Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-23-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I got the last copy of NBA 2k13. Then I waited in the check out line for two hours.

How much was your Nexus 7, bantx?
180! originally it was 250

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn nice. Wish I had seen that. I plan on grabbing one at some point.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn nice. Wish I had seen that. I plan on grabbing one at some point.
Loving it so far.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought Black Friday was ridiculously overrated?
Old 11-23-2012, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just depends. There are some great deals, there are some overrated deals.

I go for the experience. I went with my buddy and it was fun finding some good deal and waiting in line, haha.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I try to avoid too many tech devices. I could use a mac, but I want to save some money this year so I'm holding off. Same for the ipad.

Jewelry, I have no need to buy any this year for anyone.

Clothes...I heard most clothes sales are overrated on black friday.

The things I would want, ie a winter coat, clothes, and a watch, I can live without for another year.

Well I'll eventually buy more clothes, but I don't need to go out and get it right now.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I try to avoid too many tech devices. I could use a mac, but I want to save some money this year so I'm holding off. Same for the ipad.

Jewelry, I have no need to buy any this year for anyone.

Clothes...I heard most clothes sales are overrated on black friday.

The things I would want, ie a winter coat, clothes, and a watch, I can live without for another year.

Well I'll eventually buy more clothes, but I don't need to go out and get it right now.
I just lost all respect for you.

iPhones and iPods are one things but Mac's and iPad's are tremendously overrated and overpriced.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I just lost all respect for you.

iPhones and iPods are one things but Mac's and iPad's are tremendously overrated and overpriced.
You just bought an iPhone. Stop hating yourself!

IPads are overrated. Which is why I haven't bought one yet. I honestly would just use it for school.

Macs aren't overrated. They last so much longer than laptops. My brother's old mac has been purring like a kitten for 6 years now. His laptop wet the bed after 2. PCs are more maintenance which I don't have patience for.

And I'd never buy a new MAC. Complete waste of money. Used ones on craigslist are much more affordable and just as good. Lots of apple fan boys sell their old macs prematurely to get the latest greatest one. And that's when I pounce and buy one from a yuppie in Manhattan who got tired of his 6 month old MAC and is selling it for half price.

And for the record, iPods are the most overrated apple product. What's the point of having 1 if you have an iPhone?
Old 11-23-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And for the record, iPods are the most overrated apple product. What's the point of having 1 if you have an iPhone?
Well they come in different sizes. Some are really small and clip onto something when you run or work out. Also space. I never wanted to use my iphone for an ipod truly because I had a million things on my ipod which would suck up all my free phone space. A few albums works just fine. Then again, not everyone has an iphone either.

Also for the workout people. Visit supplementwarehouse.com for some great sales through today. I always order there all year but awesome sales. 99 cent workout gloves among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Macs aren't overrated. They last so much longer than laptops. My brother's old mac has been purring like a kitten for 6 years now. His laptop wet the bed after 2. PCs are more maintenance which I don't have patience for.
This really depends on what brand you buy. If you buy a Dell, Toshiba, HP, Acer, ect. then yes they tend to crap out. However, you can buy a $1000 Lenovo or Asus which will last you just as long if not longer than a $2000 Macbook. Also, PC's aren't generally a ton of work either. To each his own in terms of personal preference, but the last longer thing is a huge crock of crap.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well they come in different sizes. Some are really small and clip onto something when you run or work out. Also space. I never wanted to use my iphone for an ipod truly because I had a million things on my ipod which would suck up all my free phone space. A few albums works just fine. Then again, not everyone has an iphone either.

Also for the workout people. Visit supplementwarehouse.com for some great sales through today. I always order there all year but awesome sales. 99 cent workout gloves among other things.
Fair enough. I'm not much of a music guy anymore. Nowadays, my old playlists and pandora hold down the fort. And I really only listen to music in the car anyway.

So my phone is enough for me.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
This really depends on what brand you buy. If you buy a Dell, Toshiba, HP, Acer, ect. then yes they tend to crap out. However, you can buy a $1000 Lenovo or Asus which will last you just as long if not longer than a $2000 Macbook. Also, PC's aren't generally a ton of work either. To each his own in terms of personal preference, but the last longer thing is a huge crock of crap.
Constantly updating virus protection is a hassle to me. *shrug*

To be fair, I'm not much of a tech guy, so I like simple reliable products that require less maintenance.

I just want something that works every time I use it, works fast, and requires as little maintenance as possible.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I'm probably in the minority but it's extremely annoying to me that everything with Apple is weird, different, off. Even simple things like scrolling, clicking, if you need to find out your ip address your probably going to spend the entire day trying to figure it out without google. It's not a big deal with the controls and all that for people who use them primarily but it's a headache for me.

No matter what Apple product, they make everything different and seperate so you always have to resort back to more apple products. Try having an iphone for a few years then switching to a Galaxy, it's a headache. A normal phone everything stores on the computer like normal but iphone has to store everything through itunes and be synced. Other then an ipod I hate Apple, not that their products suck just that it was too much of a hassle with anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
My haul, I fully did not expect to spend this much.

Nexus 7 32 gig
1 tb toshiba external hd
16 gig ultra sdhc memory card for my camera
Wilson Evolution basketball, academy was having a 50% off all balls couldn't pass up on a cheap basketball!

I was planning on getting video games and movies and got none of that.

amazon

32 gb for 19
Old 11-23-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
You just bought an iPhone. Stop hating yourself!

IPads are overrated. Which is why I haven't bought one yet. I honestly would just use it for school.

And I'd never buy a new MAC. Complete waste of money. Used ones on craigslist are much more affordable and just as good. Lots of apple fan boys sell their old macs prematurely to get the latest greatest one. And that's when I pounce and buy one from a yuppie in Manhattan who got tired of his 6 month old MAC and is selling it for half price.

All untrue things. I don't understand how you can generalize laptops too. Dell's are trash, sure. But Lenovo, Asus and Toshiba are all fantastic quality and I've had my Toshiba for years now with zero issues. Not only that, but I laugh when my friends have to get their Mac battery replaced after a year or two. I've never changed by Toshiba battery in four years and I still can get 12-14+ hours on my battery.

Quote:

To be fair, I'm not much of a tech guy, so I like simple reliable products that require less maintenance.

I just want something that works every time I use it, works fast, and requires as little maintenance as possible.
I think it's funny how people think Mac's are safer from virus attacks. They aren't. It's just most virus are aimed toward PC's because (duh) PC's dominate the share of the PC market. Why make viruses for Mac when no one uses them?

PC's are just as reliable as Mac's, if not more so. And PC's are only hard to use if you are 60 years old. Not to mention they're much more customizable and arguably easier to use in many ways.

Just don't buy a crap brand like HP or Dell.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
All untrue things. I don't understand how you can generalize laptops too. Dell's are trash, sure. But Lenovo, Asus and Toshiba are all fantastic quality and I've had my Toshiba for years now with zero issues. Not only that, but I laugh when my friends have to get their Mac battery replaced after a year or two. I've never changed by Toshiba battery in four years and I still can get 12-14+ hours on my battery.

I think it's funny how people think Mac's are safer from virus attacks. They aren't. It's just most virus are aimed toward PC's because (duh) PC's dominate the share of the PC market. Why make viruses for Mac when no one uses them?

PC's are just as reliable as Mac's, if not more so. And PC's are only hard to use if you are 60 years old. Not to mention they're much more customizable and arguably easier to use in many ways.

Just don't buy a crap brand like HP or Dell.
They are safer from attacks...

You just explained why...

Anyway, this is the black friday thread. Let's not go off course.

Let's touch iPhones!

#iPhoneIn2012
Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
They are safer from attacks...

You just explained why...

Anyway, this is the black friday thread. Let's not go off course.

Let's touch iPhones!

#iPhoneIn2012
No, they are less likely to get attacks. They are not safer from them. It's a big difference most people don't realize.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, they are less likely to get attacks. They are not safer from them. It's a big difference most people don't realize.
Exactly... and the thing is when they do get attacked Apple is so slow and has some of the worst support in those instances.

There was a virus earlier this year that crippled Mac users and it took Apple something like 2 weeks to get a fix.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Damn, I wish I saw that earlier. Anybody know anything about a good deal on 2K13?
Quote:

You should be more of a tech guy, given that you're some sort of super specific engineer.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You should be more of a tech guy, given that you're some sort of super specific engineer.
Biotech. Most of the software work gets done by our IT department. And for what it's worth, that's probably the main reason why I hate windows so much. Most of my bioreactor issues are software issues caused by ****** ass windows.

Bc Microsoft sucks too much to make something that works right the first time, so they require constant patches that messes up my controllers because of automatic resets built into windows.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just realized I double quoted TBW by accident, whoops.

Quote:
Biotech. Most of the software work gets done by our IT department. And for what it's worth, that's probably the main reason why I hate windows so much. Most of my bioreactor issues are software issues caused by ****** ass windows.

Bc Microsoft sucks too much to make something that works right the first time, so they require constant patches that messes up my controllers because of automatic resets built into windows.
Psh, Microsoft is better than Apple and always will be.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Word. You guys have mechanical engineering opening?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I just realized I double quoted TBW by accident, whoops.

Psh, Microsoft is better than Apple and always will be.
Microsoft sucks. They're only relevant bc they're created a monopoly in the corporate world. Every corporation uses windows. And that won't change any time soon, unless tablets take over which I don't see happening right now.

If Microsoft didn't have Microsoft Office and Windows they would be done by now.

But because every corporation uses Windows and Office bc of familiarity they are untouchable. They're not better. They're just universal bc of their stranglehold on the market.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Word. You guys have mechanical engineering opening?
I wish bro. We're cutting 20% of our company in December.

Are you in the NY/NJ area?
Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Microsoft sucks. They're only relevant bc they're created a monopoly in the corporate world. Every corporation uses windows. And that won't change any time soon, unless tablets take over which I don't see happening right now.

If Microsoft didn't have Microsoft Office and Windows they would be done by now.

But because every corporation uses Windows and Office bc of familiarity they are untouchable. They're not better. They're just universal bc of their stranglehold on the market.
Hey, if a few years ago I had to choose between buying a product from a guy with a charitable foundation who tries to help out people from around the world or a ******* asshole who is getting celebrated as some great guy just because he died...I know who'd I'd take. If Apple was better and had a better set of programming (hell they could just work with the Open Office developers), they'd take over. But they charge insane prices for their product, when it isn't even better.

RIP TheManInBlack