Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Saw the game for the 2nd run through vs the Browns and just 2 quick points:

We got hosed on that Dez catch they blew dead. Like, hosed really bad. There was a ton of contact and defenders but it took 1 easy look to see that he was moving forward the entire time, and moving forward quite a bit. It didn't look like the defenders let up because of a whistle either, I saw it 5-6 times after the initial look and he was shrugging the last guy off bouncing forward when the whistle did blow.

We have got to start taking advantage of him earlier. If they are going to give a 10 yard cushion please, please take those short hitch routes that are always there. He's always got a chance to break those plays off. We always start off so cold, but the 5 hard hitches to Dez are always open every game. Once we realized it we started marching right down the field and Romo got hot. Doesn't take a long drop back and helps when your line sucks.

Second point was that Parnell is a MASSIVE upgrade over Doug Free. I'm sure we won't admit that he is until after the year, and would rather suck it up all year to prove a point, but it's very obvious.

I know I'm having to gauge that from opposite sides, but Pernell is a bigger, stronger guy anyway, he seems to struggle more on quicker guys and finesse moves then he does a bigger guy or a power move. He had a pretty bad holding penalty, but for being thrust into the line-up he was a rock most of the game. Honestly after watching for the 2nd time, it reminded me why I didn't notice Smith was out for so long.

Just watch him vs Washington. He would make a really good RT, and if you watch Doug Free, and him this game, it would be clearly obvious who would be the guy who should be starting and the guy who shouldn't be on a team. It's all financial right now, because there is absolutely no way, the people who are paid to break down the tape don't see the same thing. If anybody recorded the game, watch those two and tell me if you don't see how big a difference it is.

Good thing is Parnell starting and putting on a good show at LT makes him harder to take off the field. Plug him into RT when Smith is healthy and I think we upgraded. He's quick enough to get into position but he has a powerful first punch, if he gets into good position you don't beat him. Or at least the Browns pass rushers didn't. All I can do is hope it happens.
You know, I didn't really notice Smith was out until someone posted it here either. I was helping my in laws move furniture in their house while I was watching the game. How much of a savior would he be if he actually turned himself into a viable option for us at RT??? That really excites me. This Smith injury might turn into a blessing in disguise. I always thought he was a cool guy to have as our swing tackle because he athleticism was obvious. I just didn't know when or if he'd ever be ready to be a starter or a good one at that. So it would be freaking awesome if he makes himself a name on Thanksgiving Day!

...and yes, Dez got HOSED!!!

This is why I love this man. He refuses to go down. That's heart man. That's crazy heart. So nuts that sometimes we wish he'd just go down to avoid getting hurt.. but when he pulls it off, it's stuff legends are made of.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy

Garrett realizes that Free is having issues too... so at least we know for a fact that the team knows how sucky he's been.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder if this could be our OL on 12/2:

Smith
Livings
Costa
Bern
Parnell

and w Murray back, could we make a strong push in Dec with this group?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You know, I didn't really notice Smith was out until someone posted it here either. I was helping my in laws move furniture in their house while I was watching the game. How much of a savior would he be if he actually turned himself into a viable option for us at RT??? That really excites me. This Smith injury might turn into a blessing in disguise. I always thought he was a cool guy to have as our swing tackle because he athleticism was obvious. I just didn't know when or if he'd ever be ready to be a starter or a good one at that. So it would be freaking awesome if he makes himself a name on Thanksgiving Day!

...and yes, Dez got HOSED!!!

This is why I love this man. He refuses to go down. That's heart man. That's crazy heart. So nuts that sometimes we wish he'd just go down to avoid getting hurt.. but when he pulls it off, it's stuff legends are made of.
That play was a prime of example of how tackling in the NFL has gone to absolute ****.

What awful tackling. They should give back their paycheck to the team with that kind of tackling.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our Defense would be amazing with Louis Delmas at Safety. He was one of my favorite Safety prospects in the last few years and I was really hoping we made something happen for him. That was ironically the crappiest draft we had in a long time and we came out of it with a couple 3rds, 4ths, 5th, and got a ton of depth that never did anything lol.

I believe that was apart of the Roy Williams year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety play

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

...I can't believe how much fear you folks have against the Redskins. LOL.

The Redskins.... ha ha ha ha ha.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 11-22-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Carr is playing like ****!!!!!

Old 11-22-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh surprise. No Huddle offense is working. I'm so glad we save it for the 2 minute drill. **** off Garrett.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's good to see Spencer finally living up to his expectations. I wish he played above it though. I wonder if he'll ever be a Pro Bowl player. Rob Ryan's player development cannot be overlooked. He's been down right legendary in developing our players.

...I can't believe how much fear you folks have against the Redskins. LOL.

The Redskins.... ha ha ha ha ha.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Old 11-22-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

FIREJASONGARRETT.COM Needs to be made ASAP

Old 11-22-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

It might be better to not have a #3 WR on the field for Romo. We need to take the checkdown away from Captain Checkdown.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that ******* walrus opens mouth again before a game and gives the opposition reason to beat the ever loving **** out of us. I will jump on a plane and personally break his spine.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez just looks good in shorts, guys.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Danny McCray fucki@g sucks

Old 11-22-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob's gameplan is baffling to me. I am fully aware that our safety play is beyond awful but the Steelers handed us tape on how to neutralize their offense and we've done the opposite.

Not going to bother complaining about our offensive gameplan because I already realize it occurs every week. Garrett as a play-caller is atrocious.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our safeties are horrendous, but we're good for a game changing missed tackle every single game.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My uncle is the worst Cowboys "fan" ever. I spent the game watching it with family, and I wanted to shank the hell out of his throat with a turkey bone. Dude just hates on everything with an intense passion and has no idea about football at all. When Romo drops back and gets sacked with three dudes in his face he says that Romo is terrible. He said that Dez sucks because he got the ball knocked loose at the end of the game in the end zone. He even said that it's the coaches fault that players get injured. If my mother didn't make sweet potato pie I'd be more pissed at this game than I am now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

It's all good guys. We'll win next week!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Lee, Ratliff, Church, Coleman, Scandrick, Carter, Lissemore, Smith, Murray, Austin, Costa. Just to much to overcome. Our depth pretty much sucks so...

Old 11-22-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's all good guys. We'll win next week!

Happy Thanksgiving!
IDK, it's getting to that point where you start worrying more about draft position hahaha.

In all seriousness, Garrett needs to go. Same mistakes, penalties, and mental gaffes week after week... it is becoming a common theme where this team just doesn't look prepared to play.

At least Dez looks like he's on the brink of becoming that great receiver we all knew he would be... but other than that, it's hard to take away any positives from today's game. I'm very disappointed in the defense's showing today, maybe now JJ will realize the importance of quality safety play. It's the difference between a 20 yard gain and a 70 yard TD.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 11-22-2012 at 09:52 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
IDK, it's getting to that point where you start worrying more about draft position hahaha.

In all seriousness, Garrett needs to go. Same mistakes, penalties, and mental gaffes week after week... it is becoming a common theme where this team just doesn't look prepared to play.

At least Dez looks like he's on the brink of becoming that great receiver we all knew he would be... but other than that, it's hard to take away any positives from today's game. I'm very disappointed in the defense's showing today, maybe now JJ will realize the importance of quality safety play. It's the difference between a 20 yard gain and a 70 yard TD.
There's no way you give up the season here. Our schedule is too favorable. We can still make the playoffs. Now... of course there's no way in hell we win a SB. Romo just won't. He never will. But we can still get to the playoffs. ...and I like year to year improvement.

I thought DeMarco Murray was going to be back by now. But when he does, we should start to get back on the right track.

Parnell played pretty dang good, I thought. Dez is a man. Beasley looked like Wes Welker out there.

RG3 is just a damn good player. The defense gave up some tough gains, but we already knew our safety coverage was our biggest weak spot. I'm worried about Carter's injury for sure. That's my biggest worry coming away from this game.

What do you guys think of Bernadeau at Center?

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-23-2012 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's no way you give up the season here. Our schedule is too favorable. We can still make the playoffs. Now... of course there's no way in hell we win a SB. Romo just won't. He never will. But we can still get to the playoffs. ...and I like year to year improvement.

I thought DeMarco Murray was going to be back by now. But when he does, we should start to get back on the right track.

Parnell played pretty dang good, I thought. Dez is a man. Beasley looked like Wes Welker out there.

RG3 is just a damn good player. The defense gave up some tough gains, but we already knew our safety coverage was our biggest weak spot. I'm worried about Carter's injury for sure. That's my biggest worry coming away from this game.

What do you guys think of Bernadeau at Center?
Berny acquitted himself well. I noticed he blocked the wrong man on a stunt and whiffed run blocking at least once but overall I wasn't crying in my beer so that's a plus.

Parnell got "Doug Free'd" a couple times though which is concerning. Kerrigan almost sacked Romo using Parnell's ragdoll on a bull rush. Overall he has potential as his feet are soooooo much lighter than the cement shoes Free sports.

Beastley should be our #3 regardless of Ogletree's health. He catches everything and runs crisp routes. Refreshing to see another target Romo can depend on to be in the right spot and move the chains.

We have to draft a safety high. I understand McCray should be a purely "special" teamer but he is atrocious on the field. First long TD he was still looking into the backfield when the man running into his zone was 10 yards behind him. Peprah isn't much better but he's an off-the-street free agent.

Matt Johnson is a huge disappointment in that he never got over nagging injuries. He could of had a major impact and utilized all this playing time.

Same ol Cowboys though. Mental mistakes. Poor gameplan coming into the game with excellent adjustments. Poor playcalling (62 passes...?), ineffective running game did force his hand a bit there.

I'm not going to be endorsing Rob Ryan for HC anymore though. That was another putrid gameplanning effort considering Pittsburgh handed him the complete handbook on how to mitigate RGIII.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Is everyone here ready to admit we need a new Head Coach, or are we still going to play the hand of "well, it's the players and they are the ones who came out not ready to play the last few weeks"? It's truly sad how we have started almost every single game this season. As far back as Seattle.

Then you watch NE later, and they immediately come out in the no huddle. On the first series, on through the rest of the game. JG is the smartest, dumbest person in the world.

Quote: