Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2012, 04:45 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Brady had better be OPOY if not MVP.

Do you really think Ridley is a 1300+ yard back in the NFL?
This persuaded me. Seriously.

As for DROY, Casey Hayward has been playing incredible football. Bruce Irvin is also on pace for a 10+ sack season.

Last edited by WCH : 11-25-2012 at 07:56 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the whole premise of an MVP award in football is just awful. Not only does it eliminate 98% of the league right off the bat, but in close years it awards the most prestigious award on the basis of what team sucks the most. If you want to take it as literally as some people do, there could be a legitimate argument to be made for Andrew Luck or Jay Cutler because those teams are awful without them.

I wish we could just change the name to most outstanding player, so we could bypass moronic arguments like "player x had player y on his team so it's really not the same."
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Why? What does Manning's reputation have to do with him coming into a completely new environment with all but what 1 new teammate and immediately making that team into a Super Bowl contender?
The Broncos made it to the divisional round of the playoffs last year with Tim Tebow, a quarterback who can't even get onto the field this year over Mark Sanchez. Manning is definitely having an MVP-caliber season, but let's not act like it's some amazing feat that the Broncos are now Super Bowl contenders.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Brady controls his own destiny with this award. He's going to have back to back primetime games with 2 of the best teams in the league right near the end of the season. If, and it's a big if, the Patriots win both of those games and keep their avg point total in the mid-30's like it is now, I'd find it hard to think voters could overlook that regardless of what Manning or Rodgers do the rest of the way.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AP is vonna finish with 180 yards and 2 TDs a game and take er home.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
AP is vonna finish with 180 yards and 2 TDs a game and take er home.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-soldier-field

Idk about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think it's btw Peyton and Matt Ryan. I want to give it to Ryan just bc Peyton wins it so damn much. But that just tells you how good Peyton is.

What does it say about Tom Brady that he's always so damn good but we never mention him as a MVP candidate bc we all just expect the Patriots to be great every year?

Think about it. The guy plays with an awful defense every year, he carries the offense, hell he IS the offense, loses 4 games at most in a season for damn near the past 4 years, and he never gets a lick of consideration for MVP bc we all expect it of him and the Patriots.

Bc it's the Patriots. We fail to recognize the work that Brady does from an MVP standpoint bc we all just expect him to do it every year.

Hell, now that I went on that rant, I'm voting Brady.
This is exactly how I feel and why I voted Brady before reading anything in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so many Manning fans here gosh . He still overrated this year
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton won't win it because the voters can give him Comeback Player of the Year instead. Brees won't win because of the scandal, plus he's not having an MVP year. Adrian Peterson won't win it because they don't give it to anyone other than QBs anymore, which is why I'm guessing AP gets OPOY.

That leaves Brady, Rodgers, and Ryan. Ryan won't get it because he's not having a breakout year, even though his team is. Between Rodgers and Brady, Rodgers got it last year, so I'm guessing they give it to Brady this year.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Manning has better stats than Brady (assuming he has an average game this week).
No he doesn't. Yardage is a wash and Manning has 2 more TDs but more INTs. Manning's TD/INT ratio is like 3:1 and Brady's is 8:1

Personally I think it is between Brady and Rodgers. Both will finish strong down the stretch

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manning had a pretty average day today against a so-so defense.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:23 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Manning had a pretty average day today against a so-so defense.
Romeo's defeses have always done well against Manning. He made some real nice throws. The TD to Thomas was pin point but he also threw some ducks. I wonder if his arm is wearing down because it looked pretty weak at times today

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Why does Doug Martin look like Josh Freeman there?
Old 11-25-2012, 10:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
brady > manning. come on.
I hope you mean Brady Quinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brady had better be OPOY if not MVP.

Do you really think Ridley is a 1300+ yard back in the NFL? Yes, Brady has good weapons and his OL somehow manages to hold up (Solder and Vollmer are very good OTs, but Mankins has missed a ton of time and Wendell and Conolly are not on anyone's wish list at C and G), but that offense is #1 in the NFL because of Brady.

The team is winning games (in blowout fashion) because the defense has turned the corner a bit. Before the Talib trade, the Patriots were 6-3 having lost by a total of 4 points. (2-0 since) The Falcons are 8-1 and lost their game by 4 points.

In 2 of the 3 losses, Brady handed his defense an easy win if they could just have made a few stops in the 4th. Not 3 and outs, but holding them to field goals instead of TDs.
Ridley has more yards than the Packer's RBs + FB combined.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thats because the packers don't have any running backs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Thats because the packers don't have any running backs.
lol yeah, I was just making a counterpoint to his Ridley statement. I didn't include Cobb's rushing stats, but with him at least they have more rushing yards than 1 player for the Pats haha.

Peyton, Brady, and Rodgers all deserve it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Peyton won't win it because the voters can give him Comeback Player of the Year instead. Brees won't win because of the scandal, plus he's not having an MVP year. Adrian Peterson won't win it because they don't give it to anyone other than QBs anymore, which is why I'm guessing AP gets OPOY.

That leaves Brady, Rodgers, and Ryan. Ryan won't get it because he's not having a breakout year, even though his team is. Between Rodgers and Brady, Rodgers got it last year, so I'm guessing they give it to Brady this year.
On the real, this is probaly exactly how it is going to play out. Good logic.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Adrian Peterson should be awarded MVP. His team is 6-5 and they're 3-3 when he rushes for 100+ yards. Great choice. As a bonus you can pander to people who don't like seeing QBs get the MVP
Old 11-26-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Obviously I was joking around in a homerific fashion. Are you new to these forums?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
lol yeah, I was just making a counterpoint to his Ridley statement. I didn't include Cobb's rushing stats, but with him at least they have more rushing yards than 1 player for the Pats haha.

Peyton, Brady, and Rodgers all deserve it.
The point is that he's on pace for 1300 yards. People are giving up the runs because if they don't, they know Brady will kill them.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The point is that he's on pace for 1300 yards. People are giving up the runs because if they don't, they know Brady will kill them.
Yeah, but that's not anything new to Tom or any other great QB.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-26-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, but that's not new to Tom or any other great QB.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Yeah, but that's not anything new to Tom or any other great QB.
Which explains the prolific rushing attacks of Aaron Rodgers' Packers and Peyton Manning at the Colts. Got it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote