Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You should take account into how bad the US is economically and threatening a country that feeds you is not the best choice in action that you should be taking. The US could never afford a war against china and yes I'm saying that because in your PM you've said that you'd go to war if need be. So I'm taking everything into account.

China receives nearly 3 billion in foreign aid and the US being one of the main countries that gives us that money. Where do you get your money you ask? The US takes out a loan from China to finance it only to give it right back to us in aid and also build up an even bigger debt against us.

So basically I'm telling you that you did not think this plan out very well. You're only thinking with your military and it will take more than that to be a bully.

You've sent me 2 totally different pms from yesterday and today and that tells me that you're feeling threatened.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
You should take account into how bad the US is economically and threatening a country that feeds you is not the best choice in action that you should be taking. The US could never afford a war against china and yes I'm saying that because in your PM you've said that you'd go to war if need be. So I'm taking everything into account.

China receives nearly 3 billion in foreign aid and the US being one of the main countries that gives us that money. Where do you get your money you ask? The US takes out a loan from China to finance it only to give it right back to us in aid and also build up an even bigger debt against us.

So basically I'm telling you that you did not think this plan out very well. You're only thinking with your military and it will take more than that to be a bully.

You've sent me 2 totally different pms from yesterday and today and that tells me that you're feeling threatened.
You can make me out to be the bad guy but you know what you have done. I extended the olive branch and asked to work together. You were non committal. I asked you not to support enemies of the west, you flipped out. As leader of this great nation I hope for no more wars. I want to build towards peace and prosperity. You Cleary do not want the same thing. You are power hungry.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The US and China has always worked together in export/import so I don't see how stating that is being noncommittal. And not supporting enemies of the west? I've said it before but since the leader of the US does not like to read I will say it again. I will name the nations you've mentioned to me and if you deny it I will screen shot the PM. You said you are feeling threatened from North Korea and Iran. China has been trading and exporting with Korea it's known world wide so it's nothing new so telling me to stop with little reasoning is not going to make me stop. North Korea is surviving BECAUSE of China. China provides North Korea with about 80% of their consumer goods and almost most of their food. So here it is no, I will not stop aiding North Korea. And export/import with Iran is very important to us with them providing us with Oil so no I will not cut ties with them.

And you will continue to say that I'm doing this as an act of taking out other nations when I'm looking out for my country economically.

So this is another warning to stop twisting up my words and saying I'm doing this for power.

Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The US and China has always worked together in export/import so I don't see how stating that is being noncommittal. And not supporting enemies of the west? I've said it before but since the leader of the US does not like to read I will say it again. I will name the nations you've mentioned to me and if you deny it I will screen shot the PM. You said you are feeling threatened from North Korea and Iran. China has been trading and exporting with Korea it's known world wide so it's nothing new so telling me to stop with little reasoning is not going to make me stop. North Korea is surviving BECAUSE of China. China provides North Korea with about 80% of their consumer goods and almost most of their food. So here it is no, I will not stop aiding North Korea. And export/import with Iran is very important to us with them providing us with Oil so no I will not cut ties with them.

And you will continue to say that I'm doing this as an act of taking out other nations when I'm looking out for my country economically.

So this is another warning to stop twisting up my words and saying I'm doing this for power.
I think it's about time North Korea looks out four the will of it's people. You have the power to guide North Korea to a golden age. As for Iran I would love to work with them and broker peace in the middle east. I worry that you are attempting to be puppet master and will fund wars. You have the power to do great things, I hope you end goal is world peace and not world domination.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Me and bulldogs have started GerCan together

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is very interesting and seems very eyeopening to the best korea in the world

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
This is very interesting and seems very eyeopening to the best korea in the world
I think North Korea can be a great nation. I am open to working out our conflict. All I hope to do is put an end to attacks against each other. We should all be working together to make this world a better place. America will not be attacking other nations anymore. The past is in the past and I hope we can come to a global truth free of petty squabbles.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

It's funny how fast your tone has changed.

Old 11-21-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to find nations against me and then suddenly changing your tone eh?

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 11-21-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I think we should all come together and form a new united nations. America would like to cut military spending and focus on science and education. We must protect each other and usher in an age of prosperity.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Australia is just chillin'. Carry on.

In the immediate future we will be maintaining close economic ties with China, who currently import from us a very large quantity of mining materials to help sustain their economy.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Quick question:

For the Overt actions, can they be edited/updated through the week (or until we advance,) or once it is posted it is set in stone?

I am assuming covert actions are set in stone when sent so you don't get 50,000 PMs, lol.
Hmm. This is usually a tough rule to deal with. I've done it both ways. The problem with allowing editing is people will try to adjust their own posts based on what other people post before them, even if it is subtle.

I'm going to say you can edit it, but it as I stated before, if someone invades you then you can't your military element in any way, i.e. suddenly ramping up your production of tanks or tightening up your border defense and what not. But yes, just one covert action haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Anybody who takes action against the west can expect a quick and severe counter attack.
Quote:
I see the US is already trying to create tension between the powerful nation of China. We will not be bullied this is a warning.
Remember, this is the equivalent to the out of game mafia discussion thread. If you have a feud with another country please leave it to the in-game discussion thread. This is more casual. And also, clearly this isn't mafia but conflict, deception, etc. between countries happen A LOT so I wouldn't want anyone to take it personally.

Also, I just wanted to add, this is very much so NOT mafia and it should not be treated as such. You're free to do what you want, but if you try to question all your trade agreements (many have done this), stir up things, and be generally be a loose cannon your country is going to suffer for it.

I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, it's just a reminder that this and the mafia game have nothing in common. Don't play this like the mafia game. Not using common sense and acting irrationally will only hurt your country. Granted, countries have disagreements all the time but how they handle that is key to stability. If you try to start things up, it will not end like mafia does.

Last edited by Forenci : 11-21-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Forenci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:54 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Japan has a really bad toothache and can't get an appointment until this afternoon so war could be imminent!!! Just saying

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha. Happy Thanksgiving, guys. I'm sure like most of you, I will be out and busy all day but if for some reason you have questions just PM them to me for the time being as it's a little easier to respond to via my phone when I check in.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kick some ass, IBC. World domination is expected!

I'm not really sure whats happening but id be happy to take part if it was possible.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Don't forget to get your action summaries in by Tuesday. And your covert action summaries via PM.

Props to Shane on being the first.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Just another reminder. Post your action summaries and covert action summaries (via PM) by tomorrow at 7 p.m.

It doesn't have to be an essay. You're more than welcome to bullet point it if that's what you want to do.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and Denmark forget about the EU?

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, there are many countries in larger alliances and pacts that go onto form smaller trade pacts/alliances. Not that uncommon.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci, when will the results be posted. Is that something you anticipate posting tonight?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Did Ireland, the Netherlands, Poland and Denmark forget about the EU?
I didn't. Don't get me wrong I don't know the exact in's and out's of it but I don't think my policy measures would have made a big difference. Anything specfic?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, there are many countries in larger alliances and pacts that go onto form smaller trade pacts/alliances. Not that uncommon.
Militarily yes, but economically, not within the EU. They mentioned open trade as a consequence of their alliance, but that is already guaranteed by the EU under the Four Freedoms and the single market. That aspect of their treaty just seems redundant. Nothing huge, and I'm not speaking on Brazil's behalf(why I posted it here), just something I noticed.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Old 11-27-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Militarily yes, but economically, not within the EU. They mentioned open trade as a consequence of their alliance, but that is already guaranteed by the EU under the Four Freedoms and the single market. That aspect of their treaty just seems redundant. Nothing huge, and I'm not speaking on Brazil's behalf(why I posted it here), just something I noticed.
True enough. However, correct me if I'm wrong, they did mention a defense aspect to that agreement as well? Not to mention trade agreements can have various other incentives and stipulations that don't just include free trade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Forenci, when will the results be posted. Is that something you anticipate posting tonight?
Assuming most people get it before 7, yes. I may extend the deadline by a few hours though as some have expressed concerns that they will post but might not be able to make the deadline exactly.

I've already been writing up the responses as people send in their stuff so it's quicker to get out. Now granted, if someone did something crazy I may have to alter that but I don't expect a whole lot as our first turn progresses.

I don't mind being lenient, especially as this is the first go at it. From my understanding, it sounds like a lot of people were doing behind the scenes trade deals and such and they wanted to hold off posting until they knew the outcomes of these deals.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the holiday hurt a little bit also. I know it took me out of my NFLDC routine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
True enough. However, correct me if I'm wrong, they did mention a defense aspect to that agreement as well? Not to mention trade agreements can have various other incentives and stipulations that don't just include free trade.
They do mention the military and I think its a main aspect of the alliance, which is perfectly fine. As for incentives and stipulations, they would need to walk a fine line with that, as anything that provided any country with an advantage within the EU, and thus put the excluded countries at a disadvantage, would violate EU law.

Sig by Matthew Jones