Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What wallpaper app do you guys use? I used to use Wallbase, but they haven't updated it in forever.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I use "google iPhone 'subject' wallpaper"
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I got an iPhone 5... haven't really noticed anything different about it compared to my iPhone 4 except for the battery life is atrocious, like pathetic in comparison.

Basically it uses battery about 10 times faster than my 2 and a half year old iPhone 4.

I needed a new one as the clicker was dying on the old one but considering that I haven't noticed it doing anything the old one didn't or any new feature that adds to it it's pretty disappointing!

On a positive... bought an Apple TV now that it supports NBA TV and that thing is pretty awesome.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
So I got an iPhone 5... haven't really noticed anything different about it compared to my iPhone 4 except for the battery life is atrocious, like pathetic in comparison.

Basically it uses battery about 10 times faster than my 2 and a half year old iPhone 4.

I needed a new one as the clicker was dying on the old one but considering that I haven't noticed it doing anything the old one didn't or any new feature that adds to it it's pretty disappointing!

On a positive... bought an Apple TV now that it supports NBA TV and that thing is pretty awesome.
My battery life is amazing. You might want to take it to the Apple store and get another one. Sounds like you have a bad phone.

Everyone I know who has a 5 raves about the battery life. Might want to get that checked out.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
My battery life is amazing. You might want to take it to the Apple store and get another one. Sounds like you have a bad phone.

Everyone I know who has a 5 raves about the battery life. Might want to get that checked out.
How long does your's last on average? You have a 5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I have a 5. It pretty much lasts all day. If I use my phone nonstop from like 10am to 9pm it will die around then. But I have to basically use my phone nonstop all day long for it to die.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have a 5. It pretty much lasts all day. If I use my phone nonstop from like 10am to 9pm it will die around then. But I have to basically use my phone nonstop all day long for it to die.
Yeah I feel I'm about the same way, I was thinking my battery was just so-so but thats good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Yeah I feel I'm about the same way, I was thinking my battery was just so-so but thats good to know.
I don't even kill apps. I don't need to. I charge my phone every night so there's no point of trying to save the battery any.

And by the time my 2 year contract is up and the battery starts dying out, I'm sure I'll just upgrade to the iphone 6 by then anyway.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, you are saying that the 5 has a much better battery life than the 4?

What else does the 5 do better. I know speed and screen size - two things that aren't THAT important to me.

Sell me.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

What else does the 5 do better. I know speed and screen size - two things that aren't THAT important to me.

Sell me.
Well to be fair this is my first iPhone, so it may be something that I appreciate more than ppl who have had iPhones for awhile.

But to me, it's simple, the 5 is lighter, bigger screen, retina display, 4G LTE, better processor with some additional features.

Did they reinvent the wheel? No. But it is better than the 4.

It's all about preference. I like smaller phones that are fast, and reliable. The S3 is huge, I'm not a big fan of Android OS bc they get buggy after a year, and while their specs are great on paper, they're never as fast as iPhones.

If you like iOS, like fast phones that never crap out, and like smaller phones, the iPhone is for you. And for what it's worth, the app store is much better than google play and common apps are better on the iPhone too. Most android users don't realize this. Yes, we both have the ebay app, yes we both have the linkedin app. But use it on the iPhone and use it on Android and you'll see the app is just 10 million times better on the iPhone. The software was developed better. This is the case with most apps, they put more time into the apple app. So common apps aren't equal in many cases.

If you like big phones, open source, and are willing to lose some speed, screen sharpness, and tolerate a bug here and there then go for the S3. Google navigation is also by far the best nav on the market. There's ways to get similar navigation on the iPhone but nothing beats google navigation.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recently switched from an iphone to an SII and I didn't notice any difference at all in the app store, or how the apps ran. I primarily ran the same apps on both phones, general ones like ebay, weather channel, etc. Not that their aren't differences I just never picked up on any.

I don't know about the losing of the speed thing. Screen sharpness can be adjusted on both models though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Really? I noticed considerable difference btw common apps on my iPhone vs my Droid X.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want an iPhone 5 but I'm poor :(

Actually I just can't upgrade until next August. I'll just wait for the 6 by then.

Last edited by Bert Macklin : 11-23-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just ordered the iPhone 5.

In the words of Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT."

In the actions of Bart Scott, "Here's the sideline Vereen - it's all yours buddy!"
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeaaaaaaaaah.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm enjoying my iPhone 5. However, I do not like some of the limitations with it.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I'm enjoying my iPhone 5. However, I do not like some of the limitations with it.
Just admit you like the damn phone. You bought it for a reason.

You could have had the s3 or the note II. You chose the iPhone 5 bc you knew it was better for you. Stop feeling so guilty about it.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because you're using the most recent iOS and a relatively ancient version of android. there are massive differences on my X and from my nexus, pre-it being stolen.
I had the latest version of android prior to ice cream sandwich? At least I thought I did.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just admit you like the damn phone. You bought it for a reason.

You could have had the s3 or the note II. You chose the iPhone 5 bc you knew it was better for you. Stop feeling so guilty about it.
No, I'm just being honest. Hence why I said I am enjoying it (aka liking it) but there are some things I do not like about it. It's not a perfect phone, but it's a very good one which is why I got it.

I mean, it had more to do with the fact that the new Nexus was an LG and the SIII is starting to age a bit in terms of performance.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
apparently this is a really common problem. i'm lazy, but i know there are a ******** of tips on google to improve that.
Had a google and it seems from what I've done that the equaliser on the iPhone 5 and iOS 6 is busted and just drains battery, turning that off and my battery became far more comparable to the iPhone 4.

Quote:

Still not getting close to the 4 but with the above it's much better, managed to leave work yesterday with 79% battery (had been in the 20s prior to turning off equaliser for past two weeks). In comparison I would leave in the 90-95 range depending on amount of calls with the 4 but my iPhone 4 has some kind of god mode battery so not a fair comparison (me and a mate recently traveled and were using our phones that were same age, same usage and everything and I would have 70% when his would run dead level godmode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

Sell me.
Honestly... the only difference that is worth noting that i can tell is if you live in an area with G4 LTE service as the speed is absolutely blazing. That is basically the reason to upgrade. I haven't noticed any noteworthy difference on anything else now that I've seemingly fixed the battery (though the sacrifice of the equaliser is a bit of a gripe).

As someone who is generally connected to a WiFi network when I'm browsing I haven't noticed anything else of note or distinction. I'm like you in that the processor speed and screen size are pretty unimportant. I do wish they'd address the keypad and add some new functionality as that is where the Android phones are really pulling away, imo.

Still... it's a good phone and once I sorted the battery life I've got nothing negative to say on it as a reason not to buy it, if you like the 4, the 5 is basically just a shiny new version.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 11-24-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I actually love the iPhone keyboard. I used swype on Android, and I loved swype but the autocorrect on the iPhone keyboard is second to none, and I type faster on the iPhone than the Android.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I actually love the iPhone keyboard. I used swype on Android, and I loved swype but the autocorrect on the iPhone keyboard is second to none, and I type faster on the iPhone than the Android.
Autocorrect is fine, my problem is with the lack of customisation of the size of the buttons or positions... for example I'd love to **** the "shift" button the hell off, the amount of times that thing triggers instead of an "a" is just absurd.

Would love to be able to make the buttons bigger, I don't need 3/4 of the screen to see my message, would rather have 50/50 and actually be able to "type" rather than feeling like I'm playing landmind typing.

Again... it's a pretty petty complaint and probably a good sign that it is a quality phone :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We got google navigation!

Oh man, we're so much better than android.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just wanted to mention an app that I've been working on. (Mods, if this violates forum policy, I apologize).

It's a turn based heads up Hold'em game called Poker AnyTIME! Pretty much Words With Friends for poker. It's free and you can play an unlimited number of games.

I'd appreciate it if you go and check it out.

Poker AnyTIME!

JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That actually looks like a pretty badass app. I'm gonna check it out.