about Smith that Miller has basically the same things in his favor.

Quote:
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't very close for me but I loved Von Miller coming out, n he has done nothing but match the incredible expectations I had for him. Doom's a fine partner in crime but the Denver d has no business being as effective as they have been. That Front 7 is a joke outside of those two and the secondary isn't great either. But Miller n Doom make it work. Alison's a beast, but he's doing less with a lot more support.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's cute.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea but it's actually not the same thing. Aldon Smith has been really good since he has been drafted, what your saying would make more sense if this was the first time anybody has ever heard of him. Or his first multi sack game ever. I don't see any correlation what so ever with the Kaepernick situation. Unless you actually think this is Aldon Smith's first good game, which is pretty strange for a guy approaching 30 sacks well before his first 2 seasons are up.

Also Justin Smith and Aldon Smith are on opposite sides a ton of the time, the 'lol' play of the game Aldon was on the left, Justin was on the right side, which is the case a bunch of times. The point is that both guys have a legitimate threat on the defense with them to attack the QB, it's not like Justin Smith makes his life easier because he's stronger but Dumervil doesn't because he's fast. I'm not even arguing that Aldon is better, just that your trying to use a bunch of generalizations about Smith that Miller has basically the same things in his favor.
Yeah I'm not meaning to come across and state that Smith has only come to people's attention after last night. I mean the guy has the most sacks in NFL history through 26 games. However before last night this wasn't an arguement and that's not a disrepect to Smith it's more of a testament to Miller.

I do understand that at times the two Smith's will line up on opposite sides, however I would say at least 70% of the time it is the same side. I still maintain it is easier to protect against two great outside guys than one great outside guy and a great interior guy on the same side.

If the DE/OLB beats the OT the QB is more likely to step up in the pocket rather than run into the other DE. Likewise, if the interior is pushed then the QB can't step up giving the outside guy futher depth on his arc to get to the QB

Old 11-20-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

Aw that sucks for the second time in two days I thought I was being discriminated against for spelling in English English, but apparently in this case I'm just stupid

Old 11-20-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a Miller lover and predicted the HOF for him mid-season last year, however Smith is no slouch either, yes, he plays on a better defense which gives him more 1 on 1 opportunities, but he is very productive and will no doubt have the most sacks in NFL history for first 2 seasons, that's not something you can just ignore. He is also on a HOF pace and the way he played last night showed off his ability to take over a game and dominate.
Smith was very raw coming out of Missouri and his best years are still ahead of him, Miller was far more developed, so I won't rule out Smith as a candidate to match Miller's career just yet.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
this.

it's funny how almost directly the 49ers are apeing the packers from last year.
I believe that is "aping". And what exactly do you mean?
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
this.

it's funny how almost directly the 49ers are apeing the packers from last year.
It's hilariously annoying. But still hilarious I guess.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
that's what i get for using urban dictionary for my spell check.

and i mean, every time a player plays well, we get a thread about how he's the best in the nfl, or has an argument for it, no matter what. *shrug* standard nfldc pattern.
Got ya. It should be noted that this thread and the Kaep thread were not started by 49er fans. Also, 3 out of the 4 49er fans that have posted in this thread have voted for Miller. Not sure about Ness.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Got ya. It should be noted that this thread and the Kaep thread were not started by 49er fans. Also, 3 out of the 4 49er fans that have posted in this thread have voted for Miller. Not sure about Ness.
Its generally 1 or 2 posters that give the bunch a bad name. In these cases just assume when we say 9er fans we mean Ness and Abaddon (maybe that other one who can't speak english, if I could understand what he was saying half the time I'm sure he'd be in that group).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made this thread to settle a bet between a co worker. Thanks guys
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my pet peeves on this forum is, when we compare 2 players, often times we feel the need to talk down on one guy in an attempt to talk up the other.

Both these guys are studs. I'm gonna take Von bc Von is the better all around player right now.

But part of me thinks Aldon will have the better long term career bc of his length. But it's so close to call. Both of these guys are complete studs in the making.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
and i mean, every time a player plays well, we get a thread about how he's the best in the nfl, or has an argument for it, no matter what. *shrug* standard nfldc pattern.
Yea but if we are honest with ourselves, isn't there just as much overreaction the other way? Like I've also noticed just as many people going "geez everybody is trying to put Kaepernick in the HOF" and "here everybody goes with the omggzzz kapernickzzz" post litered all over the place, when 98% of the post I've seen discussing Kaep was just honest feedback about how he looked yesterday. I'd probably say more people were overreacting the other way.

Same for Aldon Smith, I think(or at least I thought) people were recognizing him as one of the best young pass rushers in the NFL for awhile now, not just because he destroyed Webb and Carimi. While what your saying does typically happen with how overreactionary everything is, and ESPN going nuts over the next new thing, neither one of those threads were started in a trolling fashion or had a bunch of trolling post about either player being so awesome.

But just like nfldc overreacts to that type of stuff, there is still the large group who acts like any discussion that takes place is a huge overreaction. I think talking about how Kaep looked, or this argument here, is completely different then watching Peyton throw a million first half picks and watching everyone talk about how he's finished.

Quote: