Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Do you like this poll?
Yes 24 50.00%
I love it 33 68.75%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

welp, now it's official. Bulaga to IR sigh

Packers signed OLB Vic So'oto to replace Bulaga on the 53 man roster

bringing So'oto back today tells me that isn't a good sign for Clay playing this weekend. Their OLB's this sunday could be Walden, Moses, Zombo and So'oto. Yuck

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-12-2012 at 12:41 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
welp, now it's official. Bulaga to IR sigh

Packers signed OLB Vic So'oto to replace Bulaga on the 53 man roster

bringing So'oto back today tells me that isn't a good sign for Clay playing this weekend. Their OLB's this sunday could be Walden, Moses, Zombo and So'oto. Yuck
Man - this just hasn't been the Packers year. Luckily, we still have some depth. I mean, EDS is no TJ Lang at LG, but he is also isn't a slouch.

OLB depth is still there. I personally like Moses more than Walden when it comes to rushing the QB. Walden has been a beast in coverage this year. I wouldn't mind seeing So'oto get a chance; the guy has all the size/speed/strength in the world to get to the quarterback.

I think though, our team (specifically the defense) is built for this. It seems like we have decent enough dbacks to make up for a lack of pass rush this year. We just really need Mike Neal, Jerel Worthy, BJ Raji, and Mike Daniels to apply some pressure. It wouldn't surprise me if that is where the emphasis is put these next couple of weeks.

As long as the OL doesn't get Arod hurt, I still feel with as ****** of a defense as we had last year, we can still win games with just our offense.

Here is to optimism.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I'm still optimistic....they just need their impact players back for the playoff push

good news is that Jordy, Kuhn, Jerel Worthy and Sam Shields all returned to practice yesterday, so they are all good to go. All they have left is JEnnings/Woodson/Benson who are still multiple weeks away, and hopefully Clay is only going to miss THIS weeks game

Like I have maintained ever since they fell to 2-3...they can afford likely 2 more losses the rest of the way.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick of the bullschit injuries. Our last 3 first round picks (plus Clay who was our last 1st rounder in 2009) are all hurt:

Perry (2012)
Sherrod (2011)
Bulaga (2010)
Matthews (2009)

Plus 2nd rounders Jennings, Jordy, Nick Collins..... not to mention BOTH starting WILB's in Bishop & DJ Smith, Sam Shields...... WTF?

Who's missing from the Niner defense?
Bears defense?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan Taylor was fined 21K for blocking too hard.

Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

As expected, Clay is going to miss this weeks game

McCarthy just said they'll see how he is next week

some positive news

- Jordy was a full participant and is fine. Kuhn is fine. Shields was limited today

- Woodson is a lot closer than anybody thought he'd be at this time. Same with Greg Jennings(this is great to hear)
Old 11-14-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey if Danny Amendola could return as quickly as he did that gave me hope Woodwind could as well!

I miss seeing our full healthy set of WRs! I hope Jennings is close as well.

Sucks about Matthews hope its not to long.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers said he wants to lure Clifton back..... we have NO depth at OT now... and with our luck, two more OL guys will go down.....
Old 11-14-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

No thanks on Cliffy. He looked done last season and he hasn't played at all this year. If they brought him back, their OL depth is in even worse shape than I thought
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
No thanks on Cliffy. He looked done last season and he hasn't played at all this year. If they brought him back, their OL depth is in even worse shape than I thought
If we get one more injury at OT, who do you have coming in?
Two more, then who?
Rodgers seems to trust Clifton more than whoever that is. It's his life at stake so I tend to believe him..... but who knows what condition Chad is in.

What a bunch of schit though because Teddy's 2011 & 2010 first round picks were both on OT's. Bad luck again.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm fearful of how this Sunday is going to play out with being on the road following a bye with so many key injuries.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:20 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm fearful of how this Sunday is going to play out with being on the road following a bye with so many key injuries.
Me too amigo.
And while things seem rosey in the standings now, a loss at Detroit would put our backs up against the wall, and we'd be fighting like hell, with about 6 other teams, for a wildcard spot coming down the stretch.

A win, and we'd be like 90% of making the playoffs.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Finally, a game without any big injury news the day after

Raji left the game yesterday with a hurt ankle but MM said today it's not as bad as the last ankle sprain he had(which caused him to miss 2 games). So no big deal

otherwise, same old same old with the other guys. Won't find out until Wed on Matthews availability, etc
Old 11-19-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Sounds like the Packers brass is happy with Crosby and confident in him going forward. Hard to imagine what they're seeing in him that the rest of the world is not. Maybe he's staying in his proper lane assignments on kickoff coverage? WTF!

Quote:
“I’ll address the field goal situation,” McCarthy said. “Mason’s got to put the ball through the uprights. That’s something that we’ve got to do a better job of. I thought Mason had a very good week of work; didn’t hit it today the way he needs to hit it, but we’ll continue with Mason. We will not blink as far as our commitment to him.”
Nate Kaeding ALSO has the CHOKE GENE. NO thanks on him.
Quote:
In such circumstances, many teams bring in kickers for workouts, and others even will make a midseason change, depending on their history with the kicker and who’s available on the street.

There’s at least one accomplished kicker available in Nate Kaeding, who was released by San Diego off injured reserve in late October. Kaeding had a groin injury but said at the time of his release he was ready to play. The 30-year-old has made an outstanding 87.0 percent of his career field goal attempts, but he was only 8-for-15 in eight playoff games, including three misses in a 17-14 loss to the New York Jets in 2010 and a 40-yarder that would have won the game against the Jets in 2004.
Quote:
“I thought that probably the best part about that dip (in ’09) was we supported him,” McCarthy said. “It’s just like anything in life professionally: You have the opportunity to work with an individual every day and you see what they’re about — their mentality, their commitment, their preparation leading up to it. I have no reasons not to believe in him. Now, I can see your pens are all writing and I understand he’s missing kicks in games. The bottom line is this is about performance on Sundays, and I have all of the confidence that Mason’s going to get that back, because we need him.”
Old 11-19-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm tired of Mason's futility as well, but the coaching staff is taking the correct approach with him. We're roughly two-thirds of the way into the season and there's not gonna be some magical fix in the free agency market when it comes to landing a kicker. We just have to pray to God that he figures it out before he costs us big time in the postseason.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Jermichael Finley finally does something this past week and now he's back to flapping his gums, as usual

Quote:
"Both of us need to just go out, maybe have a drink or two and just spill everything," Finley said of him and Rodgers. "It sounds easy, but it's not. He's throwing it to who he's comfortable with.

"I think (Randall) Cobb's taken my position from '09. I want to line up where Cobb's lining up because I know the ball's coming there.

"But me and 12 just ain't been on. He's had some guys come through this year, and he's gone to them instead of me. And really, it's out of my hands at the end of the day. If I could throw myself the ball and run under it, I'd do it every play because he's just not throwing me the ball like he used to."

Finley knows his time in Green Bay may be short. The Packers signed Finley to a two-year deal in February that pays him $8.25 million in 2013, including $6.25 million in bonuses before the season starts.

Finley was asked where he thinks he'll be playing in next season.

"I love that question man," Finley said. "I don't know. All I know is I have talent. And if Green Bay decides to do something with me, I'm 25 years old. I got a decade under my belt, yet. Who knows at the end of the day?"
Can't believe I used to be excited about this guy and ignored all the question marks about his maturity/personality. HE really is that dumb.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God Finely could be so ******* good. He is just so ******* dumb... I don't think I can stand him even if he starts catching everything thrown his way. He is almost like a cancer.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Finley just needs to GTFO

Old 11-20-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And really, it's out of my hands at the end of the day.
Probably because he dropped it.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:58 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

How do I change my user name!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
How do I change my user name!!!!
send a private message to Shane or D-Unit, I'm sure they'll help you out with that

Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Clay is doubtful for Sunday...so looks like he'll be out another week

and look at this, another Packer player has a more "serious" injury than first thought. Sam Shields had a setback and will be out a "couple weeks" with an ankle injury. It was worse than they anticipated

Seriously, he had to have some sort of fracture or something. He's missed around 5 weeks now and is now going to miss an additional 2-3 weeks at the least

Greg Jennings did some drills today and caught passes, but he won't be ready this week. Woodson didn't practice so he's obviously not ready either. Basically, nothing has changed on the injury front. Jennings, Woodson, Shields still sound like they are at least 2-3 weeks away from returning...and who knows how much longer Clay will be out

Last edited by BloodBrother : 11-21-2012 at 01:35 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Clay is doubtful for Sunday...so looks like he'll be out another week

and look at this, another Packer player has a more "serious" injury than first thought. Sam Shields had a setback and will be out a "couple weeks" with an ankle injury. It was worse than they anticipated

Seriously, he had to have some sort of fracture or something. He's missed around 5 weeks now and is now going to miss an additional 2-3 weeks at the least

Greg Jennings did some drills today and caught passes, but he won't be ready this week. Woodson didn't practice so he's obviously not ready either. Basically, nothing has changed on the injury front. Jennings, Woodson, Shields still sound like they are at least 2-3 weeks away from returning...and who knows how much longer Clay will be out
Sounds like they're saving everyone for the playoffs.... hope they can get 100% healthy, and last 3 or 4 games.

Team Photo released. Check this out if it will post here:
http://prod.images.packers.clubs.nfl...960&height=720
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

And Cedric Benson may still need foot surgery, which would obviously mean he's done for the year. He's able to return from the IR/reserved to return on Dec 9th but don't hold your breathe
Old 11-22-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
And Cedric Benson may still need foot surgery, which would obviously mean he's done for the year. He's able to return from the IR/reserved to return on Dec 9th but don't hold your breathe
Yeah that is, was a weird deal.... someone else in the NFL (can't remember who), suffered a Lisfranc right at the same time as him, same week or within a week, and they immediately put the guy on IR and he had surgery. I was wondering how we got a rare lucky break and wondered why Benson didn't need surgery for us.

Schuab had the Lisfranc last year too which ended his season. He did it on a simple QB sneak.... weird injuries these things.

Rookie Mike Daniels, with 7 pressures (total of sacks, knockdowns and hurries), has the position's highest ratio of pressures per play.

Daniels has one pressure for every 16.6 snaps, followed by Neal (one/17.3), Raji (one/62.4), Wilson (one/66.3), Worthy (one/76.2) and Ryan Pickett (one/110.7).

"The best thing that Mike has done is, with limited opportunities, he has made the most of them," said Trgovac. "Mike Daniels is just a good, steady football player."

Daniels, 6 feet inch and 294 pounds, also has produced against the run. He ranks third on the unit in tackles per snap with one every 13.5, behind Pickett (one/7.6) and Wilson (one/7.7) but ahead of Neal (one/14.4), Raji (one/17.2) and Worthy (one/21.4).

Last edited by J-Mike88 : 11-24-2012 at 09:09 PM.