Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who will be the better the player in your opinion
Von Miller 78 69.64%
Aldon Smith 16 14.29%
Too close for comfort 18 16.07%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does 5 sacks against Gabe Carimi to get to the stiff that is Jason Campbell even count as sacks?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Does 5 sacks against Gabe Carimi to get to the stiff that is Jason Campbell even count as sacks?
Probably not. His 10 other sacks this season shouldn't really count, either.

How many sacks did favored NFL DPOY J.J. Watt get against the same guys, just last week?

Last edited by phlysac : 11-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:03 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
You're a 49ers fan, of course you have the viewpoint Smith is on par with Miller.
Of course. Everyone who watches a player on their team can't be objective at all...right?

You should have seen all of my cheering for the likes of Kentwan Balmer or Kevan Barlow back in the day. I mean they were 49ers too.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why's everyone so mad in this thread? Chill.

I came here to throw up a poll that axed:

If we were starting new franchises and you had a chance to start your defense with either of these 5 guys (and had yet to determine what D scheme you'd run, 3-4, 4-3, or who your DC would be), how would your draft board look #1-5 among these guys:
  • Aldon Smith
  • Von Miller
  • Jason Pierre-Paul
  • JJ Watt
  • Ndamukong Suh
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got it:
  1. Watt
  2. Pierre-Paul
  3. V Miller
  4. Suh
  5. A Smith
Old 11-22-2012, 08:50 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. JJ Watt
2. Von Miller
3. Aldon Smith
4. Jason Pierre-Paul
5. Ndamakong Suh

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
1. clay matthews

102. von miller
103. jj watt
104. aldon smith
105. whatever
you forgot Juice Williams. HE'D KNOW WHAT THE QUARTERBACK WOULD BE THINKING. Like a god damn mind reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
is juice williams even still a person?
was he ever?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My choice:

1) Miller
2) Watt
3) JPP
4) Suh
5) Smith

I think Smith is a better player than Suh now, but I still think if you put Suh in a read and react scheme like he played at Nebraska he'd be a beast again.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miller
Watt
JPP
Smith

Suh - Cause he's the worst of the group by a large margin.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol suh over ngata. silly j-mike.
Old 11-22-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get the pleasure of watching either of these two enough, so i'm not going to act like i've seen every game of their seasons, but based on my viewing i would prefer to take Von at this point in time. Don't get me wrong, i'd kill for the Jets to have either player (or a OLB with half their talent), but putting them in a bubble and choosing between the two I have to go with Von. He always seems to grab my attention. Watching the 49ers I find myself noticing Bowman or Justin Smith or X other guys constantly. I can only figure that with all the talent around him that offenses must have a harder time focusing on Smith than they do when playing Von and the Broncos...and he still consistently gets it done.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love um both.. **** the poll (waaaait uhhhh)

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:09 AM    (permalink
elway=goat
Rookie

elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.elway=goat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hated the Von Miller pick initially.. boy was I wrong. You can make the argument, that not only is he the most complete linebacker in football. But the best defensive player as well. I have gotten to watch a good amout of both teams and players. Smith appears to me, to be a pure pass rusher. Miller can rush the passer just as well, but is much more dominate in the run game as well.

"This one's for John" Pat Bowlen
elway=goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:14 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not disagreeing that Miller has shown to be more impactful in the run game. My question, since I've only seen 3-ish Broncos games this season, is what makes Miller "dominant" against the run, while Smith is just a "pass rusher."?

Remembering that the "additional talent" argument often used to discredit Smith, can also be theorized to benefit Miller, at times. It's a give-and-take.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since Aldon has been given the chance in his extended role this season as a full time starter, he's been pretty good against the run. Teams are necessarily attacking him assuming he's a liability in that department.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
lol suh over ngata. silly j-mike.
Just age amigo...... I still am bitter we selected Hawk over Ngata back in 2006.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:28 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Niner fan, gotta go with Von. Aldon benefits so much from having Justin next to him, it's ridiculous.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And elvis dumervil is just some hack of a player.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Von gets the edge. It helps that he was much more polished at linebacker coming out of A&M than Aldon was coming out of Missouri

But I think eventually Aldon will surpass him. Aldon still has a lot more untapped potential which is scary.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I wonder how close Aldon gets to Strahan's sack record. Should be interesting.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
As a Niner fan, gotta go with Von. Aldon benefits so much from having Justin next to him, it's ridiculous.
Perhaps. I'm certain it does "some" of the time. I'm also certain there are times when Aldon would've made a play but Bowman, Willis, Justin, etc made it first. There's good and bad (from an individual's productivity) when surrounded by other talent. Patrick Willis is great example. He is as dominant as ever, but he makes fewer impact plays now that Bowman is beside him. Is it because Willis isn't as good as he was? Of course not.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I wonder how close Aldon gets to Strahan's sack record. Should be interesting.
Strahan's sack record won't hold up much longer. With the way teams pass nowadays, and seeing several players the past 2 years threaten the record, it's only a matter of time before it gets broken.

Watt could break it this year.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Reminds me of the MVP debate last season with Rodgers and Brees. Some fans were saying that Rodgers was partly just a part of a unique system once Matt Flynn had his day in the sun against the Lions. Then others were saying Brees benefited from playing in a dome. Too bad they couldn't be co-MVP's like McNair and Manning were in 2003.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 09:56 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smith is now a 1/2 a sack away from having the most sacks in the first two seasons.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote