Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-20-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We already turned down Olt+ for Upton, not sure who else we would be trading for him.

Kubel?
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As good as Kubel played last year I think you guys would have to add to the deal to get Olt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I could see it, just traded Ryan Wheeler for a LOOGY and we are going after Kyuji Fujikawa as well. Maybe something like Putz or Ziegler?
I was thinking Ziegler. I doubt the Tigers would want Putz's salary.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
As good as Kubel played last year I think you guys would have to add to the deal to get Olt.
well ya, not really sure what the rangers are after
Old 11-21-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
well ya, not really sure what the rangers are after
Kubel + Bauer + another stud prospect for Olt + Andrus/Profar?

Doubt Texas would wanna get rid of both prospects in a deal and if Profar is included it would likely be Upton and not Kubel.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Rivera and Pettitte will be back before the Winter Meetings. Getting them along with Kuroda signed was definitely offseason goals 1, 2 and 3.

Unconfirmed rumor that Ichiro is coming back for 5 mil + incentives. Don't hate or love the deal, need to get a righty with power to make up for 3 left handers including 2 without power in the OF. With Gardner moving into CF, our OF defense should be excellent though.

Also guessing we'll get something done for Martin in the 3/21-24 range.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone care to take Gomes off the Sox... I would rather see him die in a trash compactor then ever put on a uniform.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Anyone care to take Gomes off the Sox... I would rather see him die in a trash compactor then ever put on a uniform.
Just no reason to go two years this early in the off season for him. He'll butcher the OF and mash lefty pitching like he always does, but just didn't see the demand there to give him that deal.

Oh well, its not like the Red Sox are hurting for cash.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Yanks are going with the same old team?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Red Sox should make that Lester for Wil Myers trade.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
So the Yanks are going with the same old team?
Pitching wasn't an issue.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Older pitchers tend to break down out of nowhere.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Red Sox should make that Lester for Wil Myers trade.
Normally, I wouldn't buy that report that the Royals would be willing to trade Wil Myers for Lester or Shields, but then again the Royals GM IS Dayton Moore

what a horrendous move that would be for the Royals. They aren't competing this year yet would want LEster or Shields who could be FA's in 2014-2015, all the while giving up a consensus top 3-5 MLB prospect who would be under team control for years. MAkes zero sense on the Royals end

Oh and I guess the Angels signed Madson to a 1yr deal. I'm cool with that. Nice low risk/buy low signing who can help out the pen when he returns in May most likely
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
pitchers tend to break down out of nowhere.
Fixed it for you. Yea older pitchers are a bit more likely to break down, but I'll take those three and their history over anything else on the market. Especially with the 2014 plan.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:21 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least Yankees did not trade away young pitchers for aging pitchers. That is important.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox and Royals talking Jon Lester for Will Myers? I still love Lester and we are lacking pitching but do it now.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

The royals would be ******* stupid if they made that deal.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unsurprisingly, the Dodgers have been deemed the frontrunner for Greinke

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/...46361440460802
Old 11-27-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God help us if Johnathan Broxton is going to be our closer next year. I don't mind the Chapman to the rotation move all that much but we could've just resigned Madson instead of offering Broxton the closer spot and a 3 year deal.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Looks like Rivera and Pettitte will be back before the Winter Meetings. Getting them along with Kuroda signed was definitely offseason goals 1, 2 and 3.

Unconfirmed rumor that Ichiro is coming back for 5 mil + incentives. Don't hate or love the deal, need to get a righty with power to make up for 3 left handers including 2 without power in the OF. With Gardner moving into CF, our OF defense should be excellent though.

Also guessing we'll get something done for Martin in the 3/21-24 range.
I read that Martin wants four years and that takes the Yankees out of the race. I hope he goes to the Pirates and I think they'll be the team to go 4/40 for him. Maybe even 4/48 to know for sure they'll get him.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Kubel + Bauer + another stud prospect for Olt + Andrus/Profar?

Doubt Texas would wanna get rid of both prospects in a deal and if Profar is included it would likely be Upton and not Kubel.
For Upton AND Bauer the DBacks can have anything they want!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
Unsurprisingly, the Dodgers have been deemed the frontrunner for Greinke

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm/...46361440460802
If the rumors are true that he will easily get the 6yr/$150 mill he wants....and perhaps more, then yeah, I'm good.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I read that Martin wants four years and that takes the Yankees out of the race. I hope he goes to the Pirates and I think they'll be the team to go 4/40 for him. Maybe even 4/48 to know for sure they'll get him.
Everyone wants 4 years. I doubt Martin gets it. Pirate rumored to be offering 3/25.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Everyone wants 4 years. I doubt Martin gets it. Pirate rumored to be offering 3/25.
Damn Pirates! I wonder which is better deal.... 2 years for 9-10m per(Yankees only can do 2 year deal) or 3/25 from Pirates.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For any player 30 or over, you should almost always take the extra years if the money is otherwise equal.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote