Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This is off topic, but I am about to throw you for a loop, I hope:

I've seen this a ton before but it never gets old lol....
Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Sadly, people would rather be proven "right" about their dislike for a player than have their favorite team win. I have seen people more happy that Smith has played poorly in a loss than him play well in a win. Rather be "right" than win.
And I've seen supposed "49ers fans" (who are really just Alex Smith fans at this point) posting prior to the game that they were "worried" about a QB controversy if Kaepernick played well and they admitted to being "conflicted" over what to hope for as far as the outcome of the game.

And now I'm seeing supposed "49ers fans" more worried about poor Alex Smith than enjoying the victory or the obvious upgrade at quarterback. And rather than praising Kaepernick, I'm reading posts from these supposed "49ers fans" making excuses like, "Kaepernick had great pass protection" and, "the receivers ran great routes for Kaepernick!"

It's absolutely hilarious. If Alex Smith had had this game, it would be proof of his legendary greatness. Bu since it was Kaepernick, it was just him hitting a bunch of wide open receivers and doing what any QB should do.

But Alex Smith's Bills game was just sooooo incredible. Alex Smith's Cardinals game was undeniably awesommmmme.

And for the record, games like this aren't really where you should place your emphasis in evaluating quarterbacks. It's games in adverse conditions that count.

And Alex Smith has proven he is awful in adverse conditions. Kaepernick remains untested in those conditions, but we know Alex Smith isn't the answer. It's time to ******* move on. He sucked against the Jets, he sucked against the Vikings, he sucked against the Seahawks, and he sucked against the Giants. That's not "just fine."
Old 11-21-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
First off, I'm glad no one seems to give a crap about what Jordan has to say, kudos. No need for childish, rude, aggressive discussion here.

Secondly, the niner fanbase is absolutely insane....me included, I really want to see Kap play just one more game. I love that I've been proven right about Alex, and there is definitely an emotional attachment there - I mean it's been a long 8 years, I used to despise the guy - but the curiousity about Kap needs to be satisfied....the guycould be a human video game...a hard-working, accurate Randall Cunningham would be incredible.
You think anyone gives a crap about what you have to say? I'm pretty much the only one on any message board who even acknowledges your existence.

Your opinions change like the weather, and I hate to break it to you, but people notice that. Nobody cares what you say when you go from "Alex has proven me right, he's awesome! Haters gon' hate, he's a Top 10 QB!" in week 2 to saying, "God, Alex pisses me off! He was REALLY bad, it's probably time to start thinking about putting Kaepernick in there" in week 3.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:58 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Totally disagree. You go back to CK, there's no going back to Alex. If you make that move, you eat it....that's why its a stupid move. Of course Alex is limited. We can still win with him though(and I mean the SB). The Saints game is different because Alex isn't healthy at this point so its another test run for CK. I'm talking about going with CK for the rest of the season and the playoffs, even if Alex is healthy. I don't see a 2nd year QB, no matter how physically gifted he is, with limited experience and still very raw, leading this team to a SB. I don't see it happening. So that window you were talking about, its the same thing wasting on a player who possibly isn't ready yet. You don't know how CK will respond to certain situations because he hasn't been in too many. The playoffs are a different animal than the regular season.
I think I am just talking about the Saints game. JH cn essentially rest Alex and give CK another test run, which is what I want to see. I'll make a judgement on CK after that...I still dont' really know what we have there.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
This is off topic, but I am about to throw you for a loop, I hope:

No, I get their business model and revenue sources. I'm likely not their target demo anymore but I still think they should re-brand at some point to something more relevant to what they do. Not a clear correlation to ESPN but hopefully you understand the point I was trying to make. I believe I am definitely within ESPN's demo and they aren't as successful in reaching me as they once were.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
QBRatingSucks
Rookie

QBRatingSucks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's pretty clear to anyone with a brain(doesn't apply to fine, upstanding members of society like binary and phlysac) that Kaepernick has miles more potential than Alex Smith does.

This was kaepernick's 1st start, and he already blows Smith away in terms of pocket presence. Keep in mind, he's a year and a half removed from taking snaps out of the pistol. Yet, his footwork(especially his drop step) is a HUGE difference from Smith, who can not execute a drop step or hitch step properly to save his life.

Now we get to the arm strength and accuract factor, another category where he beats Smith. Kaepernick is a MAJOR threat to throw AND run while he's on the move, and Smith is neither. The Crabtree improv TD is a play that Alex Smith will never make, because he's a milquetoast coward who plays well within the scheme but cannot create plays himself. He's the david Garrard of this generation, and that's being kind to Smith.

Fans(especially liberal, hipster, SF fans) have a tendency to wash the nuts of players who are "good guys" even if they're not all that talented. Add in the sob story about Smith having to deal with evil mike nolan, and the homosexual sympathy factor clouts a lot of their judgement. They probably see Kaepernick with all those tattoos and start whimpering at the thought of such a bad ass playing quarterback for their team.

TL;DR- Smith is average and is a David Garrard, while Kaepernick has Roethlisberger upside.

Last edited by Borat : 11-21-2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: user was banned.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm not buying it. As a former QB in this league, he knew exactly what his words would create....controversy. He is absolutely considering sticking with CK for the rest of the way and I'm scared to death he will do it if CK plays even decent against the Saints.
I believe he knows what he's doing as well but I think Alex's health is a factor in him not being as definitive. Kap is likely the future so why would Harbaugh come out after that MNF performance and say "Alex is definitely our starter" when Alex's availability is uncertain and Kap's confidence is up? Harbaugh is much more concerned with how his players perceive him than what the media thinks. If Alex is cleared, I don't believe he'll go with Kap yet but if he does, I support his decision. In Harbaugh I've trusted since Day 1.

Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

Old 11-21-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBRatingSucks View Post
It's pretty clear to anyone with a brain(doesn't apply to fine, upstanding members of society like binary and phlysac)
Internet badassery as usual. Always following Jordan around like a sheep. Even Michonne cut her pets heads off.

Last edited by Borat : 11-21-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fans(especially liberal, hipster, SF fans) have a tendency to wash the nuts of players who are "good guys" even if they're not all that talented. Add in the sob story about Smith having to deal with evil mike nolan, and the homosexual sympathy factor clouts a lot of their judgement. They probably see Kaepernick with all those tattoos and start whimpering at the thought of such a bad ass playing quarterback for their team.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-21-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's pretty clear to anyone with a brain(doesn't apply to the 49ers News pussies like binary and phlysac) that Kaepernick has miles more potential than Alex Smith does.

This was kaepernick's 1st start, and he already blows Smith away in terms of pocket presence. Keep in mind, he's a year and a half removed from taking snaps out of the pistol. Yet, his footwork(especially his drop step) is a HUGE difference from Smith, who can not execute a drop step or hitch step properly to save his life.

Now we get to the arm strength and accuract factor, another category where he beats Smith. Kaepernick is a MAJOR threat to throw AND run while he's on the move, and Smith is neither. The Crabtree improv TD is a play that Alex Smith will never make, because he's a milquetoast coward who plays well within the scheme but cannot create plays himself. He's the david Garrard of this generation, and that's being kind to Smith.

TL;DR- Smith is average and is a David Garrard, while Kaepernick has Roethlisberger upside.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without getting too political, I'm pretty sure CK embodies everything liberals want to see...dude is a shining example of diversity and equal opportunity. The liberal hip hop fans on .com love the guy in all his tatted glory.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Most of us outgrew memes when we turned 20.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Most of us outgrew memes when we turned 20.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, I was gone for a while today and I missed some fireworks. I hate that.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

Quote:
Scott Lolzien.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldon is such a beastimal. Already has 1 more sack (15) than his super impressive rookie year (14) and he's got 6 more games to add to that number. Such a badass.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Aldon is such a beastimal. Already has 1 more sack (15) than his super impressive rookie year (14) and he's got 6 more games to add to that number. Such a badass.
Too bad he's clearly inferior to Von Miller.

Nice editing magic, btw, Borat! ;)
Old 11-21-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
6 games to get 7.5?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 11-22-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if he challenges Michael Strahan's sack record.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It will be interesting to see if he challenges Michael Strahan's sack record.
Challenges? He already is challenging it.

Regis' replacement will be #2 soon. Aldon is on a mission and he already had his signature game. With Justin Smith taking double teams and opening up opportunities, Aldon has more than enough talent to do the rest. He was so impressive Monday night, showing he could bull rush, finesse around and through lineman, chase down the QB and even help collapse the pocket. Impressive. Von Miller is a hell of a talent and it was obvious that he was an overall better defensive player than Aldon last year (as Aldon was used primarily as a non-starter specialist), but Aldon has closed that gap and will soon prove that he is the better of the two. They will both be elite for a long time.

Old 11-22-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This wins Phlysac. Conversation over.

Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Internet badassery as usual. Always following Jordan around like a sheep. Even Michonne cut her pets heads off.
Walking Dead baby!!! :)
Old 11-22-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
This wins Phlysac. Conversation over.
I don't even know what the **** that is.

Quote:
Old 11-22-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't even know what the **** that is.