Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What Round for Denard Robinson at RB?

The guy took one to the house today for 67 yards. We've all seen this for years now with him. They just started placing him at RB. To me he looks like he could pickup the true RB in the NFL. He's been reading blocks for years now. So what round would you take a kid like this? 3rd maybe. His speed kills D's.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is already penciled in at the WR spot for the Senior Bowl so I doubt he will get any looks at RB when it comes down to being drafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
He is already penciled in at the WR spot for the Senior Bowl so I doubt he will get any looks at RB when it comes down to being drafted.
Where did you read this? I was under the impression that his Sr. Bowl position was still up in the air.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't get that... The guys been " running " the ball for 4 years in the big ten. Then your going to try and make him a WR? Why not a 3rd down back w/ wildcat looks that he could maybe throw the ball out of ( trick plays ) a few times a season. Seems you'll get more out of him if you leave him where's he's been.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Where did you read this? I was under the impression that his Sr. Bowl position was still up in the air.
On the Senior Bowl invites thread he is listed as a WR

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm weird, but I'd be tempted to spend a second round pick on him depending on who else was available and who else I had on my team. I like his chances to be a dynamic player who contributes as a runner, receiver and return man.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
It is, but in the Senior Bowl profiles he was listed as a QB/WO. Far from confirmed.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th round but some dumb GM will take him in the 2nd.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

I say 3rd round. I could be dumb, but I think this kid could be a 7 to 10 rushes a game back. With being your KR/PR.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
4th round but some dumb GM will take him in the 2nd.
The guy ran a 10.5 100m in high school. He'll likely put up one of the fastest times at the combine, and a GM is only being dumb if he thinks he is automatically a long-term project because he played QB in college. Denard Robinson is going to offer a lot of the same things Percy Harvin, Devin Hester and others offer their teams. This is one of the fastest, most dangerous open field runners available in this draft, and those don't last til the 4th round.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I can see Denard Robinson becoming the next Chris Johnson/Jamaal Charles. Think he's going to be bigger than people expect at the combine. He's small for a QB, but he's going to show up at 5'11" and 200 lbs. His build is just fine for the way he runs.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
The guy ran a 10.5 100m in high school. He'll likely put up one of the fastest times at the combine, and a GM is only being dumb if he thinks he is automatically a long-term project because he played QB in college. Denard Robinson is going to offer a lot of the same things Percy Harvin, Devin Hester and others offer their teams. This is one of the fastest, most dangerous open field runners available in this draft, and those don't last til the 4th round.
Sproles lasted til the 4th and he played the position in college. Robinson is transitioning to a different position in the Pros. Armanti Edwards was a second round pick a few years back - had the same skillset as Robinson and was picked in the 2nd -he has not shown he is worthy of that pick. Speed is great but plenty of faster guys drop in the draft. His name will get him drafted higher than it should but their will be faster guys available later in the draft.

Sam McGuffie has pretty similar measurable and runs track in college - he projects the same as Denard Robinson in terms of position in the pros and he will be available until late day 3 of the draft and might go UDFA. Rainey fell to the 5th round in the past draft.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
REDiculous
Rookie

REDiculous hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say third round. I could see him becoming a Dexter McCluster type, although with better production in a competent offense.
REDiculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3rd or 4th round, depending on the chalkboard session at the combine.

Considering that Randall Cobb was the last pick of the second round two years ago, and that Cobb actually played WR and RB extensively at Kentucky, I would say the second round is categorically too early for Robinson.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 11-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm weird, but I'd be tempted to spend a second round pick on him depending on who else was available and who else I had on my team. I like his chances to be a dynamic player who contributes as a runner, receiver and return man.
This. It's always hard to say when you have no idea who is available, but Iwouldn't be mad at spending a late second or 3rd on him.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I just watched the highlight of his long TD run against Ohio State, and I'm telling you, folks - Denard Robinson is running back. He looked thicker than I remembered, and the reason he got the TD, besides his speed, is beceause he put his shoulders down between two tacklers who couldn't quite close the door on him and made it out the back side. He's a natural runner, and he's extremely fast. He played QB at Michigan because they had nobody and he's a good enough overall athlete that he can throw it, too. Then Devin Gardner rose to the occasion and now Denard Robinson is playing his natural position. You know what, I'd take him late first. Maybe mid first. If he tears it up as a running back through the end of the season, he's a first round pick to me. He's been arguably the most electric player in college football since his sophomore year, and his reputation is built on running the ball.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's totally a RB. Strong runner, thick build, used to running NFL concepts (Inside Zone, Power O, Iso, and Counter action). he knows how to read and set up blocks and is incredibly patient. He's done a lot more than just run Read Option in his career.

The only thing is that he is a little bit upright, but he is still good at getting skinny thru creases, reducing his surface area, and driving his legs. Question will be whether if he can learn to pass block and/or catch from the backfield. Mostly though, he's someone I want to GIVE the ball to, not run around and try to make a play on it in the air.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR

Last edited by y.f.s. : 11-24-2012 at 08:00 PM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always figured that he'd end up at WR in the NFL. I think he has a WR frame, and he he's a pretty smart guy who understands the passing game. Watching him the past couple of weeks, though, I've reconsidered his game. YFS basically explained why he could be a guy who gets legit looks at RB. I think his ceiling is probably early-2nd round and his floor is 4th round. He's better than most of the QB-turned-Slash prospects that we've seen.

And he's clearly a better prospect than Sam McGuffie. He's just a superior talent. The fact that McGuffie will be an UDFA isn't relevant.

Last edited by WCH : 11-24-2012 at 08:27 PM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has to be able to catch before he can become a WR. If it were that easy, everyone would do it.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a guy you get the ball to in open space. Rb/KR/PR/Reverse things like that.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
He is a guy you get the ball to in open space. Rb/KR/PR/Reverse things like that.
But he's not limited to that.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can see Denard Robinson becoming the next Chris Johnson/Jamaal Charles. Think he's going to be bigger than people expect at the combine. He's small for a QB, but he's going to show up at 5'11" and 200 lbs. His build is just fine for the way he runs.
I think he'll be lucky to be the next Josh Cribbs to be truthful. Not sure he'll even be drafted.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Sproles lasted til the 4th and he played the position in college. Robinson is transitioning to a different position in the Pros. Armanti Edwards was a second round pick a few years back - had the same skillset as Robinson and was picked in the 2nd -he has not shown he is worthy of that pick. Speed is great but plenty of faster guys drop in the draft. His name will get him drafted higher than it should but their will be faster guys available later in the draft.

Sam McGuffie has pretty similar measurable and runs track in college - he projects the same as Denard Robinson in terms of position in the pros and he will be available until late day 3 of the draft and might go UDFA. Rainey fell to the 5th round in the past draft.
Because we all know that any two guys with similar measurables are basically the same player.

Get out of here with that ****. If you watch Sam McGuffie and Denard Robinson and can't see a significant difference in talent, then I don't know how anyone is supposed to have a serious conversation with you regarding this topic.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Because we all know that any two guys with similar measurables are basically the same player.

Get out of here with that ****. If you watch Sam McGuffie and Denard Robinson and can't see a significant difference in talent, then I don't know how anyone is supposed to have a serious conversation with you regarding this topic.
I brought up Rainey who is better than Robinson and played the position. He lasted until the 5th round. People are saying Robinson is basically a sure thing which he isn't. The dude has played what - 2 games at an RB and people are hyping him up. I was making a point that players with the same skillset can be found later in the draft.
Old 11-25-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y.f.s. View Post
He's totally a RB. Strong runner, thick build, used to running NFL concepts (Inside Zone, Power O, Iso, and Counter action). he knows how to read and set up blocks and is incredibly patient. He's done a lot more than just run Read Option in his career.
The thing that worries me is that at QB against teams with quality defensive talent (Ohio State, Wisconsin, Iowa a couple years back) he tended to get beat up and was unable to finish the game, and that's at quarterback.

As a running back I don't think he's a guy you can give the ball to more than 10 or so times a game, and I don't think that's worth a high pick.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote