Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 11-21-2012, 01:15 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Nicks is the upside play, Jones the safe one. I'd probably base this one on the roster you have. If you've got a good group of solid scorers, go for the upside and hope Nicks (and Eli) come out fresh from the bye week and light it up. Cobb & Finley seem to be getting the bulk of the targets recently, anyway.
my other two starters are probably dem. thomas and denario alexander. and thats if i sit fitz.

i have to pick 3 of:
Nicks
Jones
Fitz
Alexander
Thomas
Old 11-21-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Should I start Joe Flacco, Jake Locker, Colin Kaepernick or CJ Spiller as my flex this weekend? I need to win to get in to the playoffs.
Tough choice now that Fred is back in Buffalo. I'd throw Flacco out immediately b/c he's terrible on the road. Hell, the "on the road" part might be unnecessary.

I'm not sure I buy Kaepernick playing a lights out game again, especially in the Superdome. A difficult sit b/c the Saints are so bad defensively, but I'd still bench him b/c the Saints are bad against the run, too.

So that narrows it down to Locker vs. Spiller for me. Personally, I'd go with the RB but that's without knowing the scoring. Sometimes the QB is the no-brainer play. I just have a hard time trusting Locker coming out of a bye with no live action in weeks. Add to that the incredible knack Spiller has for blowing up a team all on his own and Chan Gailey saying Spiller is the starter and will get the majority of touches . . . Spiller it is.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cobb & Finley seem to be getting the bulk of the targets recently, anyway.
Not so fast my friend! JORDY NELSONZZZZZZ is about to light it up!!!!!!
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
my other two starters are probably dem. thomas and denario alexander. and thats if i sit fitz.

i have to pick 3 of:
Nicks
Jones
Fitz
Alexander
Thomas
Gotcha. It's hard to argue the numbers Alexander has put up over 3 weeks, but I'd consider benching him and going with Thomas, Nicks and Jones. That GB/NYG game has the makings of a shootout, whereas the Ravens game is less likely to be.

Ultimately, I think playing the trend is the best bet in this one. Nicks is on the upswing while Jones is on the downswing. Thomas is obviously a monster and Alexander is just shy of a 100 yard / 1 TD per game clip. Bench Jones.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty much any Patriot not name Gronkowski or Brady is a relatively unreliable start. I do think Edelman is in line for another big game now that Gronk is out, though. But it's a crap shoot as to who we will see pick up the slack over the next few weeks. I like Edelman as a start, assuming it's on a team that's thin at WR.
Welker is a pretty solid start though week by week. especially in ppr.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Welker is a pretty solid start though week by week. especially in ppr.
I suppose "unreliable" is a bad choice of wording for Wes. He is actually quite reliable. He is basically a 6 point lock, unless it's PPR.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ridley or Reece in .5ppr?
Old 11-21-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Fairly even as far as matchups go. If there's any chance that McFadden plays and vultures touches, Ridley is the easy answer. If the job is all Reece, it's a little tougher. Personally, I'd go Ridley with the idea that NE will be more than happy to stomp on the Jets/Rex Ryan's throat if given the chance, which means more Ridley. He's also a goalline monster this season.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hard to argue against 23, 17, 23 in Reece's last 3 as a starter.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Hard to argue against 23, 17, 23 in Reece's last 3 as a starter.
You're right.

Is what I'd say if that was his stat line.

It's a little lower in 0.5 ppr. We also have to factor in the competition. Tampa Bay and New Orleans are absolute powder puffs and Baltimore hasn't been great, either.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Pick one for the flex:
0.5 PPR

Beanie Wells vs. St. Louis

Jalen Parmele vs. Tennessee

I also have Harvin and Amendola but both are banged up and the matchups for the two RBs are just phenomenal.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Pick one for the flex:
0.5 PPR

Beanie Wells vs. St. Louis

Jalen Parmele vs. Tennessee

I also have Harvin and Amendola but both are banged up and the matchups for the two RBs are just phenomenal.
I'm sorry but I love how you come in here, give awesome advice, then turn around and ask us about your lineup lol.

That being said im a huge fan of Wells but with Henne and the threat of actually throwing the ball you have to go Parmele.
Old 11-21-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Parmele, backs for the Cardinals have been brutal all season.

Pick 3 (.5 PPR)

Jamaal Charles vs. DEN
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. GB
BenJarvus Green-Ellis vs. OAK
Alfred Morris @ DAL
Marcel Reece @ CIN

Provided McFadden isn't playing I'm leaning Reece, Charles, and Bradshaw. I don't like the matchup for Morris and Green-Ellis has been rough aside from last week although I do like his matchup.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post

Pick 3 (.5 PPR)

Jamaal Charles vs. DEN
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. GB
Alfred Morris @ DAL
Marcel Reece @ CIN

Provided McFadden isn't playing I'm leaning Reece, Charles, and Bradshaw. I don't like the matchup for Morris and Green-Ellis has been rough aside from last week although I do like his matchup.
Reece/Charles/Morris
Old 11-21-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

With Skelton benched and Kolb still hurt should I bench Fitz?
Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post

Pick 3 (.5 PPR)

Jamaal Charles vs. DEN
Ahmad Bradshaw vs. GB
Alfred Morris @ DAL
Marcel Reece @ CIN

I have zero faith in Bradshaw right now. He's losing touches, he's fumbled, and he's never practicing. I just traded him for Crabtree in a PPR league and kept Andre Brown, who I think is the smarter start if you have to start a Giants RB. I like all four of your other options better than Bradshaw. He needs to prove he's worth starting heading down the stretch. My $$$ is on him becoming a full blown timeshare RB.

I'd go with the sure touches. At this point, that's Morris, BJGE and Reece (assuming no DMC) though I could see playing Charles for the huge upside instead of Morris who has tailed off a bit over the last few weeks. BJGE & Reece should get you the reliable points you need with Charles as the homerun guy in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'm sorry but I love how you come in here, give awesome advice, then turn around and ask us about your lineup lol.

That being said im a huge fan of Wells but with Henne and the threat of actually throwing the ball you have to go Parmele.
Ha! Thanks, but there's always plenty of room for help. I did play Ballard over Hartline and Amendola a few weeks ago . . .

Old 11-21-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so, with gronk out my flex is all screwed but here's what I'm thinking over:
-benching Leshoure against Houston
starting Decker at WR1
WR2 Shorts against the tits
WR3 Sanu against Oakland
Britt vs Jax at the flex

Harvin on the bench because he's banged up
DHB on the bench along with Lafell and Sidney Rice.

thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so, with gronk out my flex is all screwed but here's what I'm thinking over:
-benching Leshoure against Houston
starting Decker at WR1
WR2 Shorts against the tits
WR3 Sanu against Oakland
Britt vs Jax at the flex

Harvin on the bench because he's banged up
DHB on the bench along with Lafell and Sidney Rice.

thoughts?
Hurt or not Harvin is the 2nd best player on the field anytime he's playing. If he plays you start him.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who would I start him over? Obviously if healthy he's gotta play (even against the Bears). The others all have pretty good matchups
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
who would I start him over? Obviously if healthy he's gotta play (even against the Bears). The others all have pretty good matchups
Probably Sanu
Old 11-21-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to pick a running back to go with this week, need some help. Should I go with

Morris at Dal
Mathews at Bal
Sjax at Ari
Howling at Stl
Bryce Brown at Car

Need to pick two, right now I have Morris and Mathews in, but am thinking of opting out of Mathews since he hasnt done much for me recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I need to pick a running back to go with this week, need some help. Should I go with

Morris at Dal
Mathews at Bal
Sjax at Ari
Howling at Stl
Bryce Brown at Car

Need to pick two, right now I have Morris and Mathews in, but am thinking of opting out of Mathews since he hasnt done much for me recently.
It's Morris and Mathews
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Gordon vs. PIT or Dwayne Bowe vs. DEN?

Screwed either way :(
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have zero faith in Bradshaw right now. He's losing touches, he's fumbled, and he's never practicing. I just traded him for Crabtree in a PPR league and kept Andre Brown, who I think is the smarter start if you have to start a Giants RB. I like all four of your other options better than Bradshaw. He needs to prove he's worth starting heading down the stretch. My $$$ is on him becoming a full blown timeshare RB.

I'd go with the sure touches. At this point, that's Morris, BJGE and Reece (assuming no DMC) though I could see playing Charles for the huge upside instead of Morris who has tailed off a bit over the last few weeks. BJGE & Reece should get you the reliable points you need with Charles as the homerun guy in the lineup.

Ha! Thanks, but there's always plenty of room for help. I did play Ballard over Hartline and Amendola a few weeks ago . . .
Sweet, as a follow up with your lack of faith in Bradshaw - I don't have much faith in him either, but I just don't really like my other RB's. I got offered Gronk for Bradshaw and am a virtual lock to make the playoffs. Take it and run for the potential upside?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Josh Gordon vs. PIT or Dwayne Bowe vs. DEN?

Screwed either way :(
gotta go Bowe here IMO
Quote: