Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be the better the player in your opinion
Von Miller 78 69.64%
Aldon Smith 16 14.29%
Too close for comfort 18 16.07%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
One only has to be better if one is better, and just because one is better doesn't mean the other is a talentless hack. Watt is probably better than JPP right now, but that doesn't mean JPP isn't also a monster.
Does it mean he's clearly inferior?
Old 11-20-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just can't discuss a 49ers player anymore. This board just can't handle it. It has become patently obvious.

I'd take Miller. And it has nothing to do with actual on-field football stuff. I'm just saying I'd take Miller because SWDC do what SWDC do.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
You just can't discuss a 49ers player anymore. This board just can't handle it. It has become patently obvious.

I'd take Miller. And it has nothing to do with actual on-field football stuff. I'm just saying I'd take Miller because SWDC do what SWDC do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
For you it is.
that is why Borat. I'm sorry that a small number of posters brings it down, but that is why. I <3 you though. And Brent even though he's a drunk asshole who says mean things lots of times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Von Miller is the better pass rusher and better run defender.
People want to talk about how Aldon destroyed the Bears OL, well Von did that to the Chargers and the Panthers as well.
The Panthers aren't world beaters, but that game by Miller was outstanding. Just...wow.
The thing with Miller is he is incredibly quick and fast, but also has tremendous strength to shed blocks/blow up blockers. He's pancaked OL before, and shedded two blockers before to tackle a RB for a loss.
And he will only get better, its not like he's at his ceiling yet, just like Aldon isn't either.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
And Brent even though he's a drunk asshole who says mean things lots of times.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that is why Borat. I'm sorry that a small number of posters brings it down, but that is why. I <3 you though. And Brent even though he's a drunk asshole who says mean things lots of times.
Because people obviously troll him it's still his fault? In this thread alone "night and day" and "clearly superior" were used to dismiss and diminish the 49ers player.

If it's intentional trolling of Ness, congratulations on being very mature. If it's not trolling then congratulations on an inability to make rational comparisons. Either way it is no longer Ness who is perpetuating this issue.

Just my $0.02 as a 49ers' fan who supposedly isn't a part of the bickering.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Very nice.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh okay so if I have a different opinion I'm bringing the discussion down. Cool story bro. Way to take the moral high ground.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Does it mean he's clearly inferior?
If one is clearly superior then yes the other is clearly inferior. Like Von and Aldon...so obviously I'm calling Aldon Smith a talentless hack that's a product of Ahmad Brooks and Carlos Rogers...

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Respect this man.

The best pass rushing Smith since Bruce.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again I never called him a scrub. Shawne Merriman is washed up now, but he had 39.5 sacks through his first 42 games. So back when we had the Merriman/Ware debates both were awesome, but one was more awesome.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:17 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Respect this man.

The best pass rushing Smith since Bruce.
Will be very interesting to see where Smith and Miller's numbers are after 32 games as the White and Thomas numbers represent.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the name Aldon a lot.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith as a pass rusher, Miller for the complete game.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because people obviously troll him it's still his fault? In this thread alone "night and day" and "clearly superior" were used to dismiss and diminish the 49ers player.

If it's intentional trolling of Ness, congratulations on being very mature. If it's not trolling then congratulations on an inability to make rational comparisons. Either way it is no longer Ness who is perpetuating this issue.

Just my $0.02 as a 49ers' fan who supposedly isn't a part of the bickering.
Yes we are trolling him.... jesus christ he isnt this poor 9er fan being picked on here. The trolling started when he made this comment

Quote:
Just like the Vernon Davis and Rob Gronkowski issue, it's not "night and day".
in the ******* Smith/Miller thread. Yes it is no longer Ness perpetuating the issue, when five posts in he leaves a comment like this which he only knows too well is going to get a rise out of every non homer fan on this board.

Yes, after that comment people started trolling him and it is absolutely 100% his fault. I'm sorry to the majority of the 9er fans on here who have to watch this stupid **** happen in any discussion of a 9er player because Ness and a couple other posters make ridiculous outlandish homer comments about every player on your team- but its exactly like the packers a couple years ago at this point. As NJX said, its almost identical to that situation where a few posters acted ridiculous to their teams success causing everyone to want to see that team crash and burn. If we were all just here trolling Ness for no reason you would have a point, but if hes going to continue to make stupid posts like that where he knows the types of responses hes going to get then don't be upset when the rest of us torch his ass for it.

My $0.02 as a Pats fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Last edited by Jvig43 : 11-21-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Yes we are trolling him.... jesus christ he isnt this poor 9er fan being picked on here. The trolling started when he made this comment

in the ******* Smith/Miller thread. Yes it is no longer Ness perpetuating the issue, when five posts in he leaves a comment like this which he only knows too well is going to get a rise out of every non homer fan on this board.

Yes, after that comment people started trolling him and it is absolutely 100% his fault. I'm sorry to the majority of the 9er fans on here who have to watch this stupid **** happen in any discussion of a 9er player because Ness and a couple other posters make ridiculous outlandish homer comments about every player on your team- but its exactly like the packers a couple years ago at this point. As NJX said, its almost identical to that situation where a few posters acted ridiculous to their teams success causing everyone to want to see that team crash and burn. If we were all just here trolling Ness for no reason you would have a point, but if hes going to continue to make stupid posts like that where he knows the types of responses hes going to get then don't be upset when the rest of us torch his ass for it.

My $0.02 as a Pats fan.
Thanks for addressing. I still find it peculiar that Ness is found at fault in this thread when he was simply responding to these comments...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Von Miller for me and it isn't close.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
let's calm down he's just not on Von's level.
But I digress, because it's obvious that Davis, Gronkowski, Miller, and Smith are all ridiculously good and it's not worth it to get into shouting matches.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He brought up the gronk/Davis argument when neither of those comments you posted had anything to do with his night and day ****. He came in asking to get flamed, neither of those posts had anything to do with him and only after his cute little comments did people start trolling.

But yes thats a separate issue from the discussion here. Beasts, all of them. I voted miller tho ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I like the name Aldon a lot.
I concur.

Also, to keep it relevant, I must say I'm biased a bit because Aldon's monster night won me a fantasy game. If that's not the argument topper, I don't know what is. Suck it, The Dude!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

My $0.02 as a Pats fan.
Seriously bro? You think I have an agenda so focused on getting a rise of the people here on this forum? Really? If I hadn't used the exact reference and still said I don't believe Aldon Smith isn't not on the same level of Von Miller, I would be "in the clear" as far as the SWDC clique is concerned? Please. You really need to get over yourself if you actually think I'm trying this bait game you're implying. I was simply referencing another subject. Who gives a **** if it had to do with Gronkowski and Davis. Why does something so mundane and something that wasn't even a personal comment towards someone specific, but used merely for reference bother you so much? Because you believe it's a homer comment? And that ticks you off? Wow.

Oh and it's not like that was the only time that having a different opinion that went against the masses has drawn the ire of obnoxious comments that are uncalled for and have nothing to do with me having a different opinion and rather take issue with the poster instead of the post. Yeah I'm really bringing this on myself. I really forced you to respond to my comment and only focus on the most non-important part of my post which was the Davis/Grownkowski deal you believe was some sort of purposely inserted message board tactic. Oh and I'm definitely the only person here who leaves comments that can be deemed "homerish". Yeah, I really "brought" the argument back up from the other thread in such a conniving manner.

The point was I believe Smith as a player was probably closer to Miller than other people might think. Just because I referenced another thread in which I believe the same logic exists doesn't mean I was also in part trying to start something. If you get ticked off because of some stupid **** like that then it's your own damn fault. No one here is being targeted.

Stop it with this phantom agenda garbage. Here I'll go edit it so no one else's feelings will get hurt.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 11-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But I digress, because it's obvious that Davis, Gronkowski, Miller, and Smith are all ridiculously good and it's not worth it to get into shouting matches.
I don't disagree. I think the point boils down in each of these cases the use of the term "not even close". For me there are substantial football reasons that differentiate the 2 former players from the 2 latter players. I think Miller and Gronkowski do everything that Smith and Davis do, but have more apparent strengths in substantial areas of the game that make them more versatile and better all around players. In this case there isn't really a reason why I'd rather have Davis or Smith over Gronkowski or Miller so hence the term "it's not even close". When I think of close I'd think of like Trent Cole vs. Mario Williams where each of the guys give you the same things when they're on the field. It's not an indictment on either Smith or Davis, but Miller and Gronk are 2 of the 15 best football players in the league right now. I don't think it's fair to try and hold Davis and Smith to that standard. They may have a game here or there where they stand out, but Gronk and Miller are the best players on the field whenever they step out there.

The 49ers have a ton of talent, but realistically if everyone was as good as certain fans thought they were they'd be a juggernaut instead of just a really good team.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I don't disagree. I think the point boils down in each of these cases the use of the term "not even close". For me there are substantial football reasons that differentiate the 2 former players from the 2 latter players. I think Miller and Gronkowski do everything that Smith and Davis do, but have more apparent strengths in substantial areas of the game that make them more versatile and better all around players. In this case there isn't really a reason why I'd rather have Davis or Smith over Gronkowski or Miller so hence the term "it's not even close". When I think of close I'd think of like Trent Cole vs. Mario Williams where each of the guys give you the same things when they're on the field. It's not an indictment on either Smith or Davis, but Miller and Gronk are 2 of the 15 best football players in the league right now. I don't think it's fair to try and hold Davis and Smith to that standard. They may have a game here or there where they stand out, but Gronk and Miller are the best players on the field whenever they step out there.
Well the terms are going to be different for everyone of course. And it depends on the player. For me "not even close" means that the player that is supposedly "inferior" could almost never look better on any game day than the "superior player". I don't see that as the case with Miller and Smith. From that times I've seen Miller play I haven't thought he was head and shoulders above Smith. There probably wouldn't be a reason why I'd rather have Sterling Sharpe over Jerry Rice in their prime, but at the same time I wouldn't say "it's not even close" between the two either. But it is what it is. To each their own.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well the terms are going to be different for everyone of course. And it depends on the player. For me "not even close" means that the player that is supposedly "inferior" could almost never look better on any game day than the "superior player". I don't see that as the case with Miller and Smith. From that times I've seen Miller play I haven't thought he was head and shoulders above Smith. There probably wouldn't be a reason why I'd rather have Sterling Sharpe over Jerry Rice in their prime, but at the same time I wouldn't say "it's not even close" between the two either. But it is what it is. To each their own.
You're a 49ers fan, of course you have the viewpoint Smith is on par with Miller.
Watching Miller is a thing of beauty. Like ******* poetry out there on the football field. Oh how sweet it is, like he should be forced to play with a 10 pound bowling ball on his back because he is so good.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are there really 11 49ers fans on this board?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both these guys have HOF upside.
I don't think fans of either team feel sorry for themselves because they don't have either Aldon Smith/Von Miller.