Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-19-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I have the PS3 and PC version. I was able to have lots of fun with the PS3 version. PC is infinitely better but PS3 is still very fun.
I have heard everything from the PS3 version is unplayable to people not having any problem with it.

I guess I will find out Thursday when I get it.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be safe, update to the latest version, and then make sure you turn off any auto-save features you don't need.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the PS3 version as well and I really enjoy this game a lot. It's not the type of game I generally play but it has been so much fun. I'm about to start over on a higher difficulty this time through and try to do a different type of character.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I have heard everything from the PS3 version is unplayable to people not having any problem with it.

I guess I will find out Thursday when I get it.
I'm in the "had no problem with it" camp.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once i took off the auto save, i had no problem running it on the ps3.

I have actually starting playing it again in the very limited free time that i get. I'm working on my mage character. I feel that a pure mage is the hardest route to go in comparison to the archer & the tank. I'm working hard to get conjuration up to 100 so i can run with 2 atronachs.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is what race you pick when you start a big deal?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is what race you pick when you start a big deal?
Not really, no. Some races give little bonuses that make a certain type of character a bit easier, but unlike previous games Skyrim is pretty wide-open for you to make any race any type of character you want.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-20-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orcs are the ****! I miss skyrim :(

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

My current character is an orc. I installed a mod that adjusted the heights of all NPCs and my character and orcs are now huge.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-22-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Played for the first time today and I really hope my PS3 version doesn't mess up because I'm really liking it.

I turned off auto safe and hopefully everything goes well.

I was pretty sure I was going to like it. I'm a sucker for games that you can level up and buy and sell things.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a word of advice.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I suck at lock picking.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
I suck at lock picking.
It gets easier. You might still get the occasional freeze-up, Bethesda's code writers apparently left a lot of messy crap and don't plan to fix it for the PS3 version. So don't be like me and play for several hours without saving and then lose your progress. I think that was what finally prompted me to upgrade my PC so I could play it on that.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-24-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PC > console

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
It gets easier. You might still get the occasional freeze-up, Bethesda's code writers apparently left a lot of messy crap and don't plan to fix it for the PS3 version. So don't be like me and play for several hours without saving and then lose your progress. I think that was what finally prompted me to upgrade my PC so I could play it on that.
This happened to me a couple times playing for an hour or so with out saving and dying and losing everything. :(

I'm 20 hours in and it has only freezed on me once knock on wood.

I have found it hard to shut the game off haha. There is always one more thing I have to do before I quit. It's pretty freaking awesome.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is why it is my wife's least favorite game. She always "reminds" me to not "get lost" in Skyrim..... which almost always happens.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It's pretty sweet not having to be tied down to one style of play. I like rolling with magic in one hand in a sword in the other. When I started out I was just going to use magic but have had more fun mixing it up.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did the exact same thing, Splat, would have a battle axe or sword in my right hand and shoot fireballs at bitches with my left. Proved to be pretty darn effective especially when mixing in some shouts when need be.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Know it's old but it's funny.

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Funny enough I guess but I think you have the wrong thread.

i done stole dis sig
Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I find myself thinking about this game even when I'm not playing...
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I find myself thinking about this game even when I'm not playing...
It will do that to ya... unfortunately the main quest is but a blip of the game. Its quite underwhelming.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I'm pretty much going full warrior style now even rocking a shield. I was going with magic in one hand and sword in the other. I'm normally all about the magic in these kinda of games but I have had more fun with melee.

I bust out the magic on certain enemy's or to heal myself but for the most part I just be stabbing fools.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When the Dragonborn comes out for PC I might have to install this mod and run through the game fresh.

http://kotaku.com/5965301/this-insan...ore-old+school

Quote:

Blocking is essential. Not blocking in combat is almost like suicide if you don't wear a second skin made of pure steel—as many enemies also have armor piercing attacks (like bears crushing you under their sheer body mass), even that might not save you from a painful death. But don't even think about blocking when you're not trained in it...

Spells

- All existing spells have been redone to suit the mod better (adjusted effects, changed some graphics, renamed for better sorting and much more) *

- Almost all spells now improve with a better spell school skill level *

- Spell costs will double when you only have a very small amount of stamina left

- Heavy Armor increases magicka cost for all spells (up to incastability)—Ongoing Battlemages can get rid of this by investing in certain Heavy Armor perks *

NPCs will yield in a more believable way. When they say it, they mean it! If left alive, they'll be affected by a fear effect that will cause them to panically run away from you for quite some time—if you leave them, they might just disappear or become hostile after you return to the loaction after a long while.

Archers are now extremely deadly. Arrows are much faster, NPCs aim better, drawing a bow takes more time for untrained persons. A normal human will go down with one or two hits when not being armored heavily—for a piece of wood and metal in your intestines isn't something you just shrug off.

Running low on stamina during a fight is possibly the worst thing to happen with this mod: If you become hit by a spell, arrow or whatever sort of attack while your stamina is really low (absolute value), you will become staggered and won't regenerate any stamina for some moments.

Wearing any heavy armor will render most thieving activities much harder or even impossible
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty much going full warrior style now even rocking a shield. I was going with magic in one hand and sword in the other. I'm normally all about the magic in these kinda of games but I have had more fun with melee.

I bust out the magic on certain enemy's or to heal myself but for the most part I just be stabbing fools.
I don't know how people can enjoy being a spellcaster. I've always been a character that either comes in swinging a sword, or long-range death from above with arrows.

My favorite is to sneak shot long-range arrows and then run up and kill.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote