Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Head coach?

Just wondering what your guys' thoughts were for the new upcoming head coach will be to replace Pioli and Co. Here's a thought: Marty as the GM and Kirk Ferentz as the Head Coach(I think he's on his way out of iowa)
Old 11-21-2012, 05:53 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhhh.......no and no. The only way Ferentz comes here is if Pioli is still the GM and that's seems less and less likely as the losses pile up. As for Marty, he's 69 and, to be honest, that's to old to be taking over a project this big. I see Clark using Marty in the capacity of a trusted advisor, a consigliere (think Robert Duvall in the Godfather) if you will.

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 11-21-2012 at 05:56 AM.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta be honest...there's a part of me that really wants Chuckie to come be the Chiefs coach.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still want Marc Ross to be our next GM, but I don't know how likely that is. I want Eric DeCosta more, but that is even more unlikely.

As for HC, your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
Just wondering what your guys' thoughts were for the new upcoming head coach will be to replace Pioli and Co. Here's a thought: Marty as the GM and Kirk Ferentz as the Head Coach(I think he's on his way out of iowa)
not just no, but HELL no! #1, i believe that Marty has zero interest in being a GM. if he wanted tobe in the NFL, he could have been doing that already. i have no doubt that Clark will consult with Marty over different things, but being a GM will take up a lot of his time. its more than a full time job. #2 Kirk Ferentz has a good relationship with Pioli. it doesn't make sense that he would come be a HC at a job where Pioli just failed and resigned/was fired. #3 it isn't like Ferentz has been lighting up the world @ Iowa recently. if fired there, i would assume he would need a coordinator/AHC position before someone gives him an NFL franchise as his own.

picking a new GM looks hard to me. i, as did nearly all of the NFL, thought Pioli was an excellent hire. he was the hottest name. he had all the credibility in the world. he had rings. Belichick gave him high praise and the often after grren light to look for a promotion else where. he could have chosen damn near any job he wanted. it was a coup for the Chiefs and Clark to land him. turns out that it wasn't the right choice and it didn't work here. so, now what? pick the next guy in line of "The Hottest Names in Future GMs" list? i guess. i'd rather have a guy that works than a hot name. i've learned recently to be careful how i react to these hires before they have a chance to prove/disprove themselves. i was overly critical of MUs hire of Frank Haith for 2 reasons. we missed on Painter and Haith hadn't proven much @ Miami. i was wrong on both parts. Painter was the hot name and Miami is basketball purgatory. Haith just gets it done. thats what i want for the Chiefs. someone that just gets it done. things aren't always secretive. success or failure, we know and can see the "process" progressing. someone not afraid to admit a mistake and more importantly FIX IT! i think this decision is Clarks and Clarks alone to make because this is defining moment for him and us, the fans. it isn't to late to fix this problem. Arrowhead can still return to the Sea of Red. letting someone else make this choice would be irresponsible on his part. Clark can ask for help and guidance, but the decision is his to make. it can't be someone elses success or failure.

HC is alot easier for me. look for a guy that plays to the strengths the Chiefs currently have. look for a guy currently in a position that has stability. look for a blue collar guy. i really really like Vic Fangio. he has a lot of what we want. he has earned the right to become a HC. his defense would fit well with our personel and i'm sure he has learned alot for Jim Harbaugh over the past 3 seasons. learned things that he can use to take a team with some talent and turn them into a Super Bowl contender.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GM: Marc Ross
HC: Ray Horton or Vic Fangio (SF DC)
Old 11-25-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of that stuff for Ferentz was out of his hands. Alot of guys really screwed up or he got plauged with injuries especially at running back. I think the big thing he really screwed the pooch on is the hiring of his offensive coordinator.....The other thought it that Ferentz was often a name found in head coaching circles every year for awhile. Ferentz takes two-three star(typically) talent and turns them(with that base of good solid coaching) loose onto the NFL with typically good/above average starters. I mean, I was wrong on Pioli as well, but the guy has everything that you would (think) translate into success.

Then again, I' should just take my black and gold blinders on and go with Vic. I'd be more than ok with him.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the blinders need to come off. Ferentz will not be a good fit here without Pioli.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you so sure that Pioli will get canned? Or even Crenell considering he is really only a first year coach. Most head coaches get more leeway than a single season.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regimes that earn their way to a #1 overall pick are almost never retained.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
Are you so sure that Pioli will get canned? Or even Crenell considering he is really only a first year coach. Most head coaches get more leeway than a single season.
If he was he was a first time HC in his first year I'm sure Crennel would get another chance. But he already had a shot in Cleveland and was awful, and now he's leading the Chiefs to a top 3 pick. Not that either of these teams were great situations to begin with, but he's not cut out to be an NFL HC and will be a DC the rest of his career. The Chiefs need to move on from GM to QB and everything in between.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
This is the worst team in franchise history. It is Piolis 4th year. He is gone.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
If he was he was a first time HC in his first year I'm sure Crennel would get another chance. But he already had a shot in Cleveland and was awful, and now he's leading the Chiefs to a top 3 pick. Not that either of these teams were great situations to begin with, but he's not cut out to be an NFL HC and will be a DC the rest of his career. The Chiefs need to move on from GM to QB and everything in between.
I actually thought the Chiefs were a good situation to begin with, quarterback aside. The team is drastically underperforming their talent level. There are what should be good football players all over the field but the coaching staff hasn't gotten them to perform consistently. The fact that the team can rise to the occasion against superior competition like Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Peyton Manning and get creamed by bad teams says all I need to know about the coaching staff.

And the fact that Pioli hasn't gotten off the Matt Cassel bandwagon is all the reason for him to go as well.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
don't you come in here with your bad attitude and jinx us. you keep that black magic and voodoo away. we do just fine jinxing ourselves.

i have actually thought of this myself. it does seems that we have been screaming this same thing for so long. maybe we just aren't being heard any more. i could see Pioli making it through. i have a hard time seeing Crennel doing the same, but who knows. Clark Hunt has been so quiet during this whole thing. one can only imagine what his real plans are

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 11-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote